It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with the GOOGLE logo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
OK this is the second time recently that I have gone to google and their logo has been changed to represent the landing of an alien craft.
I thought at first it was movie related or something..
WTF????
Let me guess..they are waiting for someone to point it out on a conspiracy website...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i know!!!
about 10-14 days ago they had the ufo with a link to ufo phenomena
i was surprised to see that google would have something like that up
then this morning 12:01 or something i saw the ridiculous crop cirlce ones with the ufo above them
i personally think crop circles are straight up stupid because many are man made and try to pass off as being made by aliens
anyways i agree that its abit strange to see twice now

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well doodle this and google that.... they are messing with us and I'm not playing.

Google has refused to comment on the rumours and speculation, saying only that the mystery of the doodles would be revealed "in time". It also confirmed that its doodles were never used for commercial advertising, exploding the myth that the doodles could in some way be related to a film release.

Link

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Google just wants attention. Why is this an issue?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
oh geezz..an HG Wells tribute ?
WTF?
Who cares...
go back to doing your job google and stop doodling.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yup they are messing, they have a history of spoof products and web apps, April fools and the likes...

I clicked it and went into maps (uk ver) it straight off took me here(same search entry of course just 'crop circles' ) if you go to the sat view there are interesting patterns in the brown fields..

Hang on - looks like they have tried to put something in the picture, or it could just be a watermrark feature - can't be bothered to spend any time on it

[edit on 15/9/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

that's because "ufo" is the most searched term; thanks to folks like us

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Maybe its for the movie "The Fourth Kind" coming out in November...That is the only movie I can think of about aliens that is coming out...One I cant WAIT to see btw

I didnt see the crop circle logo until today. I never really paid much attention to google since I use the google tool bar so I had to go to the main page to see what everyone was talking about....I too would like to know what they are doing this for.....Ooooh maybe they are coming woohoo! Ok thats my little dream in fantasy land... : )

I will look and see if there are any other movies or TV shows coming out that they might be promoting in a subtle way...Who knows.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh no - they said somewhere that the doodle things are not promoting or advertising anything... So if they are telling the truth then that would rule out a film.... They got all 'mysterious' and said 'all will be revealed in time'

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I was just checking on this before.

Here, look:
www.guardian.co.uk...

Everyone's trying to read deep significance into this. Is it about abduction? Or aliens? Or Horsell? Or just crop circles? No. It's almost certainly a viral marketing campaign teasing people ahead of some launch in a week or two. One possible explanation is that it's trailing an online "happening" that will coincide with the 143rd anniversary of Wells's birth next week.

Crop circles were once fascinating additions to the English countryside, but now they have become tacky vehicles for corporations to advertise just about anything. A cottage industry has grown up with groups of circle-makers ready - for a price - to reproduce just about anything. The Royal Bank of Scotland, Disney, NBC, UKTV, Red Bull, Greenpeace, Microsoft, Nike, Shredded Wheat, Pepsi, Weetabix, the BBC, The Sun, Mitsubishi, O2, Big Brother, National Geographic, and the Discovery Channel have all paid to emblazon fields with their signatures.

Now Google has jumped on the bandwagon. If you click on the crop circle icon, it brings up a search for crop circles. The first alien-themed doodle that Google ran was last week, when it had people guessing why it showed a flying saucer "abducting" the letter "O" in its name. Clicking on that doodle took users through to a page about "unexplained phenomenon".

Expect all to be explained next week.

I love H.G. Wells! I think this is a cool idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Here's something for the youngsters around here to go for..

For the fourth year, we’re asking young people aged 5–16 from across the UK to design their own doodle. This year's theme is 'My Hero'. We'd love to see the figures young people look up to represented in their doodles, whether family, friends, people in the community, or world figures. We're interested in the people considered heroes for the 21st century and how entrants represent them using images.
linkypoos

All the Doodles so far have been drawn by one dude - but they want the kiddywinkies to have a go.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in one of the existing threads.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join