It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary discovery means world may not run out of crude

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Star and flag for you my friend. You keep your car and we can keep buying oil stocks. It's all good

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Thanks don't mind if I do however I am thinking of trading up to one of these.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/438f42499036.jpg[/atsimg]

www.piaggiousa.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Doubble post + happy face ^_^

[edit on 16-9-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

I have ta say... That's a pretty awesome looking bike even if it does still have it's training wheels

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
reply to post by ashnomadonte

I have ta say... That's a pretty awesome looking bike even if it does still have it's training wheels

Grrrr
I don’t care if it has 3 wheals and you be quite or you will hurt it's feelings

Thanks for the moment of fun sundancer.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The MPG on that 500 isnt realy that good!A lot of diesel cars far heavier than that get better fuel consumption.Surprised its that low?

BTW great thread,just shows you doesnt it how we are lied too over the years.The germans were cranking it out ages ago!

I also saw on the BBC recently a report on electric cars,and these cars were being made a hundred years back near or so!Its not a new idea,just another design dusted under the carpet

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte

Can you imagine!?! I wonder if big oil will stifle this. Could this mean lower gas if you can just produce the oil from whatever.

The idea of endless oil might be a bane to environmentalists and high-stakes oil production fields, such as Canada's oil sands, but most of the world's population will thrill to the idea that they will not have to give up their beloved automobiles.

I for one was not looking forward to having to bike to work

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well I doubt it - I mean the big companies aswell as the little guy on the street already know how to mass produce high potency alcohol, yet it most places it is illegal for the little guy to go about it. They are forced by law to buy it from a registered supplier.

I would think the big oil would simply go the same route. Force the hand of the law via political means to make it unlawful for anyone to 'make or manufacture oil without an approved license under regulation xyblahblah' or whatever.

And sure you get the little guy on the odd occasion making his own moonshine, but he's alone in his shanty listening to the sounds of fermentation - not driving around with it, and you can bet they'd develop a means to 'tag' legal oil in some way in order to ensure johnny bendover was not breaking the law!

We already pay thru the nose for oil as it is, if they did manage to manufacture it cheaper, they certainly would not drop the cost, making them even more rich, and us still effing up the environment with carbon monoxide and other byproducts.

It makes good sense for them to actually Find a way to manufacture oil, patent it, make it illegal for the layman to do so, then ??? profit!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Never heard about turning algea into fuel before!

Thanks for the info, and here's another video about this process!

He doesn't mention what it costs to to produce this "fuel" from the algea though, ...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't get it. All these things that show our govt is corrupt, and corporations have us by the dangling participles, yet not one large group of people has stood up, yelled ENOUGH! and have begun to shake down the beast.

Oh, look. there's something funny on tv. I'll see you all later.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
William (Bill) Cooper, author of behold a Pale Horse said this a long as.s time ago. He was in the "KNOW" if you will. If memory serves me right some firm out in Texas emptied an oil well 45 years ago and they went back and it was full again.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Thiaoouba Prophecy]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

can you provide a link to that I would love to read it! not a poke at you I really want to read it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte

can you provide a link to that I would love to read it! not a poke at you I really want to read it.

Umm this book ( Behold a Pale Horse )[if you havent read it I am shocked. If you have then I thnk its chapter 7 where he says that. The book is a Given to be in any Conspiracy Theorist Library. I can scan and email it to you ?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

nah I will go buy it if it is as good as you say it is than I should support the person that took the time to write it no? Thank you thoe it is a kind offer.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This article sounds like a step backwards. They are already building a facility where they will use a bacteria to "eat" at bio-garbage which will then turn the bio-garbage into hydocarbons.

www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Balone

Star for you and bringing this article to my attention thank you! This looks to be wicked awesome.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Balone

Good article.

Sounds like it would be a lot more cost efficient than that "mad scientist" looking thing to make fuel from algae.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I personally find the idea that oil is naturally formed from biomass a little hard to believe, but we'll run with it, and see what that also means to those who think oil is responsible for "global warming"...

If carbon dioxide is a global pollutant, and a dangerous contributor to "global warming" do not forget that all of that carbon you find in oil came from the atmosphere to begin with. If the earth was okay before this CO2 became oil, it will be okay if the oil becomes CO2.

Here's the sequence of the cycle:

Atmospheric CO2 > absorbed by plants > eaten by animals > both die > buried undergound > become oil > extracted and burned > become atmospheric CO2 again.

(This is if the theory of oil formation we are told is true)

So even if we are adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, we're just putting back what was already there in the first place some time ago.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by 30_seconds]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds
If carbon dioxide is a global pollutant, and a dangerous contributor to "global warming" do not forget that all of that carbon you find in oil came from the atmosphere to begin with. If the earth was okay before this CO2 became oil, it will be okay if the oil becomes CO2.

But if all that carbon DOES become co2 again, we wouldn't have to worry about much, we would be dead long before all of it became co2 again!

Why Can't the Mainstream Press Get Even Basic Facts Right?

Only about 0.03 percent of the Earth's atmosphere consists of carbon dioxide (nitrogen, oxygen, and argon constitute about 78 percent, 20 percent, and 0.93 percent of the atmosphere, respectively)

So, currently CO2 makes up only about .03 percent of our atmosphere.

So, what percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere is "deadly" to humans?

Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide

At concentrations of from 2,500 ppm to 5,000 ppm carbon dioxide can cause headaches. At extremely high levels of 100,000 ppm (10 percent) people lose consciousness in ten minutes, and at 200,000 ppm (20 percent) CO2 causes partial or complete closure of the glottis.

And what were the levels of CO2 millions of years ago?

Evolution of Earth's atmosphere

Earliest atmosphere

The outgassings of the Earth were stripped away by solar wind early in the history of the planet until a steady state was established, the first atmosphere. Based on today's volcanic evidence, this atmosphere would have contained 80% water vapor, 10% carbon dioxide, 5 to 7% hydrogen sulfide, and smaller amounts of nitrogen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen, methane and inert gases.

So I guess if all the carbon was released back into our atmosphere as CO2 we'd all lose conciousness and die.

So, the Earth might still be Okay, life on Earth wouldn't be!

[edit on 9/18/2009 by Keyhole]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join