It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary discovery means world may not run out of crude

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Now Prescott Bush gets to keep his oil monopoly and the rothchilds and bilderbergs dance a sing and every year they have get togethers at jekel Island and the Grove so they can pat themselves on the back and laugh at us.....

Man learning about the FTT thing just blew my mind... This is OLD technology...

I think that is enough to convince me to go all solar.... forget the system... I am gonna opt out and see what I can do about making my own juice!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Star and flag... excellent find! this is very interesting! Surely this discovery is very bad news for oil rich countries such as Iran etc?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

Indeed it could be. However did you read the post of titorite? You should go back because apparently we have had this tech for a while now. It is wild man simply wild. And thank you for the star and flag.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

ashnomadonte
I have to apologize for not recognizing earlier - a really good find
Better late than never - S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Eye On War

Indeed it could be. However did you read the post of titorite? You should go back because apparently we have had this tech for a while now. It is wild man simply wild. And thank you for the star and flag.

I just read his post then, about the Nazi's and 100,000 barrels a day to drive the nazi war machine! I truely find it incredible the deception that is being used on a mass scale!

From the 9/11 inside job cover up to this false illusion about a limited supply of oil, and many more scams in between the rich men of the earth certainly must be amazed themselves that they are able to get away with what they do!

It's like the wizard of Oz, but I think with the explosion of knowledge and communication through the internet the curtain is going to be pulled back and humanity is going to realise that we are being duped by a tiny majority of totally corrupt scum.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Non issue in fact you get extra happy face ^_^. Lol any way I hope something comes from this tech other than misdirection and lies you know.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
In my opinion.. I see three problems with this.
(And yes, Ido share everyones excitement in here, I just dont like getting my hopes up)

1. "Kutcherov had recently proven that hydrocarbons can be created out of water, calcium carbonate and iron, and this means that crude oil is a sustainable, renewable resource, according to reports. However, this discovery does not mean that emissions from the combustion of hydrocarbons do not create climate change. " -from article.

Thy climate nuts are going to freak. People wont want to invest money the country doesnt have on renewables when what we have now works fine, especially with so much stock on hand.

2. "While Kucherov's experiments have been proven in the laboratory, they have yet to be translated into reality, and there is no word on how long the world might have to wait to take advantage of the new discoveries. "-from article

No real world application yet as far as the theory. I cant put all my eggs in one basket. To top it off, if it is applicable, I dont see them utilizing it for sometime, unless this "discovery" was discovered for a reason;such as weakening a enemy country economically in order to 'invade".

3. The govt doesnt like us, why would they help us?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So basically its monoculture and using food to fuel cars, so the fat-assed people can drive around the block for cigarettes?

No thanks.
I prefer to feed people with plants instead of cars.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
:S is sickening they wage war to control the natural crude oil reserves, but they need not since it can be made on tap.

Not to mention an article on here a while ago about the bacteria that could make crude? was a theory the bacteria in the ground made the crude oil from burried matter etc. Tat one got burried in the pages of history, same will happen with this recent breakthrough (would call it a backtrack more like, given the process has been around since ww2).

At least we all know that even if the USA does go bankrupt, it can still keep its war machine oiled! Probly will work out better if they go bankrupt, millions of un-employed and hungry people willing to join the Army/Navy/Airforce to get fed!! WW3 is gonna be a long and drawn out slaughter, not the two second nuclear light show many predict.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Great find OP

Supposedly the Russians have known this and have been developing the deep-drilling technology for decades already.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
People are jumping up and down saying that this has been an ongoing 'dirty little secret' of the global oil regime.

Sorry, but it's not.

The commercial synthesis of oil - as well as the 'Abitotic Oil' theory (or deep oil as it is referred to), have been around for the best part of a century! They have not been kept secret. The reason they take a backstage to typical oil production is because of the EROEI (Energy Returned On Energy Invested) ratio.

Simply put, the EROEI is the ratio of energy expended to the amount of enegy netted. In the early days, Sweet Lite Crude from Texas had an EROEI approaching 1:100 - ie it only required the energy equivalent of one barrel of oil to extract one hundred barrels!

Large-scale synthesis gets nowhere near that: around 1:4!!!

There's no dirty secret involved in this - it's purely a matter of economics.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

ya i agree i dont think if this is legit, they will just cover it up and do whatever is best for the oil companies

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't want to derail the thread, but do want to add my 2 cents. As most are already aware, this is old news as the technology has existed for over half a century. This is only news to the masses as the oil companies have known this forever.

What is also largely unknown by the masses are the technological advances that make 100+ MPG cars possible. There have been so many fuels saving technologies invented, purchased by big oil and supressed that it would make your head spin.

We have been enslaved by corporate greed since the dawn of the industrial revolution. The only way to once again become truly free and share in the vast resources the Earth has to offer and benefit from the technologies of intelligent people is to give rise to a new revolution. Let it go down in histroy as the "FREEDOM REVOLUTION"!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

1. "Kutcherov had recently proven that hydrocarbons can be created out of water, calcium carbonate and iron, and this means that crude oil is a sustainable, renewable resource, according to reports. However, this discovery does not mean that emissions from the combustion of hydrocarbons do not create climate change. " -from article.

Ummm... Does that mean if I have a ready source of scrap iron, lime, and a well- AND can find plans for this machine- I can MAKE MY OWN OIL?! On top of that, if I have the knowledge to make my own cracking station- possibly gasoline. Boy..... every ABC in the govt would come down and wallop me....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of consolidating companies, but I thought it would have been an interesting gambit to foist GM or Chrysler onto one of the big oil companies.

Couple that with some proper dangling carrot tax incentives (i.e. If they produce a quality 100 mpg car for under $25k, they become a tax exempt company until 100% renewable car comes along), and you would see some real changes in how they treat their information.

As is, the government refuses to incentivize progress in America. Democrats want to give the People tax credits to encourage them to buy the few over-priced half-assed technologies that corporations have alllowed on the market. Meanwhile the Republicans want to cut taxes on the corporations, pretending that the money would actually go to R&D rather thane executive bonuses and bottom line padding.

If the government simply put out a genuinen results-driven incentive program with substantial financial rewards, we would see a second renaissance in the areas of technology.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Calm down, bro, the nazis made there syngas from coal during WWII.

nazi syngas tech

Coal gasification

It's a well known technology, but it is energy intensive and only viable when oil is at a certain price point.

Also, since it's based on COAL, it is not renewable. It's not "free gas forever".

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Did anybody actually read the article?

They're not saying that they found a way to make oil. They only found out that the process in which oil is created is faster and simpler than we thought. This in turn means that the oil might not run out, because it's continuously produced by the earth.

They're also saying that they can now predict where to find oil because they know how and where it's created.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Your right! Well... except that the politicians rely on the corporations for their election funds. Sooooo... ideally it would work. In reality... NEVER!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Kozmo and Mckyle among others are right. This is nothing new, the idea has been around for a long time but it is not economically viable. The big Oil companies are simply going to suck the world dry from natural oil and then retreat back to America, Lock it down, create all the synthesised oil they can and sit and laugh whilst the rest of the World has to come to them to survive.

It is really just a very sick and twisted load of common sense for them to do this!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Methane is a resource produced daily by decaying biomass. There are some that look at it a harmful green house gas in addition to carbon dioxide. I am not afraid of it, but look at as a resource to be tapped.

I look at things as simply as possible. If I were to set up a solar array and a windmill system, I would be faced with batteries. Batteries are expensive and wear out. If I were to use solar and wind to capture methane out of the air and store it, I could then use the stored methane to heat my house, power a generator when necessary. I would then try to set up a system to create diesel from the methane. It's already done. In addition I would set methane recovery from septic tanks and animal waste. I live on a farm and see this as possible and perhaps necessary.

There was a posting on this forum about someone who had developed a method of converting carbon dioxide into fuel. I also learned the carbon dioxide might be used to produce carbon fibers. I would hope that the federal government realizes that cap and trade is silly because other governments on earth won't do that. We will have a silly system enforced by silly people. What if you take nuclear materials and build reactors, lots of them, and capture carbon dioxide. Wouldn't this do what you want directly, take carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere? You could then make fuel, or carbon fiber. Take the carbon fiber and make cars or roads or building materials. What better way to store carbon other than growing trees?

If you live in urban areas the city governments should be recovering methane from human septic waste and garbage.

If you want to immediately start affecting CO2, build nuclear and start removing it from the atmosphere in mass quantities.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by A52FWY]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join