It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary discovery means world may not run out of crude

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Revolutionary discovery means world may not run out of crude

www.digitaljournal.com

A team of scientists based at the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden have made a "revolutionary" discovery about how hydrocarbon is formed, learning that animal and plant fossils are not necessary to form crude oil.
The discovery, the scientists say, means that the world will never run out of crude oil. Currently, theory states that crude oil is formed very slowly - over millions of years - from the remains of dead plants and animals. Buried under rock, over time the pressure and temperature of natural earth processes results in the creation of crude oil. But that theory is now old ne
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Can you imagine!?! I wonder if big oil will stifle this. Could this mean lower gas if you can just produce the oil from whatever.

The idea of endless oil might be a bane to environmentalists and high-stakes oil production fields, such as Canada's oil sands, but most of the world's population will thrill to the idea that they will not have to give up their beloved automobiles.

I for one was not looking forward to having to bike to work

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think they'll hush it up or alternate the story so that oil companies don't lose money. They said no to solar power, they said no geothermal, they said no to at least 60 other renewable sources of energy. This won't be any different.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet the process is very costly and requires a lot of energy to produce. It's like the Segway guy who invented a machine which can separate and clean water from any liquid. It works great, but the machine costs $200000 to make.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I/We can only hope that if they do that they will use this tech and refine it to a point that it is an easy process.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
I'm willing to bet the process is very costly and requires a lot of energy to produce. It's like the Segway guy who invented a machine which can separate and clean water from any liquid. It works great, but the machine costs $200000 to make.

Yeah, I remember that lol and like I said before I hope they refine the process to a point that it can be an every day thing can you imagine a fuel pump that makes the fuel. While you pump that would be wicked awesome.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
"The Fischer–Tropsch process (or Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis) is a catalyzed chemical reaction in which synthesis gas, a mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen, is converted into liquid hydrocarbons of various forms. The most common catalysts are based on iron and cobalt, although nickel and ruthenium have also been used. The principal purpose of this process is to produce a synthetic petroleum substitute, typically from coal, natural gas or biomass, for use as synthetic lubrication oil or as synthetic fuel. This synthetic fuel runs trucks, cars, and some aircraft engines. (Refer to Sasol.) The use of diesel is increasing in recent years."
en.wikipedia.org...

This means we will never run out of oil anyway.
We can make oil for about $60 a barrel from trash, sewage, coal, any organic waste, even many toxic wastes (these pollute ground water across the US so why not make fuel instead of burying them and fix two problems.)

That is why the environmentalist are pushing global warming because they know we will never run out of oil and they don't want us to keep using oil.

They will find ways to block the use of oil anyway they can. Even with lies.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is not necessarliy new news. I like to read over on bobistheoilguy.com, oil engineers forum, but open to the public as well. About 2 years ago, thier was a thread, about a new theory, that oils was Abiotic...meaning its kinda like, earth blood, rather than made of the land before time. So, when humans extract oil form a well, thiers a good chance the oil will replace itself in that well, over millions of years.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Thank you for bringing this tasty morsel of knowledge to me!
Can you say Mr. Fission? Lol it’s like back to the future. When do I get a flying delorean?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ahh good, maybe now they can end the Iraq/Afghan wars now since they don't need their oil anymore

Interesting read, i followed one of the links in the article to here

A team of scientists in Washington DC believe that the solution to oil shortages, for jet planes at least, may be seawater.

Chemists working for the US Navy have managed to process seawater into "unsaturated short-chain hydrocarbons”, which, reports New Scientist, could be refined to make kerosene-based jet fuel.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I could be wrong, but I believe the science is saying they will now be able to find the locations where they suspect the upper mantle is putting the oil into fissures or such. They are suggesting that the earth is continuing to produce the oil in deep mantle areas, where there is sufficient pressure on the water, calcium carbonate, and iron.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i'm truly disgusted nobody has mentioned the polution factor yet. leave it in the ground, we don't need it!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'll have to say using our rubbish as fuel is a great idea. Far better than burying this crap in the ground and letting it contaminate our water supply. At least trees and vegetation like our exhaust, that is, from what I understand. Burning oil does become a problem, however, if our planet is deforested. Smog anyone?

We can use multiple sources of energy but I like electricity the best. Electric vehicles, electric motors, recyclable batteries. With electric cars, the energy can come from multiple sources, solar, wind, petrol or diesel motors, biodiesel motors, from the air, from the earth, from larger battery stores.

Electric cars already do exist that are quite ample for normal daily use, and can travel a fair distance on a single charge. I'm not talking about the silly Chevy Volt.

We have plenty of energy sources, there is no reason the average person should not be able to afford it.

Troy

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

I agree we should ween ourselves of the stuff sooner than later. This would only postpone it for another 50 years. Nothing like desperation to entice us to move to other forms of energy

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

We can use multiple sources of energy but I like electricity the best. Electric vehicles, electric motors, recyclable batteries. With electric cars, the energy can come from multiple sources, solar, wind, petrol or diesel motors, biodiesel motors, from the air, from the earth, from larger battery stores. Electric cars already do exist that are quite ample for normal daily use, and can travel a fair distance on a single charge. I'm not talking about the silly Chevy Volt.

Only problem I see is electric car companies don't provide you with a variable option charger its always plug it in to the utility power. It would take days with solar or wind and thats the downfall. Mind you I'm liking the fuel cell option best but it has some problems. But we should keep trying rather than fossil fuel.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Did you guys read the full article? This process in its fledgling form FUELED the nazi war machine!

They produced over 100,000 barrels of fuel a day at its high point.

ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND BARRELS A DAY!

Do you get the meaning of this?

They knew! They always knew! The wars for oil the Afgan pipeline is all for Bull! The war for oil is not about oil but retaining the status quo and social control.

We have been played. Our PARENTS have been played... For over 60 years we have been being played like a fiddle. Endless fuel is available but not used because that would take away from this profit margin...

This is part of the biggest conspiracy of all.... Keeping us all dependent on their resource... a presumably limited resource that as it turns out IS NOT LIMITED.

Granted their are better forms of makeing energy but this one that was running out was a LIE!

How do we resist that?

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN The ability to make endless oil has existed since WW2!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Wow since ww2? it makes you wonder if that is why big oil was not so freaked out by the prospect of the worlds oil disappearing. I mean if I thought for one second that my main source of income was about to disappear I would do more than raise the price per barrel which they did.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Indeed but it was all a scam. A scam generations old. The reason they raised the oil prices was to maintain the illusion and make more money while doing it.

If this process was put back into production like the evil Nazis did then oil would drop in price to pennies for a barrel. The would lose all their money and control.

In their shows I imagine you would do all in your power to control this idea as well as other ideas like the afore mentioned solar and wind and geothermal.

WE ARE SLAVES OF EVIL MEN. Slaves to a fuel source that is not limited as we are lead to believe. I mean ... I USE GAS! I live in a rural area. I can either take a days walk to town or a half hour drive... Coal provides the electricity for our homes... Many around here heat with propane... All petrol sources that are not limited like we are lead to believe. But those in control of the industry are just choosing not to implement it... And no other brave souls are coming forward to challenge their monopoly... Most likely because it would paint a target on their head... If they are willing to wage wars to maintain the illusion then they would darn sure murder a single uppity individual that challenged their monopoly.

FUDGE MAN!!!!

100,000 barrels a day.....

How do we fight that? Their control of this process and our main fuel source..... Arg......

Well just incase anyone is interested in trying to be part of the solution you can build a solar generator for less than 300$ US...

Here is the link that explains how.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Great find

This would mean a lot of things, fuel prices should drop and that means that we

will burn more CO2... sorry for sounding like a noob but I was kind of hoping

that we would run out of crude so we can come up with more advanced and

greener energy sources. I guess that technology is goign to start slowing down.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Thanks for that titorite

Further info for the readers

More than 92 percent of Germany's aviation gasoline and half its total petroleum during World War II had come from synthetic fuel plants. At its peak in early 1944, the German synfuels effort produced more than 124,000 barrels per day from 25 plants

and then came this....

In February 1945, one month after Allied forces turned back the Hitler's troops at the Battle of the Bulge, German production of synthetic aviation gasoline amounted to just a thousand tons – one half of one percent of the level of the first four months of 1944

then guess what..

None was to be produced afterwards

Now what Batman!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join