It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google runs crop circle logo in Pacific region countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Google runs crop circle logo in Pacific region countries

www.examiner.com

Google has put up a special “crop circle” logo in some Pacific region countries. Google Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, and Australia all have up the special logo today, September 15th, which features a UFO hovering over a field with the Google logo spelled out.

Each country that Google used the special logo had it linked to a search for that country's word for “crop circle”. In Japan, the link went to a search for “mystery circles.” However, not all Pacific countries are using the logo. Google Vietnam, Singapore, and Philippines, for instance, just had up their standard front pag
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

[mod edit: fixed long source link]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 21/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Google logos keep getting weirder and weirder. Only 10 days after the UFO Google logo, they have designed one with crop circles. I believe this is probably no more than just some kind of publicity for something. What I don't know, however, I don't they would allow Google to be the ones to disclose information.

This time the "L" is missing.
www.examiner.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
yeah i wonder what they are up to...they usually dont do logos like that unless its a holiday, a day something was invented, an event going on that day...cool nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I seen that today (here on the Australian Google page) I assumed it was an anniversary of when Crop Circles started, but when looking couldn’t find anything to back that up.

No idea why they have done it, and why only in the Asia Pacific Region?

Mikey

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I can also see it, I wonder what the significance is. It links to a search for "crop circles" and the filename is "goog_e.gif" Odd.

edit to add: I see all of this is mentioned in the article. However, I suggest that the reason it was only in "some pacific region countries" is because of the date-time line, and the countries it was not included in possibly are restrictive of such content.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Highground]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yeah seen it earlier here in Britain too. So it's not just confined to the pacific nations.

Wonder what all the recent UFO logos on Google are about.

Another thread about this here

[edit on 15-9-2009 by windowlicker80]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by windowlicker80]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
On their twitter, they have coordinates posted:

51.327629, -0.5616088

source

These are coordinates to 1-7 Woodham Rd, Woking, Surrey GU21 4, UK, according to Google Maps.

Woking was the site of HG Wells' War of the Worlds Martian landing site.

Again, weird.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Google's on twitter. On Sep 4th when they had the UFO abducting the O in Google, they twittered this message: (Note: Sep 4th was when the twitter was posted. The logo may have been up on the 5th I'm hearing.)

1.12.12 25.15.21.18 15 1.18.5 2.5.12.15.14.7 20.15 21.19

That translates to:

ALL YOUR O ARE BELONG TO US

Two hours ago they twittered this which are apparently coordinates:

51.327629, -0.5616088

Here's their twitter page:

twitter.com...

Edit: Highground beat me to it.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You guys gotta realize the fellas putting up these doodles are probably regulars here. And they are some snappy folks.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
on 9/9/09 they had a 9/9/9 below the G and a 9:09 below the E in google's main page. It was taken off shortly after and reverted back to standard google image.

I thought that was really weird. Is google on to something?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Google feeds the hand,... that feeds them.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Google's Twitter
51.327629, -0.5616088 twitpic.com...

From what I've read the coordinates for the crop circle logo correspond with a UFO sighting in England.

www.ufoevidence.org...

David and Susan McMurray were driving home across Bagshot Heath, Surrey, to Famborough, Hampshire, with their two children when they encountered a "huge saucer-like craft about 50ft. long with brilliant lights coming from portholes around the centre. Then it suddenly took off." When a second craft began to tail the family's car David stopped, got out and went to investigate. But it too, took off.

The blog Mashable has been covering this for a while.

The main thing that confuses me about this is that there have been 2 ufo related logos this month. I'm sure it is most likely about a product they are going to release soon. Google Wave maybe.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by antithesis.]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Now I have no idea about whats going on with Google now. The coordinates are very interesting.

They probably are regulars to ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

it was on at 9:09 for a minute

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Highground

H.G. Wells birthday is Sept.21st
2nd line

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's always odd seeing Google change the layout and look of the logo on the home page. This UFO looks more "out there" than others I've seen before. Maybe it's just in my mind and is an innocent reference to UFOs.

Could this be a message from ETs?
Could it be a message from TPTB?
Could it just be a coincidence?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
How about they're just giving us something to talk about so they can monitor the responses...? A PsyOp of sorts.
After all, they own just about the entire telecommunication system now.
It's probably just a test and we're reacting exactly how they expected and wanted.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
How about they're just giving us something to talk about so they can monitor the responses...? A PsyOp of sorts.

That is a good point, they are probably paying a lot of attention to the social media blogs and such.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its funny as soon as I saw the logo on the net I knew it would be discussed here, to be honest I expected questiongal linking this to a solar flare
she must be writing her own thread as we speak.

I agree with previous posters is done by hardcore geeks who probably roam these very halls

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its already here on the eastern seaboard.. Pretty disturbing

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join