It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Employed Photo Artists to Airbrush Lunar Anomolies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Zorgon, as always, you provide fascinating links... and I'll follow up in a few days when a paying contract, and out-of-town guests, have all been wrapped up.

Fair enough, there is no rush....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
reply to post by fleabit

If they destroy the photos then people will start asking why they destroyed them.

They are in control of all the photos. The equipment, the mission, everything. If they took 150,000 photos, and tell the public they took 100,000, how would you every know otherwise? It makes no sense whatsoever that they would airbrush anything. If they didn't want you to see a photo, you would never even know it ever existed.

Does anyone use common sense anymore? You are an organization which has hundreds of millions in funds. You have the best equipment, and the most intelligent, trained, professional experts in the world. And yet they are too stupid to just lie about the # of photos, and hold out the ones with anomalies?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here comes zorgon to save the day! The first image I have with the "what the...?" on it came from the video you posted. Anybody with good eyesight can see somekind of image tampering wether it be editing or airbrushing or both something looks weird.

The two pictures of a building on earth is just an example of what I think NASA does to the images.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit And yet they are too stupid to just lie about the # of photos, and hold out the ones with anomalies?

Say what?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Has any NASA spokesperson ever responded to to queries about these airbrushed Moon photographs?

No it's 'policy' not to discuss anomalies... that way they don't lie

In fact has the question ever been put to them?

Yes...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by fleabit And yet they are too stupid to just lie about the # of photos, and hold out the ones with anomalies?

Say what?

That photo looks familiar.. but I can't place it...is that where they lost the Mars orbiter and polar lander because someone used the metric system? www.cnn.com...

From what I read a lot of browser anomalies disappear just by using the 2.0 browser instead of the 1.5 version (anomalies that were in the browser but never in the original images).

Fleabit, I agree they could just not publish certain photos but if they had 9 photos in a tic-tac-toe like grid pattern, and only released the outer 8, because the center image was missing, I'm sure that would raise questions about the center image. But in any case i agree with you that I've never seen any evidence NASA airbrushed anything, that didn't turn out to be some kind of scam.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You have to ask yourself what can someone gain from scamming nasa with airbrushed photos... nothing.

If nasa always released raw images we would have a feild day in this forum.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Here comes zorgon to save the day! The first image I have with the "what the...?" on it came from the video you posted.

Just curious... did you read the post I linked to?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes I read the post but Im not sure if your pro-nasa or anti-nasa I'm just trying to bring some light to this conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yes I read the post but Im not sure if your pro-nasa or anti-nasa I'm just trying to bring some light to this conspiracy.

I can clear that up...

I am Anti NASA cover up
I am anti NASA spending their limited funding on a religious University (Wheeling Jesuit last grant 11 million) when they charge me 110.00 for a photograph

Yet some departments at NASA give me more info than can get anywhere, you just have to know what to ask and who to ask...

But I am also anti BS merchants that lie to make a point. In the end it just confuses everything and we end up in a war between believers and die hard skeptics with nothing accomplished...

The images from Clementine have nothing to do with NASA and were releases around 1996 in the low grade data set... the image tampering in this case may have been a result of algorithms that block out things and it can be argues that the 'cleaned up' later versions for release...

But using those as an example of NASA air brushing is stupid because everyone knows they were Clementine images and that ship didn't even fly until 1994, so how could these whistle blowers have seen these images in Langley in the late 60's and early 70's?

It goes to credibility but I am willing to bet if you showed those images to Wolf and Carl they would say those are not what we saw... because if they did they would be liers

Wolf has so many holes in his story that Swiss cheese looks solid. If that is what we accept as 'truth' I might as well go back to my Medieval life stlye...

I really miss that Crown and the Dancing Girls.... thank the gods that Western War is coming soon

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Arbitrageur

You have to ask yourself what can someone gain from scamming nasa with airbrushed photos... nothing.

I did ask myself that question. In the case of this scam:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdb2b53b84c9.png[/atsimg]

Which doesn't look anything like airbrushing, what you had to gain from this scam is 6 flags and 9 stars.

Moreover the source you linked to has some hits on their website to gain, with the hope that some visitors will use the following links:

(From OP link site)

Copies are available now at Amazon - please use the links below to order.

If you know anything about internet commerce you will realize what they have to gain is money.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If there really were UFO's or bases on the Moon, then NASA would be forced to airbrush them out. Years of pictures showing nothing out of the ordinary would need to be maintained.

A big conspiracy of denial must be maintained at any cost. The money going to NASA for "space exploration" funds many other black projects.

So you see, you see just what they want you to see, not necessarily what is really there.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

reply to post by fleabit

If they destroy the photos then people will start asking why they destroyed them.

They are in control of all the photos. The equipment, the mission, everything. If they took 150,000 photos, and tell the public they took 100,000, how would you every know otherwise? It makes no sense whatsoever that they would airbrush anything. If they didn't want you to see a photo, you would never even know it ever existed.

Does anyone use common sense anymore? You are an organization which has hundreds of millions in funds. You have the best equipment, and the most intelligent, trained, professional experts in the world. And yet they are too stupid to just lie about the # of photos, and hold out the ones with anomalies?

I have my own puzzling question albeit a bit of a side issue. Seeing how just about every post you make is telling someone they are full of crap what exactly is it you get out of being on ATS anyway? I can't seem to find a single subject you "agree" with. I know there's some hard core skeptics out there but surely there has to be at least one conspiracy subject you find some credibility in?

What you're calling common sense is basically your own opinion without any backing evidence. You're theorizing they would just trash any photos with anomalies in them when it's clear those missing photos would be noticed. Do you really think they would want to blame "faulty equipment" and take on the damage such an admission would bring?

I don't know about this ladies stories as far as her own credibility is concerned but the overall subject of NASA air bushing of photos has been raised by multiple sources, it's not like she's the only one out there. At least one former astronaut has discussed this issue and the most recent reminder of it came from the Gary McKinnon (sp) hacking incidents in which he claims he saw file structures on a Houston server which indicated pre and post editing of photos. If I recall he was able to look at some of the pre and post specimens and claimed objects were "photo shopped" out in the post photos.

Granted it's not proof since as far as we know he was not able to obtain examples (due to a very low bandwidth VNC connection according to him) though I don't see why he still couldn't take a local screenshot even if it was low bitrate grayscale. Then again, Gary was willing to play it pretty calm in his efforts to avoid US prison time so there's no telling what evidence he might have actually kept and used for his own purposes.

The point is there are quite a few credible people who claim that parts of NASA engage in cover ups as well as a few who might not be as credible. Where there's smoke there's fire, IMO and there are some excellent researchers who have more than proven there's something of interest there (Zorgon, for example).

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think its funny how some people think nasa releases raw images to the public. Even the mars rovers have all kinds of color filters mounted on them.

Anyway I found a cool site you should check out if your in any doubt, seems like the site owner knows what theyre talking about....

Why Is NASA Editing These Images?

These "raw" images are in fact being edited with simple graphics software

NOTE: Some of these images have been removed from the NASA site

Throughout all of this research, I have relied on the implied status of the "raw" images posted on the NASA/JPL site. Everyone is told that these images are received, looked over, and posted. This is contrary to the fact- these images are clearly being edited. These very recent images are blatantly chopped and altered and this raises the question "why". I am not advocating a conspiracy standpoint, but this will raise a lot of questions with people who do.

According to the official NASA/JPL rover site, these are "raw" images- implying that they are not edited, altered, or processed beyond those steps necessary to make them visible and usable to any and all comers. These particular images are definitely not raw- they are in fact "cooked". Here are the images in question.

I began with this set of images to assemble the color views for publication on my web site. As soon as I had overlaid the first two frames, it was clear that something was not right.

source

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by John Nada
Has any NASA spokesperson ever responded to to queries about these airbrushed Moon photographs?

No it's 'policy' not to discuss anomalies... that way they don't lie

Actually I've seen cases where they do answer inquiries, but their answer letter is covered up by the UFO buffs who received it.

I suppose I ought to go FOIA all the letters they have sent out in recent years, and post them somewhere so everybody can see the answers, and who is sitting on them.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
At least one former astronaut has discussed this issue ...

Of NASA altering space photographs? Do tell, please, who you mean?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Do you know what happens to NASA employes who tell secrets? They get FIRED. That's probably why this woman waited untill she left nasa to speak out.

Can you give us an example -- one that somebody else can check?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

I think its funny how some people think nasa releases raw images to the public. Even the mars rovers have all kinds of color filters mounted on them.

The USA spends billions on war, and everyone (for the most part, lets be fair) nods their head and say "watchagona do?"..

The USA spends millions on NASA, and everyone questions why they are spending so much money on probes and satellites.

Of course NASA has to make awesome, beautiful, mind blowing, atractive pictures to sell or give to the public and press... They actually have to impress and justify every penny they spend on the space program!

People can't even imagine the advances in health care that we would have if people stopped being so idiotic about NASA(and ESA for that matter) and how they spend money.

It's not coincidence that next in this board there is a thread about a MIT photograph that was made on tight budjet... THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO SPEND MONEY WITH SPACE... NASA has the same problem.

People ask "we went to the Moon! How can't we go to Mars now?"... Well, first of all, because NASA while making simulations in deserts to study human life (long duration missions) on Mars had to use DUCKTAPE in the suits because of the money available to that mission...

Now how can someone wonder why NASA tries to manipulate their photos to make people go "Uau" still amazes me.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Actually I've seen cases where they do answer inquiries, but their answer letter is covered up by the UFO buffs who received it.

...Then you wouldn't mind posting some examples of cases where an answer letter is covered up by the UFO buff who received it.

Maybe somebody will make a thread out of any good ones you post.

==

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join