It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyper-Posting, Im guilty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Reading the OP's ,getting worked up over the headline, wham throw down a post with thoughts without taking time to really think about or carefully read.

I know that this generally refers to newbies like me. The pressure to get more stars for a quib post. In a hurry between lunch breaks or the kids.I know because I have not one applause yet after almost 500 post's.

Our emotions are flying high here . Easy to get caught up in the moment and only see what you want to.

I type this in hopes that it helps me and others to be a more productive part of the "collective".

mod , wasent sure where to put this post , move is needed.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

I type this in hopes that it helps me and others to be a more productive part of the "collective".

mod , wasent sure where to put this post , move is needed.

Um maybe to BTS Rant section if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I repeat my words often. That that is a big problem for me. I always have to go back and edit for my lack of attention to detail.

Sometimes it's hard for me to know when to let go. When should you move on from one thread to another?

I like to say that all that silly s&f stuff doesn't matter, but I want to be 'loved' too.

I was going to post the greatest thread tonight and it got ate up by my browser. I though I knew better. Made me give up being thoughtful for the night....so what is left? HPS. HyperPost Syndrome.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
GUILTY

sent: 14-9-2009 at 01:58
This is an automatic U2U message following the warning applied from a member of our staff, Jbird, regarding your off-topic post here:,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(Your post has been removed.)

We seek to promote discussion and debate in way that pushes the discussion in a positive way. Your post was so far off-topic, after our staff has announced that discussion must remain on-topic, that we had no choice but to remove it.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.
The staff and members of AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, and AbovePolitics.com

(Reply to this U2U for more information from Jbird.)

rom: mrwupy
sent: 13-9-2009 at 23:11
This is an automatic U2U message following the warning applied from a member of our staff, mrwupy, regarding your inappropriate activity here:,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(Your post has been removed.)

We seek to promote discussion and debate in a civilized environment where decorum rules the day, your post does not meet such a goal. A penalty of 1,000 points has been applied to you account. Please take care in the future to better moderate your rhetoric in our discussions. Repeated observances of this type of behavior from you, may result in the termination of your account without warning or recourse.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.
The staff and members of AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, and AbovePolitics.com

(Reply to this U2U for more information from mrwupy.)

muggl3z just added you as a respected foe... myATS 13-9-2009 @ 18:04 Y del save

I'm taking an ATS vacation from posting

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think I easily scored a thousand stars before I ever got my first flag. And there are days I'll post the most shocking News Item, or insightful commentary, only to have it disappear from the front-page before anyone even sees it. It seems like you have one post out of a 100 unread ones that ever get Starred and Flagged, and oftentimes it's the Thread you're most ashamed of.

Never mind those many times we've all posted prematurely from reading just the headline and maybe the OP Post only to discover that what you posted was said already dozens of times by dozens of other posters across 13 pages of posts in the thread...or that you came to the game late and didn't notice that on Page 8 the whole OP had been debunked...making yourself look doubly idiotic for supporting the OP.

But don't sweat it too much. It's just a Forum.

Those who may take your innocent mistakes personal or too seriously, especially after you apologize, aren't worth worrying about it. The rest of us have probably been there before and aren't going to hold it against you.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Never mind those many times we've all posted prematurely from reading just the headline and maybe the OP Post only to discover that what you posted was said already dozens of times by dozens of other posters across 13 pages of posts in the thread..

yeah and then some really helpful person tells you, 'why don't you do a search first, idiot.'

I think this really might be some sort of mental issue though. (grasping)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You know a foot in the mouth is better than two in the ass.

Wait what was I talking about?

Oh yeah OCD and my other quirks.

Obama=Bush Dem=Repub Kill the Fed
Largest protest in American History at DC and their really were only 5 protestors their, its just that we had all the cameras off that we cannot prove it.

edit because I had to post fasttteerrrrr

[edit on 9/14/2009 by endisnighe]

new topics

top topics

join