It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st trial over FEMA trailer fumes opens in La.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

1st trial over FEMA trailer fumes opens in La.

news.yahoo.com

NEW ORLEANS – For the first time since Hurricane Katrina left tens of thousands of families living in FEMA trailers, a federal jury heard allegations Monday that the government-issued shelters exposed Gulf Coast storm victims to hazardous formaldehyde fumes.

A New Orleans woman suing trailer maker Gulf Stream Coach Inc. and government contractor Fluor Enterprises Inc. claims her son's asthma was aggravated by elevated levels of formaldehyde in their trailer provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Gulf Stream's own tests found elevated levels of formaldehyde in its traile
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't completely understand the story. But from what I can tell FEMA wasn't treating the people properly. I'm surprised. It's been 5 years or so and those people still haven't gotten new homes yet? Why wasn't anything done to help them? I am sure the community of New Orleans should have gotten together and chipped in and rebuilding what they lost... why wasn't anything done? I'm surprised they're being ignored as much as they are.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ask Obama. He should be there in person instead of doing nothing about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'd love to know where the donated millions went.

Don't have numbers in front of me, but wasn't there something in the area of 10 million plus donated by people all over the world to help Katrina victims.

Where did that money go?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

You just cought a glimpse of the stereotypical negro that infests the south. Skincolor is only one defining feature however as there is just as many white trash families freeloading in those trailers.

I don't really know what message you're trying to convey here but if I'm reading it correctly you find this issue to be part of a broader "negro infestation." I didn't see anything in the article mentioning race but I like how you chose to offset your pretty blatant slur by condemning the hapless "whites" as well. Good thing nobody of any other color has been all lazy up in rotting trailers.

I give you a C for eloquence .

new topics

top topics

join