It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google's Crop Circle Logo - what's the point?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the L isn't missing, you see that little green truck? Well the tracks it leaves behind it are in fact the L.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

I don't reject it as Google's explanation, I reject it for the very fact that flying saucers and crop circles have absolutely nothing to do with H.G. Wells. Am I silly for seeing no correlation? Honestly, there are better ways to advertise the birthday of H.G. Wells - try something from one of his books...anything. Talk about a round-about way of celebrating the man's birthday. Meanwhile people all over the world now see crop circles every time they want to search something - Google's endeavors are actually achieving more than they bargained for (unless that was their intention all along).

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

i m agree with you, google staff are playing a little game, in google france nothing ... for the belivers The origin of crop circles remains a mystery: many believe that it is the sign of the presence of extra-terrestrial energy or traces left by some mysterious powers ...
This logo is the second in a series of three A Korean Blog Google explains that Doodle is the first in a series of three logos which will be revealed next September 15 and whose theme is the mystery, invisibility and fictional narratives. So, many informed commentators believe that it is a way of commemorating the birth of HG Wells (September 21, 1866), the famous author of science fiction but why in some country and not in france for exemple we have book and we read too
.After the Google O being kidnapped by a team of Martian malicious. Google has released a Tweet posting these coordinates: 51.327629, -0.5616088. By launching a search in Google Maps, we see that this corresponds to a village in England called Bagshot Heath (Surrey). In 1985, a family without history would have seen two flying saucers "long by 50 feet" with windows all around ...
Doodle with this, this time, the letter L is missing , for example, the image file name is this: goog_e.gif .

the story is well done evreybody talk about it , in france even on tv they talk about, but what the journalist has pointed is the ufo... and the journalist ask to google why this logo are available in some country and not on others, the google say it is the part of the mysteries... wait and see ...

[edit on 15-9-2009 by pitchdragon]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Are you kidding? Maybe you should look up H.G. Wells' work and see what titles he wrote (main example - war of the worlds)

I think as long as they keep to the H.G. Wells theme rather then just aliens then its fine - though they may be trying to be less obvious then just its H.G. Wells' birthday on Monday!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
^ That is exactly the point.

To the person who said H.G. Wells and UFOs have no correlation, then you obviously don't know the work of H.G. Wells at all. Read up on it a bit, and I'm sure you will change your opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If it was to do with H.G Wells' War of the worlds, would they not of used something more symbolic to the story?
Maybe like the tripods? Showing a UFO ad crop circles doesnt connect it to him AT ALL.
In fact there wasnt any crop circles in his story?

I thought id google the word "googe" the logo depicts.
It is ....

Googe is a sexual act originating in the Amazon rainforest. It is where the man wraps his legs around a womans face and googe's like a bad badger. It is now used as an exclamation of hornyness or used as a term instead of f**k, or also can be used as an expression deep hatred. Eg, I f*****g want to googe ya mam

Nothing to worry about,
those google geeks are just a lil bit horny for some ET Googe

[edit on 15-9-2009 by wazthewazzock]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh for heavens sake! Are you kidding me? It's GOOGLE! They probably put that up there because people are "googling" crop circles. Can you say search engine?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So, Google's at it again.

Is this some way to prepare people (educating them on the topic or for disclosure)?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I repeat, H.G. Wells, crops circles, and flying freakin saucers have no correlation whatsoever other than an extremely loose sci-fi relationship. I've read most of his books, and I do not recall one flying saucer nor a single crop circle anywhere. To remain true to his work, a plethora of other machines, ideas, creatures, characters, etc could be used.

Flying saucers appear nowhere in any of his works.

Crops circles appear nowhere in any of his works.

Here's an example perhaps you'll understand. Imagine Google celebrates Stephen King's birthday by putting a Dalmation dog in the logo on 2 separate occasions - they say, 'Well, he wrote Cujo, and Cujo was obviously a dog." King and Dalmations have no correlation whatsoever as the above silly example makes no sense (just like attempting to form a relationship between Wells and a crop circle).

I suppose what I'm saying here is that the whole thing is ridiculous and has done absolutely nothing for the memory of Wells. On the other hand it's done wonders for the 'crop circle connector' site.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

HG wells who wrote war of the worlds which is about ET invading earth. Flying saucers= ET visiting earth, Crop circles proposed by some to be made by? thats right ET visiting earth.

Co-ordinates on google twitter page for Woking where the aliens in war of the worlds first appear.

Perhaps HG wells is just another clue to the puzzle which we will find out later.

When is googles new operating system out? could be something to do with that.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenblaz
reply to post by Evasius

I found this site that sheds some light (not much)

Google Logos

Several have noted that "unexplained phenomenon" is one of the top trending search terms on Google today. Also in the top 10 search terms is the phrase "top 10 unexplained phenomena". To make things more interesting, Google posted an encrypted message on its Twitter account: 1.12.12 25.15.21.18 15 1.18.5 2.5.12.15.14.7 20.15 21.19 decrypted as "All your O are belong to us", a reference to the popular Internet meme"All your base are belong to us". The doodle’s URL is www.google.com... which suggests that there’s a missing "O".

Its amazing that this is in the top 10 search terms. People must be waking up inside and realizing the world may not be as simple as it seems.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonecantest
ANSWER: It's for HG Wells upcoming birthday on September 21st.

See www.GoogleUnexplainedPhenomenon.com... for the answers to all this.

I looked at the site and if its about promoting a new site, it may be Google Wave, even though its not exactly a mystery anymore considering their famous one hour video about it.

wave.google.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
reply to post by Nventual

I'm aware of the joke, and considering how many people use Google everyday, then yes it's a few small group who are in on the joke. That was my point above.

I disagree with you, lots and lots of people know that joke, it's possibly the most wel known joke in video gaming which is a multi billion dollar per year industry.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com... -circles-google-earth.html

And a nice disinformation video to go with it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It could be as simple as referencing "the end of crop circle season for the nothern hemisphere"....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I just find it funny how nobody just noticed how much publicity Google is making out of this joke.

Microsoft is launching sucessive attacks to Google and their domain, with bIng and other stuff...

...Google being associated with something "huge" or being part of something huge, is a great publicity stunt.

The names on people mouth are the same that they remember first when they need something.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The 'L' is missing.
Just for the record, the file name of the image is goog_e.gif. The first one was go_gle.gif, and the 'O' was missing

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

The reason there is no 'L' is because it's not a circle and UFO's can only make crop circles...

Seems like Google has won the Brainwashing War

Omnis Vestri Substructio Es Servus Ad Nobis

All your base are servant to us.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If I may interject, why the hell are we talking about advertisements for google in a ufo and alien forum anyway?

So if McDonald's or Burger King start advertising kids meals that offer a UFO toy with their meals, will that be a subject of topic here?

You are all doing exactly what they want you to do. Google it, google it, and google it again.

It's amazing how such a simple gesture can control some people. Give me a break.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by william.gauncents]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There is no point in being coarse. Everyone is naturally curious, I didn't think anything of it when I saw the change in the name but whats the big deal in looking into it, I am just glad it wasn't something related to Miley Cirus however it is important that we are more mindful of such things and not diverge our attention to something with meaningless value.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join