It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN scandal growing, third video made public

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

A view of the future for Acorn.

Shut them all down.
See more info here:
Big Government.com

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Republican Lawmakers Turn Up the Heat on ACORN

A growing number of Republican lawmakers are calling for congressional hearings and IRS audits of ACORN following the release of three videotapes showing employees at the community organization assisting a purported "pimp" and "prostitute" in obtaining housing.

Meanwhile, Jerry Schmetterer, director of public information for the Kings County District Attorney's Office, told FOXNews.com that officials will be "taking a look" into Brooklyn's ACORN office.

According to USASpending.gov, a federal government Web site for tracking government grants, ACORN Housing Corporation received $1.6 million to provide housing services to low-income communities in this fiscal year, ending Sept. 30. The Department of Housing and Urban Development Grants has given $8.2 million to ACORN between 2003 and 2006, as well as $1.6 million to ACORN affiliates.

I contacted my Senator's, Tom Coburn and Jim Inhofe, with a request to do just this. It's about damn time ACORN gets put into the spotlight and held accountable for the very bold illegal activities they've become known for.

Strip them of their non-profit status and make them pay back every federal dime they've ever received. That's just for starters. How they've managed to garner a favorable reputation is beyond me.

"What would they not do?" he asked of the ACORN workers. "Where would they reach a moral revulsion?"

That's my question too. I hope the Democratic majority is smart enough to get behind this. I won't hold my breath though.

story here

edited to add link to story

[edit on 9/14/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
That's my question too. I hope the Democratic majority is smart enough to get behind this. I won't hold my breath though.

Not a chance. Watch how fast this gets swept under the carpet. ACORN gets told to lay low for a while and the Dems hope that the people's attention gets focused someplace else. Remember alot of the Dems need to get re-elected in 2010. They need somebody to register Paul Newman and make sure that Ted Kennedy gets to the polls.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Yes, I know. Wishful thinking on my part. I just don't see how the Democrats can equate ACORN with righteousness, benevolence, community servants or any other warm and fuzzy words that come to mind and try to bill them that way to the American public.

It's really quite disgusting how they turn a blind eye to illegal activities in order to further their agenda.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Senate votes on Johanns amendment to cut off ACORN housing funds

michellemalkin.com...

Mike Johanns introduce his amendment on the Senate floor banning federal funds in the current transportation and housing appropriations bill from going to ACORN. Currently, ACORN is eligible to receive millions more in taxpayer funds through mortgage counseling, Community Development Block Grants, and the Neighborhood Stabilization Program — in addition to the tens of millions ACORN Housing Corp. has already received.

The final roll call vote – amendment passes 83-7.

[edit on 063030p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Obama's favorite people, community organizers show their true colors and contempt for the law.

If this was really happening and not just a sting, they would be conspiring to commit human trafficking.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

SA 2355. Mr. JOHANNS submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill H.R. 3288, making appropriations for the Departments of Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2010, and for other purposes; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:

After section 414, insert the following:

Sec. 4__. None of the funds made available under this Act may be directly or indirectly distributed to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN).t

However they have other names.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join