It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Black only event calls protesters racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
and it has had to occur to some, that the TPTB, would be actively encouraging racial division, to use for cover as they swindle the average people, and our treasury, out of money.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
We'd probably be getting somewhere if race was a total non-issue. Whenever people start writing articles and talking about racism it only stirs further hatred from the people being labeled "racist".

Either way, you can't control what people think, if they have an inkling of racial inequality then it's ridiculous charges of racism like this that make people stoke that fire.

I would have liked to think that we're passed this whole race issue but the people who "fight racism" would be out of a job and it's in their best interests to keep the hate going.

your right...the middle east has been doing this type of ethnic race-baiting for hundreds of years and it is still going strong. where is the next ghandhi going to show up?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Sadly, I think even Ghandi would be labeled a racist, or would be otherwise smeared, by the media from one end or the other.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well don't feel too bad they all call my son "light, bright damn near white" because he is so "yellow". I find it all tiresome and infuriating.

I can't help but believe that TPTB are using the Obama presidency as a grand opportunity to fan the flames of racism in the nation and the stupid media is playing right into their hands. I started a thread on it if you are interested.

Hope you don't mind me putting the link in.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/14/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Parents who love their kids, and raise them right, bring people into this world that can understand and laugh.

Heck, as mixed as I am, people are SHOCKED that I'm a conservative.

I just think it soooo damn funny/ironic/sad is all.

Liberals would judge ME by the colour of my skin, before asking what party affiliation I belong to.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
With my most shamed face I have to admit I was surprised that you are of mixed heritage as conservative as you are.

I think this highlights the difference between racism and prejudice. I am in no way a racist but even I carry prejudices like "conservatives are white". We live, and we learn and if we are of any real character we grow and see these flaws and correct them.

Funny, when my kids were little I really thought by the time they were adults their race wouldn't matter. Big mistake on my part and like you said, it is sad as hell.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Parents who love their kids, and raise them right, bring people into this world that can understand and laugh.

Heck, as mixed as I am, people are SHOCKED that I'm a conservative.

I just think it soooo damn funny/ironic/sad is all.

Liberals would judge ME by the colour of my skin, before asking what party affiliation I belong to.

mike...you are old school conservative, someone that can think, and can also use logic, rather than vitriol. even though i'm a democrat and i may disagree with you on certain issues, we both realize the importance of sticking together as americans to make this country better. and i wish our politicians would be doing the same.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Wimbly

It's funny how I never think of Obama's race when thinking about him, but am constantly reminded of race nearly every time I hear from a supporter.

yeah, and i suppose all the language being hurled at obama, has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with race...c'mon people weren't born yesterday, maybe you personally don't see race when you see obama, but there are plenty out there that do.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
yeah, and i suppose all the language being hurled at obama, has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with race..

I apologize if I have missed something but can you be specific? Which language and by whom would indicate anything racially motivated against Obama?

When I was a kid I saw and heard a lot about race, racism and plain stupidity from people. Call me crazy but during the last 30 years it has (for the most part) gone away. This Country has come a very long way in that time and it upsets me that people, mostly Democrats keep fanning the flames hoping to bring it all back.

Stop looking for something that isn't there like you think it is!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I must admit some sneakiness on my part. When discussing race/politics people always assume I am one thing or another.
It is an exercize in debate that I can convey my thoughts, my ideas, without using the amount of melanin in my skin as an article of said debate.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Cheers to that. As far as political ideologies are concerned, I am of the mind that most people are conservative. They just belong to different parties.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

c'mon people weren't born yesterday, maybe you personally don't see race when you see obama, but there are plenty out there that do.

What are you saying exactly? You could use that excuse with anyone! I could just dismiss criticisms of Bush, because there are plenty of people out there that don't like white people. Give me a break.

The fact is white people don't have some special tendency for racism. Its a flaw is some human beings. The sooner people realize that, the better off we'll all be.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So much malarkey I want to puke anymore.

Of course protesters are labeled racist.

Same as Bin Laden popped out of nowhere (miraculously) and kicked dirt in Obama's face. Bin Laden the terrorist doesn't support Obama.

So, by these accounts, we're either
A). an Obama supporter
B). a racist
C). a terrorist, domestic or sympathizer.
D). right-wing nutjobs

God, I don't even care anymore. But for as long as Obama follows in Bush's footsteps, I will never, ever support him, and they'll have to come up with a scare tactic better than B,C, or D to have me quaking in my shoes.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't know why more people don't see this.

Why is not supporting Obama considered racist? Because it's the only thing that will instantly bring silence.

Whether you are actually racist or don't have a racist bone in your body, not one person WANTS to be viewed as even slightly racist. It's one of those terrible labels that you can't talk yourself out of. There's really no way to prove you're not racist. If you go on a tangent about how many black friends you have....it makes matters worse. If you start bashing white people, and you're white, that definately means your racist -- because "you're trying too hard".

There is no way to prove you're not racist. Even if you volunteer at an all-black school, or raise money for a predominantly black cause (i.e. united negro college fund), if you go against Obamamania, people will still say you're a racist -- "deep in your heart".

It's ridiculous, but effective. It immediately ends any conversation since, as I said, there is no retort to prove otherwise.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Warning: THIS IS MY OPINION AND ONLY REFLECTS MY VIEWS ON THE SUBJECT.

It seems that the race issue is starting to become a growing problem. I feel that if it is not solved it will only become even worst.

As far as the liberals are concerned, 2010 is only around the corner and if people are fed up with them then we will find out then.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It would be too easy to blame all of Obama's woes on racism.
While I'm sure that does factor into some people' hatred of him, let's put this in perspective...

The right hated, HATED, Bill Clinton. He was hounded non-stop through both of his terms in an effort to find something, anything, to use to get him out of office.

Al Gore was a decent man, but was painted as an un-trustable liar.

Kerry was a war veteran that was smeared beyond belief and his opponent was a coke head that actually went AWOL for heaven's sake.

It doesn't matter what Democrat is in the White House. The hatred and lies would be just as pronounced.

Racism exists to be sure, but in this instance it is NOT the main motivating factor.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Wimbly

With stories like this constantly barraging the uninformed drones who only read liberal rags or watch MSM news programming, we are in for some trouble. They seem to be pushing class and race warfare into the face of the nation. Like it or not. The rally was more about our troubled government that it was about Obama. Obama is just a mouthpiece for the buffoons in power on the Hill.

My local Sunday newspaper didn't even mention the DC rally until page 12 of section A. If you only read the headlines and watch MSNBC, you would never know that the rally even happened.

The race card has been played to death and we are only 8 months or so into this administration.

To the Black Reunion folks, Obama is not Black. He is Mulatto.

how ironic that you are trying to prove your "reverse racism" talk by utterly spitting out a racist term. good going.

the word "mulatto" comes from a latin word "mulus" which is referring to a mule. that is a derogatory term popularized during slavery, and most "mulattos" were rape victims' children who were half whites, but still kept and traded as slaves.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have come to the point when I talk to folks about Obama and his policies and I am then reffered to as a racist..I look them straight in the eye and say as loudly as possible.... "You callin' me a racist??? Well Hell ya, I love NASCAR!!"

They gaze at you very strangely after that and walk away with a confused look on their faces! Works ever time!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
www.ncnw.org...

24th Annual
National Council of Negro Women, Inc.
Black Family Reunion Celebration

With this being the 24th annual event I can't see where this is a Obama event in any way. An I keep looking to see involemt from any one in the
government and cant find anything No guest speakers or promoters.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Don't waste your breath chief. The sad truth is that if the majority of white people don't see or experience the racism that black folks do, then they won't acknowledge it's a problem. You can google some some stats on how each side views racism in america to back that up.

Hell i'm in the south and i remember the funk that came up when south carolina removed their confederate flags.

There is racism and prejudice on both sides. But since the OP is adapt at putting up articles about the racism faced by white people he should watch a video called "White Priveldge" by Tim Wise. That video will let you know what we face.

Now that your getting just a taste of racism and prejudice, it sucks don't it? Yea, when black folks say something about racism and prejudice the other side just denies it. But when white people face the same roadblocks it's unamerican, not right (this is the vibe i'm getting, especially here at ATS), something needs to change! And people say black folks whine about race to much.

Read that thread on ATS about those black kids turned down at that white swim club and browse the responses.

Well, welcome to America...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join