It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you all help me wake my parents up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by harpsounds

Oh my teacher is a liberal

So rephrase it as how much attention your teacher thought Bush paid to the constitution.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I can imagine. Being aware at a younger age is not easy... All you get is head ache.

Like others offered... Take it slow and learn your history. Share what you know when you can and try not to push things on folks they arent ready to accept...

And when you face comments like HunkaHunkas take it in stride.

...Its not gonna matter to much longer anyways in my opinion...

The us is having Tea Party protests... The last time we had Tea Party protests their was a revolution with in two 3 years.

I expect the same soon.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
To remind some or many.. What is important to you in your life might be totally ludacris to another, and seemingly meaningless.

I'm not trying to say the advice that was given was bad, but the viewpoint sure was from my perspective of what is important in life.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's rare to see someone so young be aware of the NWO conspiracy. when i was your age I didn't even care about politics.

My recommendation to you is to not try to convince your parents, they'll find out by themselves. Just give them parts of information once in a while when politics or any of the sort is ever brought up. If you are watching news with your parents just tell them casually why you believe/don't believe the news are saying the truth or giving the full information.

In addition, don't be open about it at high school, those places are really indoctrination centers. You'll have more luck in college/university where people are somewhat more aware (although not always).

Just keep informing yourself and go with the flow of society (for now). when you hit an age where people take you more seriously, then you can go and inform others of your views without fearing ridicule for your age.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
You are 14? Here's some advice kid: stop worrying about all this stuff and go out and enjoy your life! Unless the world does really end in the near future, there is plenty of time for you to think and analysis stuff when you are an adult. You are missing out on some of the best years of your life by looking into this stuff at such a young age.

Maybe words from the following song will put it more into perspective:

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up:
These are the best days of our lives..."

In This Diary - The Ataris.

(This phrase seems more true as each day passes by.)

Also, Walking Through The Door/Unplugging/Taking The Red Pill/Waking Up is something that can only be encouraged. The person will have to take the final step on their own.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I was your age when life started smelling fishy... After a while i dropped out of school. Too many arguments out of dispair that i never got clear answers from the nwo pawns, with years of silence and frustration in between. My family was displaced during the Vietnam war and moved to Cali, then TX. Needless to say, i've been through so much heartbreak, also makes your memoriesit that much more precious. Like others have said already, research research research for yourself, appreciate the fact that this life is for you to experience yourself..

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Don't worry too much. I am in the exact same situation as you. I am 15, and I got onto this NWO conspiracy when I was 14. I tried to convince my parents, siblings, and teachers but no. So I gave up, I did succeed in getting some of my mates (about 6), to believe in this so I got some results.
Just worry about yourself, at least you know some of the truth and you aint been living in a lie.

PM me please because I was looking for conspiracy theorists my age so I could share experiences

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There has been some good advice here for you, as usual on ATS. However, don't let people make your age an issue. Yes, you are 14 yrs old - And should be playing in the sunshine etc etc.

As I have always said, Age is only but a number, wisdom and knowledge is what sets aside a boy and a man. I have known people in their 30's and 40's who act and behave like complete jackasses

You can't force feed your knowledge and understanding of the world down your parents throats. They have a certain mindset and paradigm that they believe about the world. I had the same problem when I awoke.

The key for me was simple: Ask them questions about why certain things happened. For e.g 911 - Ask them how could 4 planes, NOT 1, but 4 be able to get through the cracks. How did 19 guys get on these planes with boxcutters when we have scanners (Metal detectors) at the airport? .... Get my drift

Once they can't logically come to a conclusion on this, THEY will start asking questions of their own, and that's when the cookie crumbles my friend.

All the best, and glad to hear young guys like you can see through the cloak and dagger

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
To be honest I think very little people who dont believe now, will be able to wake up. They are so stuck in there ways they dont want to believe something like that can happen.

You can try though. Ive tried waking up several people but just get looked at weird. But good luck! =]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ask them why the anti-war left have stopped protesting the wars now that Obama is in. This is a very eye opening question as it highlights the false left right paradigm. If anything it would be interesting to hear their response.

If they say Obama took troops out of Iraq.

You say but he replaced them with military contractors that cost 5x more AND the ones he took out of Iraq he sent them to Afghanistan.

The best way overall to wake people up is to tell them what WILL happen they will say you are foolish but then when it does happen they will believe you.

I told my parents 4 years ago there would be talk of carbon taxes and that there would be carbon taxes. Now carbon taxes are pretty common fodder in political discussion but back then no one even knew what they were.

At Bilderberg 3 years ago they said there would be a housing crisis in the US I told my parents and at that time Bush was on TV telling everyone more Americans owned homes than ever and to buy homes. Well needless to say my parents think I'm psychic these days but the truth is...

The elite tells you everything they are going to do you just need to know where to look.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just make them watch this documentary titled "THE END OF AMERICA"

www.snagfilms.com...

its free;
if they say they dont want to sit in front of the computer watching it; burn it on dvd and make them watch it on their TV;
easy peasy.....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
my advice,
the thing is no one can wake them, if they don't want to be awake.
you will only drive them and yourself nuts by trying.you obviously love them. very cool.
be firm in your beliefs. respect theirs. no one can do something like that
in 1 hr, or 1 day, 1 week. it will take time. but you try to force anything, the only thing you will awake may be resentment .in certain conversations only when
the opportunity presents itself.exp.( if you are asked ) holiday conversations are good in my experience.
maybe a certain event being talked about in the news.
use your head, don't alienate yourself.
and the best thing you can do for your own good, always remember to tell
them you love them.

They would never listen to me. When it comes to nwo sub. people simply make fun of me
you see you've already been going the wrong way.
just be firm in what you know to be the truth.
you will be seen in a better light. more mature. respect, i can't say it enough. it works.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For me, Bohemian Grove and Conspiracy of Silence helped awaken my friends. If that's too much try From Freedom to Fascism. Or Nassim Haramein if you want to avoid politics. At the very least it makes people think on their own. I wish these conspiratorial topics came up when i was in school. I would have been alot more interested. I guess critical thinking is something they don't want in school.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
You are 14? Here's some advice kid: stop worrying about all this stuff and go out and enjoy your life! Unless the world does really end in the near future, there is plenty of time for you to think and analysis stuff when you are an adult. You are missing out on some of the best years of your life by looking into this stuff at such a young age.

Maybe words from the following song will put it more into perspective:

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up:
These are the best days of our lives..."

In This Diary - The Ataris.

(This phrase seems more true as each day passes by.)

Also, Walking Through The Door/Unplugging/Taking The Red Pill/Waking Up is something that can only be encouraged. The person will have to take the final step on their own.

So basically go back to sleep and wake up later when it may be too late ..

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Your 14. Your not going to "wake up" your parents! I assure you, it's not gonna happen now, and there is a big chance it won't happen in the future.

Live YOUR life. That's part of growing up, your life is ABOUT YOU. Read into it as much as you want, but you won't be able to convince anybody now, or in the near future. You got a good 10 years or so before an adult will even take the time to listen to you. It's YOUR life, you can't change your parents.

Seriously, I'd do anything to be 14 again and know what I know now. You can't put expectations on others, it's all you.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join