It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced/Suggested Vaccinations in my local schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So my son came home from school on Friday and told me that his teacher told them they would be vaccinating the kids at his school here in Ohio. Mind you were in a small town about 45 minutes to an hour outside of Cleveland, not exactly New York City or anything and yet they're jumping on the vaccine bandwagon with both feet and a banner. According to my son it didn't seem too voluntary it seemed more mandatory, of course he's 9 and I haven't had a chance to talk to the school about this BUT, I called the school about two weeks ago, knowing they would be pushing the vaccine and told the ladies there my son would not be vaccinated. The office said, "Oh well, we're not going to be giving vaccines at the school, you'd need to go to your doctor anyways." So either I was lied to straight out or they simply just made the decision. What are your thoughts on this, my own gut feeling is this is a partial step, simply locating the vaccine delivery in schools and offering it as voluntary, so that when the order comes down any kid in school will be forced to take the vaccine. I've already told my son he has my permission to run out of school and come home as soon as they say he has to get a vaccine and I will back him 100%. I hadn't heard much about this until my son told me on friday but after searching around MSNBC is talking about it
www.msnbc.msn.com...
I thought this was funny since it was published on the 1st and on the 10th my son told me they were gonna be vaccinating kids in the school,

Many large districts are still awaiting details from their state health departments on how to carry out vaccine clinics. Others like California, Ohio and Massachusetts, are focusing first on other elements of flu planning, like when to close schools.

Also the CDC has guidelines posted regarding vaccinations in schools
www.cdc.gov...

# Make connections with education partners at state level
# Make connections with education partners, including school districts, at local level; create a list of schools/school districts willing to participate in school-located clinics
# Develop plans for staffing school-located clinics, including identification of sources of volunteers and development of MOAs with relevant organizations
# Develop informational materials for parents
# Work with local legal advisors to design consent forms
# Develop plans to distribute and maximize return of consent forms where applicable (i.e., if school clinics during school hours and without parents present are planned)
# Ensure VIS is provided to parents for each vaccination dose
# Develop plan to inform and obtain support of principals, teachers and parent organizations
# Develop plan for informing and obtaining support from physicians in the community about school-located vaccination

We got the CDC sheet, I threw it away, we very definitely did not get a consent form and I'll be bitching up a storm about that on Monday. Anyways what are your thoughts?

[edit on 13-9-2009 by gaborn415]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Scary stuff. When they come for our children they better come with bigger guns. They probably will come with bigger guns but, at some point, we need to make a stand.

If you don't want your child taking the shot and the state makes it mandatory, what are you willing to risk to say "NO"? I don't want my child taking the shot either and I'm willing to risk quite a bit.

This mandatory vaccination thing is the line drawn in the sand for me (and I suspect many others). I wish you well, and be strong for the days ahead.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

Forced "anything" will just lead to trouble.

There will be coersion, you will be "nudged" to get the vaccine.

My wife (an RN ) has already TOLD me that our 6 year-old will be home-schooled if it comes to that.

-we've been married a long time, I'm used to orders-

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thank you, I'm pretty worried about this myself, and my wife and I have already talked about this, if they want to vaccinate kids, my kid can be home-schooled. My kid will not take that vaccine while I'm still drawing breath. We're paying very close attention to this and talking to other parents about it as well. I just found this article on Infowars from 2005 and I didn't believe it but the MSM really has said mercury in vaccines is good for kids!

"New studies suggest mercury may be associated with improved behavior and mental performance" Seriously? What's the definition of improved behavior? More sheeplike? I suppose mental retardation does aid in assuring kids will follow orders and not think for themselves though, now that's some kind of spin!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
For anyone interested, my wife has already been looking at home school.

We like
www.k12.com...

But ultimately, it's your decision.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Vaccines in the USA are MANDATED not MANDATORY, and there are plenty of people who think they are the same thing. They are highly suggested.

Most states have 3 ways of getting out of them, and it involves a short letter opting you or your child out of the suggested schedule.

Here is Ohio's waiver:

Ohio Vaccination Exemption

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

The problem, and forgive me if I sound like a conspiracy theorist

is that people may lose their jobs, there might be subtle segregation, it could get ugly for those that opt out.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Mike:

The key is not sharing your personal choices for your family. As a non-vaccinated adult(yes my parents chose not to vaccinate me, and I chose not to get vaccinated as an adult.) and having a non-vaccinated child, I am fully aware of the uninformed wrath.

The toughest is making it clear to MD's when your child may have to go in for something like a chipped tooth, or stitch.

You shouldn't just make the decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate with ZERO knowledge of the subject. IF you choose the non-popular route you should be prepared to deal with the consequences from the other flock.

Not sharing your personal belief systems can be the answer. If they still find out, and someone comes to confront you, you can handle it however you want, but to VACCINATE when you know its not right because you fear the popular choice is the wrong reason.

By the way, I am one of the healthiest people I know, and my son is the same way. It's not luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Don't know if youmisinterpreted, but my background is in developemental neurobiology (SIU) and my wife is a cardiac-ICU nurse. We are informed, but the nimrods making the rules often are not.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaborn415
I've already told my son he has my permission to run out of school and come home as soon as they say he has to get a vaccine and I will back him 100%.

I'm pleased to hear that.

This whole H1N1 nonsense has my 'hinky' meter peged on '10+'. Some issues:

1) The ground zero outbreak during Obama's trip to Mexico

2) the seriously bizarre reaction of the WHO to a 'lightweight' flu with a lower than normal fatality rate. They have declared a level 6 pandemic.

3) scientists and healthcare professionals warning the public that the vaccines are dangerous - numerous healthcare professionals will refuse the vaccine.

4) Baxter's massively incompetent or criminal conduct resulting in the contamination of vaccines with live bird flu virus

5) a number of people are saying that H1N1 is an engineered virus

6) the government's track record in performing 'testing' of biological agents on military personnel and civilian populations. Remember Gulf War Syndrome?

There's more. Much more.

When your son grows up, he will thank you for your diligence in the face of very powerful, seriously evil government.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Forced "anything" will just lead to trouble.

There will be coersion, you will be "nudged" to get the vaccine.

My wife (an RN ) has already TOLD me that our 6 year-old will be home-schooled if it comes to that.

-we've been married a long time, I'm used to orders-

I will refuse, they will have to drag me off in chains, I'm an older guy who needs a cane to walk, it will look real cute on youtube when they tazser me for resistance.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I spent last night reading through over 200 pages of Oklahoma's pandemic flu proposal (how our state intends to deal with it) and while there are waiver forms for regular immunizations; if things get ugly (pandemic) the waivers will not be honored.

There are also plans for forcibly restraining people to innoculate them, forced segregation (not at home), etc.

We're not dealing with the "same ol' barkin' dog"; we've got a dragon on our butts and the rules have changed.

If we continue to think our options are the same as they've always been in the middle of this game who's rules keep changing, we're going to loose big time. I think the major players have thrown out the rule book.

It's truly a hostile takeover.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You rock on old man!!!

-ps, you don't need a cane to be old, just a lousy skier. Ask my wife!-

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Hi Mike,

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as cross as all. Just sharing my personal experience on how we've dealt with 2 generations of non-vaccinated kids.

I have a couple of questions that make people squirm, MD's, pro-vaccination, nurses, you name it, in regards to proof that vaccines work etc. Anyways, the 50+ people I've asked in these fields directly related to vaccines NEVER not once, had a reasonable answer.

Anyways...choosing not to vaccinate based on an educated and informed decision makes you prepared for the uninformed and misinformed.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Maybe you should talk to the school before you freak out.

If the school says it is mandatory then come back and let us know, as of right now, I think your son is freaking out at the possibility of getting a shot.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Whitewave:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the same stands for smallpox based on the anthrax fears in 2001. I'm not sure if anyone remembers but they laid down the same rules in the patriot act about smallpox. Quarantines in local school gyms for forced smallpox vaccines.

Until nurses and doctors refused the vaccine.

I've been told by sooo many doctors, immigration attorneys, surgeon general that I WILL ABSOLuTELY have to get the vaccinations I had yet to receive. I asked about paying for a titre for the antibodies to said antigens etc...

Anyways, they were all wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

We're cool.

Just wanted to let you know, we aren't flying off the handle. We have debated this back and forth. Trust me, I was on the side of vaccinations until about a year ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

This may come as a surprise to a few people but schools lie. When the friendly neighborhood policeman came to the school for fingerprinting day, forms had been passed out, consents and refusals obtained, etc.

I had signed the refusal form, called the teacher, pasted a large sticky freezer label over my son's shirt that said "NO FINGERPRINTING!" and they still fingerprinted him! I was livid! When I called to complain, they said, "Sorry, we didn't know". Nothing you can do about it after the fact.

The people in charge of making sure we're all shot full of poisons are not playing by the same rule book that the rest of us are.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Mike:

I've truly looked at both sides of the situation over the years, including to PROOVE my parents wrong. Wouldn't that have been nice eh? So I could just be the normal kid...hehe.

If you're still learning and researching(as we all are) check out Tim O'shea's Website.

His book is awesome and gives you all the info and historical data needed to make an informed decision. If he is ever holding his seminar in your area I highly recommend it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I remember the smallpox "recommendations" quite well. I took care of a guy that had smallpox and went undiagnosed for over a week. None of the doctors or nurses had ever seen smallpox and he was being given some triple antibiotic ointment for his "rash".

When they posted pictures of what smallpox looked like it was too late for most of us, we'd already been in contact. I'd been vaccinated as a child way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and was told I needed to get a "booster". I insisted that I'd take my chances since I'd already been exposed.

No one else got smallpox even after being in very direct contact with the man. The rest of the nurses had all lined up to take theirs though. I steadfastly refused, saying I'd be the "control group".

Don't remember any quarantines, though. Even for those of us who had been exposed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join