It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in America necessary or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

A revolution is necessary... but not a violent revolution. There is never a reason for killing, and if Ghandi and Rev. ML King have shown us anything, they have shown us that a peaceful revolution works much better than a bloody revolution.

I, personally, think that the best way to revolt in our current day and age is via our pocketbooks. Unfortunately, money speaks. Since the government has stopped listening to us, let's start speaking with our spending (non-spending) habits.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Wow another off topic ramble by someone that must enjoy hearing themselves speak.
Everything you laid out to try and change things has been tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried.

GET THE IDEA

I wanted people to lay out why they think it was necessary or unnecessary and I get a blah blah blah. And an attack on why you, are smarter than me.

A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent

As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also.

Every generation needs a new revolution.

DO YOU KNOW WHO SAID THESE THINGS

Get Bent-Bender

And here is mine-Seize the Fed kill it and show the masses what evil and corruption is, for I am free, not a slave to THE POWERS THAT BE

edit for bad gramma

[edit on 9/13/2009 by endisnighe]

[edit on 9/13/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Thank you, that is why I added the Disclaimer.

Some just do not realize that revolutions are not all violent.

Star to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Once the parasites no longer get their checks,

not every one that gets a check from the goverment is a peraisite. You do know that the military and dod civilians get paid from the goverment. and that disabeld vets get paid from the goverment are you saying they are parisites?

Now with that said Yes I know what you were infering to the welfare checks and what not. Still not every one on welfare is a parisite I don't know if you have seen the latest un employment numbers 9.6% of the labor force - Not seasonally adjusted - Aug 2009 un employment rate so allmost 10% of the nation is un employed which means families need a way to suvrive and if they have to use welfare im all for it.

Will we need a revalution?
If things keep going the way they are we will imo.
I don't think the public will stand by as congress passes healthcare and cap and trade. and like you said god forbid if the money stopes comeing can you emagine the military not getting paid that would be bad for the goverment very bad indeed.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Our government has been working against us since too big to fail corperations have been pulling the strings..

Just like the school yard bully pushes and pushes until the little small weakling brings a gun to shcool and caps his ass..But we know how that story ends,dont we..

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Alethea

Are you saying that I am corrupt? I hope you are joking, I try to inform everyone I know about TPTB and all of their corruption.

I will not state here what I have done in the past or will do in the future, but sir/ma'am I assure you, I am not corrupt.

I did not mean you, personally. It was a generalization.

Favors and coercion are a fact of life.

If the regular joe continues to submit, he is selling out his fellow humans. Some don't give a damn because they are heartless.

Take for instance, the guy working for an insurance company and his boss instructs him to "loose those papers" of a terminally ill client who needs the money now.

Or the supermarket employee who is told to remove the expiration dates from packages using nail polish remover. (It's done after hours.)

Me? I had to clock out and then continue working for 45 mins. to an hour---unpaid, and on a regular basis. That, or lose my job.

It's time for little people to pull out the stops and let the corporate swine fall.

Revolution is more than political leaders. It involves corporations that deceive the public. And religious leaders who have been mesmerising people with lies for centuries.

The system can't be changed from the inside; it is already too corrupt.

Revolt is always a bloody proposition.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I wanted people to lay out why they think it was necessary or unnecessary and I get a blah blah blah. And an attack on why you, are smarter than me.

And that is precisely what you got! It was not off topic at all, according to your own quote above. Although apparently you'd only rather hear what you want to hear and not hear reasons why those would think it unnecessary. Rather than resort to personal attacks, perhaps you should have stated that you only wanted people to lay out why they agree with you instead of disagree with you.

There is a reason why Sedition is considered Treason and why laws like the Sedition Acts got passed and legislation such as the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 gets approved. Be careful because your First Amendment Rights to Free Speech don't pertain when it crosses the line in violation of the Tenth Amendment, and you start promulgating Sedition.

The Framers of our Government, our Forefathers, had foresight and gave the People the means for peaceful Reform, so that blood never need again be shed for the hopes and promise of Freedom.

Just because the system has been misused and abused by those in Power doesn't mean that the system cannot be used to restore the Balance. That was what it was designed to do. If you don't like something, and the majority of the people stand behind you, then you can use the system to bring about long-term and lasting change. If you don't like something about our government, and the majority of people do not stand behind you then you simply have to learn to live with it.

But the fact of the matter is that many people would rather remain complacent or spread their illness of codependency in rhetoric about Sedition and Revolution.

Contrary to popular belief, the people are not powerless to their Government. The people of the United States, if they were to stop being silently complacent, lazy, defeatist, or disempowered, or enabling the actions of TPTB, have ALL the power in our form of Government!

Each and every one of us has more power than the richest of Lobbyists.

Each and every one of us has more power than the Military Industrial Complex.

Each and every one of us has more power than the most powerful of Secret Societies.

Each and every one of us has more power than the NWO and the UN combined.

However, we do not have a voice in Government as individuals, nor do we have power through arms or violence. We have undeniable power to affect our Government when we unite and work together, using the same system the Politicians use to entrench themselves.

You say that it has been tried, and tried, and tried...and in some ways it has. However, part of the problem is that not enough people have tried together, or that we often forget that our form of Democratic Republic/Representative Democracy is like a pendulum and must swing to both extremes before coming to rest in the center, and even then it isn't going to stay at rest as it is Participatorily Dynamic and will change according to the Will of those that take Action and Participation in our form of Government. Bad changes and laws can be passed, and they also get overturned. It happens every time that Congress is in session. Good changes and laws get passed every session, and over time they too get eroded and changed. Our Government and our Laws are not Static for a reason. You don't have the luxury of sitting idly by and letting things happen contrary to the Will of the People. For the Will of the People to be done, it takes constant Due Diligence and constant Participation.

The only reason why things have gotten as bad as they are is because the Masses have sat idly by and only participate in Government by voting every 2-4 years instead of getting involved in the System and using it. The only reason why the Corrupt, the Rich, the Powerful, the Corporations, the Lobbyists, the Lawyers and the Politicans have gained the power that they have is because they've utilized the System while the Masses have sat idly by.

I totally agree that there are major problems within our government and corruption prevails within almost every sector of our government save perhaps the Supreme Court and the G.A.O. which were intentionally designed to be resilient watch-dogs against political corruption. Our political system does have some inherent flaws, but they are not the kinds of things that can't be easily remedied if it is the Will of the People. With careful and planned political precision the corrupted officials in Washington can be made jobless, and positive change can be brought about. But such change isn't going to happen from a Violent Revolution. All that will accomplish is either further entrenching TPTB and further loss of Liberty by the People, or a lot of bloodshed, loss, financial poverty, famine, disease and our country becoming a Third-World Nation.

Of course, all of this is casting pearls before swine no doubt. You'll probably say again...

"off topic ramble by someone that must enjoy hearing themselves speak...a blah blah blah"

However, those that fail to offer a specific plan, with specific provisions, and specific changes they wish to enact, no matter by what means they may choose to accomplish those are only setting themselves up for failure.

And that is precisely the reason why some people will continue to feel like they have no power and remain either codependent or disenfranchised!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by fraterormus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join