It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any tips to get up and run in the morning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So I've been trying to run every morning, it's been going well. I did two days last week where I ran my entire course, then another where I walked.

I used to run at night, been doing this for several weeks but I've noticed it's much harder to work those muscles in the morning than it is at night.

The past two days I wanted to get up in the morning but for some reason I keep feeling like I have a hang over as i get up, so it makes it difficult to find the motivation for the morning run.

I'm overweight, so I'm trying to avoid too much running and give my muscles time to heal. But at the same time, I don't want to lose what I've done already by not running oftenly.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am actually interested in an answer to this too. I can run for hours at night, but running upon waking up is terribly hard. I don't think I've run more than 2 miles ever in the morning.. I have run well over 14 at night.

I guess I'm not a day person.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I can only speculate on this, but I'm sure it has something to do with food intake. Which sucks because to speed up the metabolism you're supposedly supposed to run right before breakfast.

I can't run far, half a mile at most. But I do it much easier late at night. I've managed to run that far perhaps once in the morning.

I can do all my other workouts in the morning just fine.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If you want to run in the morning i'd advise you to get up about an hour or so earlier to get breakfast and then run about 45 minutes after you finish eating, but make sure that you eat properly, get fluids into your system like fruit juice or water and ensure that you get complex carbs as well by eating oats or toast etc. This will help with keeping your energy levels up and ensuring that your properly hydrated so you can get a good run.

Every night get between 6-8 hours of sleep and eat a proper diet as this will help the muscles to recover, this will generally include high protein and high carbs. Don't be listening to that carbs are the enemy group because carbohydrates are vitally important to ensuring that you get to train well, just ensure that you train enough to ensure that the carbs aren't left in your body and stored as fat.

To ensure that you do meet your goals you must stick to the proper diet. To help with this go to www.maximuscle.com Click to the tools heading and click meal planner. There will also be a calorie counter which will change depending on your body fat estimate it gives (which is reliable as it got me spot on). So it will give you the ideal number of calories and will make the diet a lot easier. Only mentioned this last bit because you mentioned that your overweight so i presumed that your goal is to loose weight but this link can be used for a lot of other goals.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheres Wally

Thanks a lot. I'll have to check out that website, and I'll take that advice this week when I try to get up.

Fortunately, I on;y have to be somewhere 2 days a week in the morning so it makes this easy.

new topics

top topics

join