It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery code cracked after 500 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Source

*Note: Advertisement on ABC (link above) on 15-09-2009 electricity will be untamed.
Hit refresh and you will eventually see one of the ads.

Alternate source:

Alternate Source 2:

A stone on castle ceiling concealed a musical score not heard for centuries

A musical score finally deciphered after 500 years.
Goes to show what an important role music has played throughout history.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's a lovely piece. Very soothing and comforting.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It is interesting that they would hide or display musical notes in this way. It might also be related to the ethnicity of the craftsman as a signature. Stories of encrypted messages hidden in different ways has been suggested throughout history. My other thought is the possible relationship to binary codes.

I'm curious as to how these encrypted messages could also relate to time travelers etc. If only we knew for sure.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Given the location of the carving, it's likely that the score was originally not meant to be particularly "Secret".

It may very well have been that the music was composed for whomever commissioned the carving, a personalized score to denote that particular king or queen, like an insignia or signet, but in musical form.

In the intervening 500 years since the nobles death, the significance of the markings were entirely forgotten, resulting in the "mystery" of the "Secret" musical score.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Aye, quite a beautiful piece! And the electricity untamed commercial was funny, too.

Why was it there? Anyone's guess. There could have been a hugely elaborate story behind it that is totally lost to history. It might have been the key to understanding the behavior of people in the 1500s.

Or it could have been a dare.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Very soothing piece. On another note, was in written on 1s and 0s?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The similar theme they're apparently referring to already mentioned was in Roswell chapel. I'm curious as to how these encrypted messages could also relate to time travelers etc. If only we knew for sure.

where is ROSWELL chapel? do aliens go there?

jk. I know you meant Rosslyn

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

The similar theme they're apparently referring to already mentioned was in Roswell chapel. I'm curious as to how these encrypted messages could also relate to time travelers etc. If only we knew for sure.

where is ROSWELL chapel? do aliens go there?

jk. I know you meant Rosslyn

Oh my. The worst part was that I googled it that way. Now I can't even correct it in this BTS thread. You're such a guru.

Roswell Chapel

www.georgiabulletin.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

BEAUTIFUL music!
I'll be playing it tonight.

(But the level of the TV presentation is just... ugh.
Why do they have to drag that disgrace, Dan Brown, into the picture?
Do we really need to elevate the likes of HIM to the status of cultural reference?
)

N.B. No offence to those who may happen to like him.
Really.)

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Well said.

Apparently, they think the viewers/readers are so low-brow they'd fail to see the importance - or the beauty - of the find, unless they included that all-mighty word, "secret" - and Dan Brown, of course...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Given the location of the carving, it's likely that the score was originally not meant to be particularly "Secret".

It may very well have been that the music was composed for whomever commissioned the carving, a personalized score to denote that particular king or queen, like an insignia or signet, but in musical form.

In the intervening 500 years since the nobles death, the significance of the markings were entirely forgotten, resulting in the "mystery" of the "Secret" musical score.

This makes sense, but of course the media has to play it up by making into a "secret uncovered" a la Dan Brown to give it a little more hype and mystery.

It is a nice little piece of music, and I'm glad they figured it out so we can listen to it all these years later.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
wow interesting! I wonder why the song was central enough to the chapel to encode it into the structure? Why this music? I wonder what song this is?

great post

oh and I'm so on board with all who are miffed about the Da Vinci code references!!!! I'm so sick and tired of every cryptic artifact from the past being 'The DaVinci code I could barf

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Did anyone view the various ads about the electricity untamed on 15-09-2009? From source link. Nevermind...It's an Audi ad campaign, and the coutdown clock is here
Must be Audi's answer to the Tesla electric cars maybe?

I went again today, there's a new one with an electric lawnmower.
this is about the 5th ad I've seen.

On topic,

The harp music is very interesting. I rather liked it and thought it was a great piece. To bad the author is not noted....

Do you think back then they tuned to A-440?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by imd12c4funn]

top topics

join