It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 provable stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi everybody,

So I'm a long time member but know enough to not start pointless threads and discredit anything. Since the recent anniversary of things that went down I just had one question and sincerely tried to find the answer through the search thingy but didn't see it so if this is to be ridiculed as pointless I'm more than ready to accept that.

What I'm wondering is if there is actual proof that there were plans to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as establishing legistlation such as the patriot act; before the events of 9/11/2001 occurred. I ask this only because I'm not an expert on physics and whatnot so can't provide solid evidence about the more subjective aspects of what happened. At the very least I'm asking for evidence of political oppurtinism occuring, which is the only thing one can argue without being labeled as a part of some fringe movement that is sad and lonely; which I am but that is besides the point. Sorry if none of this makes sense and will gladly watch this go into obscurity but for anyone who can prove that there was evidence (besides PNAC and Northwoods) of prior knowledge I'd gratefully appreciate it; as that has become my major argument when trying to convince people that "truthers" have at least a leg to stand on besides arguable concepts of physics.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here's some information about the plans to invade Iraq:

www.cbsnews.com...

The plan to attack Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban:

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is a page about invading Afghanistan. It's not mainstream news but it has a lot of mainstream news links that you will have to follow:

geeks.pirillo.com...

Here's a YouTube video that proves Office of Homeland Security was created before 9/11. (Clip at 1:18)

www.youtube.com...

The Patriot Act I don't know about. Maybe somebody else can find that. I think in Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore someone said it was in pieces and they threw it together or something like that.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

There are contingency plans for military operations in the Vatican fer Christs sake. This proves what, exactly?

If there were no plans for conducting operations against OBL and the Taliban the JCS and all of the Deputies they should have been fired. To believe or expect otherwise is not just simply naive, it is utterly stupid.

If the Department of Homeland Security had existed before 9/11 there is an excellent chance that the 9/11 attacks would have been prevented. Apparently, twoofers who start and contribute to threads like this have a problem with that. Pathetic!

ETA: There have been contingency plans for conducting military operations in both Iraq and Iran since the early 1980's brcause I helped write them.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Reheat]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Reheat]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Dont forget the Project for the New American Century!
Good question OP!
Read this entire page,....and weep:
www.sourcewatch.org...
Then watch this:
www.dailymotion.com...

[edit on 13-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

Maybe I am missing it but I do not see anything in your post that proves anything. I do not understand why you "OS" believers are so dedicated to running from thread to thread insulting people when none of you can back your story up. This thread is about provable things. Can you prove anything or are you just here to cloud the issue, muddy the waters, keep people from seeing what may be the truth?

I really look forward to reading a thread full of actual facts and provable things. I am hoping someone will stop by and tell me where the wings to AA77 went.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

I just provided information the OP asked for so he could come to his own conclusions. I provided mainstream and public information in response to someone's requests and you belittle me for sharing this public information? You're the one who's pathetic. You don't know anything about me. I share and distribute information I don't create it.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

reply to post by dodadoom

Thanks very much for the links. I need to improve my credibility when discussing the more complicated foreign policy issues that can at least show why there might be motive for misrepresenting some of the finer points of the OS.

As far as the Patriot Act, I had read somewhere (possibly Michael Moore) that it was impossible for it to be compiled so quickly after 9/11. Also it was unlikely that anyone who voted for it had time to read it and understand what it entailed.

reply to post by Reheat

I didn't mean to say that having plans prior to 9/11 for invasion is slam dunk proof of anything malicious on the governments part. I've found that one thing nearly everyone agrees upon is that politicians can often times take advantage of an incident to further their own agenda. What's suspicious to me is that Bush ran a non-interventionist platform when first running for president, but already had plans to do the complete opposite. I realize that it may be reaching a little to assume too much and can understand concerns that I'm looking at it from a biased perspective. Since you have an understanding of contingency plans I was wondering if you think that any of them would've been used if 9/11 hadn't occurred?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The BBC World Report coverage of 9/11, at 12:14 the presenter says "the explosions appear to be continuing" backed up by a eyewitness statement saying "The explosions were continuing out of control."
There had already been the 2 initial explosions of both aircraft hitting the towers, so why report continuing explosions at the WTC?

www.archive.org...

new topics

join