It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors slash vaccines due to rising costs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Doctors slash vaccines due to rising costs

money.cnn.com

Health care providers say insurers don't reimburse them enough for essential vaccinations, so they're not offering them.

By Parija B. Kavilanz, CNNMoney.com senior writer
Last Updated: September 11, 2009: 12:49 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Parents who bring their kids to Dr. G. Andrew McIntosh for the chicken pox vaccine are out of luck.

The family physician, who has a solo practice in Uniontown, Ohio, doesn't offer that shot because he can't afford it. Most insurers won't sufficiently cover the cost.

"It doesn't do me any good. I am losing money on [them]," he said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So... lots of children may not be getting the necessary vaccinations to prevent highly communicable childhood diseases.
Many these diseases can cause permanant physical damage and/or death.

Yet the Swine Flu vaccine will be "given" at No Charge to public health and retail clinics, to job sites,
pharmacies, pediactric Dr.s and family practices.

Insurance companies won't cover the cost to prevent the possibility of mass epidemics.

If the cost is too high for them to cover them why is the SF vaccine free ?
The influenza vaccine if purchased, only cost from $7 to $33
while others cost up to $140. WHY ??

Is this all about the Gov't Health Care Plan ? (including a One World Gov't)

Dr. G. Andrew McIntosh says "I can't save the world and pay for my staff,"
He is right he can't, but the greedy, selfserving, demented, government sponsored enterprises all over the planet Can, and should be Held Accountable !!

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Didn't know they had a chicken pox vaccine. I guess I'm to old for it to have been essential when I was a kid and stayed home from school for a week when I got it.

Besides, its not like you can't get them. You just have to go to a place, in this instance, that is further away.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The problem is, that alot of folks can't get to the far away places and just don't go.

My question is why is the cost so high ?

I got Polio as an infant, and I don't want another epidemic to start.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I'm not concerned.

If they had cancer I bet they would make the trip for treatment. They can do the same for the well being of their child.

The cost is high because thats the price. The chicken pox costs 115 dollars, insurance pays up to 83 of that. If you are going to have a child you know you must pay for some shots. You have 9 months to save 32 dollars.

MMR costs 58, insurance pays around 40. Save an extra 2 dollars a month while you are pregnant and you have the dough to cover this one.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Damn, I should not have drank that 2nd bottle of CAPTAIN. LOL.

Anyway, I received a red measles shot in college and almost died.
I was in a college in St. Louis where we had an outbreak. Guess what, people that never got the shot had no problems, the ones that did like me, well you get the picture.

I do not believe the death scare from the H1N1, but I do believe these vaccines have nothing to do with preventative care. They have everything to do with profits.

At 40$ per shot @ 6billion injections is equal to anyone? 240 billion dollars. Absolutely no reason to think their is an ulterior motive. Absolutely None.

SHEEPLE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Here are what children are required to be immunized against today
diphtheria whooping cough, tetanus, hepatitis B, and polio. measles, mumps, rubella, Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) disease, and pneumococcal disease. Children in some western states should also be immunized against hepatitis A.

For children who actually recieve these the current immunization schedule of as many as 20 vaccinations by age 2

Vaccines don't protect only the one getting the shot. They also protect the public at large. When enough people are immunized, there's little chance that any particularly susceptible person--like a newborn or someone with a weak immune system--will come into contact with an infection. That's called herd immunity, and when the percentage of people vaccinated against a particular disease drops, herd immunity begins to fail.

These diseases are not gone. Whooping cough is on the rise among teens and adults in the United States, putting unvaccinated infants at risk. Disease rates are far higher outside the United States, and given the ease of global travel, one infected person walking around at a major airport could cause an epidemic.

We are always at war with microbes, why do we have to relearn this lesson?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I never said they didn't have to get those shots. I only stated that I did not recieve the chicken pox vaccine.

My wife and I are about to welcome our first child into our home and am well aware of the shots that she will be getting. But I thank you for listing them for those who may not be savy to that info.

Maybe you taught them something.

new topics

top topics

join