It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Out Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by Phage

Perhaps said a another way -

Gotta love it,

Music is the universal language.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Just when you think you've found a few members who are completely sane something comes up and bites your bum.

Only kidding, you speak no lies.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Gixxer

Why is the US Government so low on the list?

I thought we were the Great Satan

Now that's a conspiracy...

I actually just added the u.s to the list with the other governments it actually wasn't a list based on threat altho there are people on this site that would probally label me a dis-info agent because the u.s was put so low,lol

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think what Phage is saying is there are Smeagol Gollum's among us.

Anyone familiar with The Lord of the Rings trilogy should be familiar with the tactics of the Smeagols among us. They are nasty creatures with manipulative, lying, sneaking, selfish ways who cause a lot of hate, confusion, and discontent.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Beware of your own thoughts. Do not let them devour you. They are not real.

I'm well aware that number One is only in my/others thoughts. Nobody ever encountered any number or mathematical relation in nature per se. Same with God or infinity. Can we say that they are not real? No. They have just special modus of existence but they are real till somebody practice mathematics/theology/philosophy.

Phage, you are very rigorous man in nature sciences discourse, but from philosophical view is your OP BS - or not - but then you need to elaborate it. Like Francis Bacon did on similar theme.

EDIT to add: more interesting (and classical - Edmund Husserl: Logische Untersuchungen) examples are centaur or rounded square. They are (probably) impossible but somehow real. All trouble is in word "real" - you did not coined this term sufficiently.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by zeddissad]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Watch out now, take care,
Beware of greedy leaders
They'll take you where you should not go,
While Weeping Atlas Cedars
They just want to grow, grow and grow
Beware of darkness

There is an Atlas Cedar planted on the south lawn of the White House in Washington, D.C.

The Atlas Cedar is very closely related to the Cedar of Lebanon. The Cedars of Lebanon are an icon associated with Freemasonry Societies.

Phage, since you use a quote from Mark Twain in your signature, you may find this story of Mark Twain and the Cedars of Lebanon of interest.

Mark Twain at one time joined a masonic society. Soon afterward, he stopped attending. One can only speculate whether he discovered something that compromised his integrity.

What he may not have realized is that once you join you cannot just "quit". There must be some sort of aggitating enforcement of the rules that does not allow a person to just 'quit'.

In May of 1861, Mark Twain joined the Freemasons and within two months was raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason. Soon, thereafter, he stopped paying dues.

Master Mason Clemens, after having stopped paying dues was "suspended" but not legally released from the obligations of the organization.

The Constitutional Provisions state that "any member of a Lodge who has no charges preferred against him has a clear Masonic right to withdraw from membership by dimit upon payment of all dues against him."

You have to be "in good standing" to be released from further obligation. You must also go before a review before you are allowed to disassociate because this release is an 'entitlement' that must be granted.

Shortly after his reinstatement in 1867, Samuel Clemens took a trip to Palestine. In Innocents Abroad he describes the experience as dismal, barren, sorrowful, despondent, hopeless, dreary, and heart broken.

Hauntingly, he asks, "And why should it be otherwise? Can the curse of the Deity beautify the land?"

(His writing at this time seems to be a soulful pondering of entanglements rather than just a description of landscape.)

During his trip to Palestine, he sent his Lodge a gavel with a note that read: "This mallet is a cedar, cut in the forest of Lebanon, whence Solomon obtained the timbers for the Temple."

The note itself, strikes me as being perfunctory and curt.

Clemens cut the handle himself from a cedar just outside the walls of Jerusalem. He had the mallet made by a special woodcarver of reputation in Alexandria, Egypt.

Since Clemmens went to such lengths to obtain this mallet, why did he send it to the Lodge rather than to personally present it himself? Was this another initiation or requirement to obtain his release? Was this a plea bargain to keep himself from harm and retribution?

The mallet was sent to the Lodge in April of 1868; six months later (October) Clemens was given his release by dimit. He never again affiliated with a Lodge.

Certainly, some organizations have gotton a lot of mileage using names of famous people. Most people do not stop to check the histories of what really happened and just take it as face value because the association of famous names "sounds reputable".

I cannot help but wonder how much this experience may have influenced Twain's writing. It brings to mind the story of Tom Sawyer conning Huckleberry Finn into white washing the fence. There seems to be a message of how one may end up in slavery through trickery.

Is this what Clemens found in his blind oath to a secret society?

And what did George Harrison know of these secret societies?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Thank you for very interesting info. Mark Twain is one of my favorite author. I plan to reread his work after Christmas. His writings should be in public domain now. It is more then 70 years after his dead, so I'll not use translated versions for first time.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

'Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!'

Beware the Jabberwock by Lewis Carroll.

Great song, by the way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join