It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgraced as a Canadian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
www.canoe.ca...
"AFTER SEEING the story of the American being decapitated. I think that instantly infamous photo of the Iraqi prisoner on a leash is accurate. They are animals and should be treated as such...." Jim Orfino, Edmonton

This is NOT FREE SPEECH, this is PURE RACISM and should not be tolerated.

**THIS IS FROM THE TORONTO SUN****A HIGHLY CIRCULATED CANADIAN NEWSPAPER***WTF WERE THEY THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Canadians are fed the same crap as the French.

We are fed crap too, it's just got different spin on it. Where do you think all the anti-war folks get their fuel?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
THE idiot had the stupidity to display a picture of himself on the net.

JIM ORFINO IS THE ONE ON THE LEFT, To the right is the sick dad that raised him. Sadly they are both Canadian.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand your point? Racist remarks do fall under the same protections as any other speech.

Are you advocating censorship here?

I'm not trying to start an argument, just a discussion. But I really do not understand your point.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
While I disagree with his comments, I'm going to generalize and stuff hehe. I think it's what's to be expected from a reader of the sun. It's as close to b eing a tabloid as it can get, without actually being one, IMO.

Anyway, looks like he wrote another letter, "I WOULD like to apologize for my letter stating that the Iraqi people were less than human for the killing of American Nick Berg (May 4). I also would like to apologize for suggesting the U.S. nuke the Middle East, pave it and put an oil pump on it. Statements like that do nothing to help solve the problems and can make make matters worse. "

Taken from the same link...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The anti-war folks in the USA got there fuel when they realized that this war does little to benefit the population as a whole, but causes more problems in an already problem-filled world. And they also realize that the war was done out of the politicans self-interest.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
The Canadians are fed the same crap as the French.

We are fed crap too, it's just got different spin on it. Where do you think all the anti-war folks get their fuel?

Yes, the canadians, the french, the muslims, the chinese, the koreans, the africans, the japaneses... everyone is against you !

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
THE idiot had the stupidity to display a picture of himself on the net.

JIM ORFINO IS THE ONE ON THE LEFT, To the right is the sick dad that raised him. Sadly they are both Canadian.

Hey, nuts, stop doing these kind of things. You dont know if this guy is the same Jim ORFINO, and even if the real name of the author of this letter is Jim ORFINO.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
www.canoe.ca...
"AFTER SEEING the story of the American being decapitated. I think that instantly infamous photo of the Iraqi prisoner on a leash is accurate. They are animals and should be treated as such...." Jim Orfino, Edmonton

This is NOT FREE SPEECH, this is PURE RACISM and should not be tolerated.

**THIS IS FROM THE TORONTO SUN****A HIGHLY CIRCULATED CANADIAN NEWSPAPER***WTF WERE THEY THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Toronto Sun is a far left leaning newspaper... All I can say is the majority of journalists in that are liberal.

Just like the National Review and the Star.

Get some good papers that have a mixture of both.

The truth is always hidden in the middle but few ever get there due to their highly opnionated self righteous attitudes.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just find it interesting, how quickly the Liberal Press switches from, "Look at these photos! Our poor troops, get them out of there!" to, "Look at these photos! Those murdering, torturous bastards, get them out of there!"

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
About what he said...

Did he said "All Iraqis are animal and should be treated as such?" If he said that, then yes he is a racist pig.

But if he said/meant "All Iraqis who violently oppose the effort of reconstruction (basicly meaning all terrorists, extremists and suicide bombers) are animals and should be treated as such", then I wholeheartly agree with him.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I fail to see how his comments are racist. He commits an absolutely hideous generalization, but the last time I checked "Iraqi" is not a race.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Yes, the canadians, the french, the muslims, the chinese, the koreans, the africans, the japaneses... everyone is against you !

Ok Nans, here's who's WITH us...

Afghanistan
Albania
Angola
Australia
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Colombia
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Georgia
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Japan
Kuwait
Latvia
Lithuania
Macedonia
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Mongolia
Netherlands
Nicaragua
Palau
Panama
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Rwanda
Singapore
Slovakia
Solomon Islands
South Korea
Spain
Tonga
Turkey
Uganda
Ukraine
United Kingdom
Uzbekistan

A few fun Coalition facts:

- The population of Coalition countries is approximately 1.23 billion people.

- Coalition countries have a combined GDP of approximately $22 trillion.

-Every major race, religion, ethnicity in the world is represented.

-The Coalition includes nations from every continent on the globe.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
webserfer don't put too much stock into the Sun. The only reason people actually buy that rag is for the sunshine girl/boy. As for the Sun being left leaning HAH(meant sarcastically). I got fired from the Sun for just the HINT I was a racist because one of the managers didn't like me cuz I was too white or something
figures. As for the Sun being left leaning I'd say they are more Tabloid Leaning than anything else.....

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homer Jay
Ok Nans, here's who's WITH us...

Out of all those countries listed, I wonder how many people that live in those countries are actually with you. My bet is not too many, certainly not a majority.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
. . . the sun. It's as close to b eing a tabloid as it can get, without actually being one, IMO.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not say anything we can't take back now.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I'm not sure I understand your point? Racist remarks do fall under the same protections as any other speech.

Are you advocating censorship here?

I'm not trying to start an argument, just a discussion. But I really do not understand your point.

Ah-ha, but you are thinking of your country, whereas we are talking about Canada. We do things a little differently up here... we have something called "Protection against hate speech" which makes it illegal, for example, to incite violence against someone (although, of course, there are limits... generally it means you don't get up on a soap-box and start spouting gibberish about how the Jews are trying to take over and should be whacked with hammers, for example).

Censorship is not a dirty word in Canada, because the Canadian government is operating from the position that speech is an act, and the government has a right to intervene to prevent acts that are directly harmful to its people. Now, whether you agree or disagree with that, that's how things are up here... I personally think it's a good thing, but I can see how some Americans would disagree.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
DID any of you folks from ontario hear about the new tax installed by none other then...

* drum roll *

A liberal !! Woohoo! Not just will ya'll pay 15% tax, but more, and you'll have to pay more with OHIP..

What does the new premier think of all this???

It's a necessary step .... For what????

Arrrr!! I'm glad i'm not in Ontario anymore...

Those liberals really piss me off.

I knew Dalton McGuinty would be no good....

He was like kerry in that he didn't propose any ideas, people just wanted the Harris/Eves government out..

And now look...

Anybody got any info on this.......

I heard it while I was driving to tim hortons here in the states this morning.......
I was totally pissed...
Sorry guys...

Again I say... #in liberals..

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
. . .

Those liberals really piss me off.

. . .

Again I say... #in liberals..

yea, anyone with half a brain knew something like that was bound to happen. But I voted NDP, so is that any better?
What makes me mad is the price of smokes and booze is going to go up....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Ontario Liberals moved yesterday on key election commitments to raise tobacco prices and roll back tax cuts promised by the former Conservative government.
Liberals want a new tax, which would be a violation of Mr. McGuinty's signing of the Taxpayer Protection Act. AAAnd!!! That was something he promised PROMISED he wouldn't do when he was campagining!!! Uh... The lies the lies.. Shame shame.

THERE IT IS.

Corporate cuts, property rebate and school credit gone
Carton of cigarettes up $2.50 Used to be 750/pack now it's 9.50? Plus 8% and 7% tax on top of that!!!

Two weeks after being elected, McGuinty said he would keep a promise to stop construction of the homes � even if that meant scuttling construction already under way and cancelling house sales already made.

In the past few weeks, however, developers on the moraine suggested the government could face big financial penalties for not abiding by deals. He said McGuinty was trying to avoid the negative publicity over the moraine issue by making a different announcement in Ottawa last Friday just hours before his municipal affairs minister delivered the bad news about the moraine.

"Not only did you renege on your commitment about the Moraine; you didn't even have the common decency to attend yourself," Eves told McGuinty in the Legislature.

And here you go

Also a good article:

Politics Watch

top topics

<<   2 >>

join