It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Tehran, Iran (May shock)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
SHOCKED?

If anybody really wanted to know how it looks all they had to do is Google Tehran or any other part of Iran...

Nice looking Persian city by the way.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Is it bad that I think theres a "Duh" in order here?

In my opinion, its really obvious that there a developed nation.
I mean, it's Iran, its not upyourmuckluck lol

I suppose it comes down to denying ignorance, for me, when I see things like that on the news, it becomes even more apparent they must be a good peaceful mannered country, if A) There standing up in such force against he who must not be named because I cant spell it haha, and B) The media is being such a downer on them.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I've spent a lot of time in China, and I had the same opinion. I was totally shocked that it wasn't like the MSM images I had seen and it was actually quite nice in places. Like China, Iran and Iraq aren't sparsely populated backwaters that that we can just roll over at will. A war with Iran would be 100 times worse than Iraq and Afghanistan put together.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
definite bookmark. For a second at the start, i was definitely surprised. Most of those pictures look like they could have been taken in my own neighborhood, and yet, the media continues to portray it as an uncivilized third-world country.

Thank you for this post, my friend.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for posting the photos.

However, is there a hint of thought in this thread that it's a worse crime to attack a "civilised" nation than an "uncivilised" one? My national newspaper gave barely a couple of paragraphs to the NATO airstrike in Chardarah, Afghanistan last week. Innocent people were killed, innocent poor people.

link   
Even Alcatraz can look beautiful...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9701a470f5c.jpg[/atsimg]

But that doesn't make it any less of a prison.

-E-

link   
Yes, there are beautiful pictures from everywhere on the planet.
Nice slideshow.

I find the message of the post shocking in a subversive way..

(thats all that shocked me anyway)

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Teabags]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Why is that a surprise exactly? One of the top tourist destinations used to be the swat valley Pakistan (Best skiing on earth). Political landscapes change. Hell man Cuba is the #1 tourist destination for allot of the world right now! Maybe someday we can enjoy Cuba again, and Iran too, I would love to see Persia.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The premise of this thread is foolish. The pictures don't shock me nor do they 'open my eyes.' The public parks, soccer games and shopping in Tehran mean nothing to me as long as they openly work toward building nuclear weapons while promising the genocidal murder of millions of Israelites.

Perhaps pictures of an Iraqi street devastated by an Iranian supplied bomb would be of some relevance here. Better yet, perhaps a nice, beautiful slideshow of Central Park and the Super Bowl will somehow convince you that America can do no wrong in the world despite the very true and very disturbing facts listed in your own video.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Iraq was wealthy & safe/stable up until the Ba'ath (Saddam's party) came into power. At least they were secular. Iran's government now is NOT secular, which means it is potentially more dangerous (to their own people) than Saddam's Iraq.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Iraq became INCREDIBLY safe and stable once Saddam came into power. Also the country flourished under Saddam. Before Saddam's party the place was open to non-stop government overthrow, and constant struggles for power. This means poor enforcement of laws, and that means a very unsafe area.

Unfortunately, Saddam and his party were extremely brutal. They also did not play by the rules. That does not negate the fact before Saddam the country was under constant strife, and was very dangerous. Nobody held any real control, so the country was anything but wealthy. Saddam put strict control over the country, and made a killing off the oil monopoly he created.

As for Iran's government, how can you argue a government the people put in place? We overthrew their government in 1953. They had freedom. They overthrew that government for Islamic governing. Basically, this is the form of government the people want.

You using this form of government to explain the protests and riots shows how little you know about middle eastern affairs. The riots were a result of a politician they were unhappy with getting re-elected, and the possibility he rigged the election. It has nothing to do with their form of government. It has to do with a politician who proved he can't handle world affairs (from what we have seen) and they wanted him out.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Struggling here, laptop keeps crashing.

May I repeat, The "May shock" comment was sarcasm

[edit on 12-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
DON'T BE FOOLED PEOPLE!!!

Try looking at Nazi Germany pictures. It might look like a great place too.

The Iranian government is very evil. I could give many examples, but I'll just mention persecution of minorities (Bahai leaders are executed, coverts to Christianity are tortured & sometimes killed, and even the native Zoroastrians have been persecuted.)

@ "evil government"

May I bring the following to your attention Mr 'they are evil'

"In 2000, U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright apologized for U.S. involvement in the 1959 coup and for U.S. support for the brutal dictatorial regime of the Shah, which repressed political dissents."

(yes, not specifically, the ’79 revolution, but you get my drift)

So who is evil.....those supplying the weapons and support and money (the puppeteer) or those conducting the actual uprisings (puppets)?

puh-leaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

U.S. actions over the last 50-60 years are the epitome of evil. HELLO!!!!

and to finish off with some humour, let’s take a quote from Jimmy Carter

"Under the Shah’s brilliant leadership Iran is an island of stability in one of the most troublesome regions of the world. There is no other state figure whom I could appreciate and like more"

lol

Evil and comedic ass-clowns.....yep, that's the U.S. where they want to be...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What a beautiful place! I would have never thought it looked like that. Thanks for sharing. Now I have a picture with the place we have been hearing so much about.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Just google iran countryside under the picture section and you will be amazed. I have a friend who went skiing and said it was one of the most exhalarating experience he had, and we've both went to tons of ski resorts outside the U.S so i can only imagine what it was like.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hello

first sorry for my english...

i know it's about iran but i want a show you just two pictures, some of you talked about irak i try to find beautiful picture if irak, in fact there is only horrible picture, but no picture of irak before the war, the first one by bush father, this country was the most beautiful one, you can not imagine how it was.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/406872651d8c.jpg[/atsimg]

the first picture was taken the 15 may one month before the war the next one no need to explain

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb5701aac421.jpg[/atsimg]

my question is why are we doing this to this people ?
what those people have done to deserve two decade of pain and suffer

irak and now it's iran and tomorow who's next ?

this world is ugly so ugly ! money has more valour then a children, we are so ignorant so fool of what we think is the reality, how can we talk about love, it's a shame to think we are the civilized nation, i'm from a country where the valour is liberty equality and brotherhood it's just words, when i see my president taking part of this... and we ! i'm from paris you are from new york, london ,japan,sydney,bagdad, theran, we are all the same we do all the same things, we work, we loose, we cry, we love, we share the same biology, heart beating for your valour, for love and respect this words come from of the deepest of eatch of my atoms, i never blame the american people for this war because you are a lot to think this war is unfaire you loose brother and sister husband and wife too.

somone talked about the russians the sting song, i heard it, just change the name it is so actual, the lyrics talk about what we are living now... we loose, all the time we loose...

i talk about peace

thank you .

In Europe and America, there's a growing feeling of hysteria
Conditioned to respond to all the threats
In the rhetorical speeches of the Soviets
Mr. Krushchev said we will bury you
I don't subscribe to this point of view
It would be such an ignorant thing to do
If the Russian love their children too

How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer's deadly toy
There is no monopoly of common sense
On either side of the political fence
We share the same biology
Regardless of ideology
Believe me when I say to you
I hope the Russians love their children too

There is no historical precedent
To put words in the mouth of the president
There's no such thing as a winnable war
It's a lie we don't believe anymore
Mr. Reagan says we will protect you
I don't subscribe to this point of view
Believe me when I say to you
I hope the Russians love their children too

We share the same biology
Regardless of ideology
What might save us me and you
Is that the Russians love their children too

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Irainians are no stranger to all out war. There is no victory to be had in Iran. To put it in perspective imagine an invasion of the US and the resulting response by the citizens. Iran would be no different.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guillotinegleam

Yep, sure look civilized to me-

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
hello

first sorry for my english...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/406872651d8c.jpg[/atsimg]

Whats with the song?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/871b6ce5781f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
nice.

such a simple reminder that we are all people, that we are all, in so many ways the same, is so powerful.

it is so important to remember that it is the vast minority that seeks violence and war. the vast majority simply wants to live a happy and fulfilling life.

thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The-Hammer

I was going to post this one of Baghdad but I like yours better.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79ed9f1a57ea.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join