It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Building ‘Impossible’ Space Drive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Fortunately Roger Shawyer is an engineer, so while the scientists are trying to debunk his work, he actually has it working.

I believe he has had funding from the UK Goverment.

His device is pretty easy to build for a low thrust model.

Edit: I was using pretty fuzzy language there. He has actually had two rounds of funding from the UK Government and Government engineers have performed due diligence before funding.

[edit on 16/9/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Let's hear it for the engineering disciplines!

I believe this gulf between engineering and theoretics is due in large part to methodology, or in everyday usage, engineers return to square one or go back to the drawing board. In theoretical disciplines theories are added onto each other until a cumbersome glob emerges which has little to no connection with reality.

Lets take say, vacuum fluctations. The typical theoretical physcist would have us believe that there is some type of 5D space probability is wormholing out of and stitch it together with copious amounts of complex mathematica. An engineer, otoh, is familiar with wave mechanics and knows what a rogue wave is. So the engineer sees how em radiation can produce rogue waves that behave as particles, and instead of stitching it up with math, proceeds to design the concept into a widget.

A space drive one. Mabe not exactly like this one, but that is the idea.

So yes, it works.

<< 1   >>

join