It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis/Reptile Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This thread is going to sound like I'm on the verge of psychosis, but I'm going to post it anyway.

Last night, I had the most terrifying dream. The reason I post it here is because a reptillian creature made a cameo, and the lucidity was SO intense that the dream was arguably a spiritual experience. At least, that's what it felt like for me.

It was a night like any other night...I was listening to Prince on my headphones, when I finally decided to get some sleep. I did a bit of meditation before falling off to sleep. It was strange, because usually when I meditate, it takes a while for me to get 'in the zone', but on this night, it just took a couple of seconds. The whole thing felt a little darker than usual. I heard a voice inside my head saying ''I want to eat you'', but I immedieately brushed that off as just my overactive imagination (it truly is overactive!). Then my vibrational level rose substantially, and I felt a surge of extreme positive bliss. I was very relaxed and went straight to sleep.

Sorry to say my dreams weren't the same. It all happened in the room I was sleeping in, so it felt like my soul had literally left my body and was now roaming around the house.

It wasn't long before I found myself being antagonised by a large reptillian creature. He was wearing armour, and although he never touched me, he literally fed on my fear. Whenever a negative thought passed through my head, his hold on me would increase substantially. I also had telekinetic powers, in the dream, although I didn't trust them, and felt as if another force was trying to manipulate me into thinking I was something I wasn't. Confusing.

Anyway, the lizard creature only disappeared after I woke up. I suffered from sleep paralysis after the dream and couldn't move...it was really terrifying, but after I fully regain my waking self, all my fear just vanished.

Maybe it was just a regular dream...or maybe I'm reading too many ATS threads, but thought it would be interesting to share nontheless.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yeah,I have had dreams also that were terrifying and seemed real.

One included a nasty old witch-like women.She had this evil cackle that still freaks me out when I think about it.

Another one felt like an OBE.I remember feeling as though I didn't have a body and something was chasing me.I couldn't see it,but I could feel its presence.It felt really evil.It was a very real and scary feeling.

But both times when I woke up,I couldn't move right away.And both dreams happened during my teen years.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You are not alone in this. I have experienced sleep paralysis several times in my life, the last few times with these reptile creatures. I can't even tell you if it was a dream or if it actually happened it was so real. I was able to pry my eyes open a few times during paralysis. What I saw was a purple reptile creature towering over me at the foot of my bed, also wearing armor. That's all I saw of it because I couldn't keep my eyes open but for a few seconds. This thing moved over to the side of my bed and started hissing some kind of language into my ear...I could feel the hot breath on my face. Then this thing felt as if it was on top of me. I could feel a tremendous weight on my chest constricting my breathing. It was terrifying, to the point where I apparently let out some blood-curdling scream...my dad is the one who woke me up. He described me as having a seizure, convulsing violently like I was trying to fight something off.

What's weird is I have two friends(not close one's) that have experienced similar things. That isn't what I would consider a common experience by any means.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VergeofObscene

If there was some "sleep paralysis" involved, I would say that there must have physically been like some kind of alien or "psychic" actually in your head during the dream. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problem moving once you wake up.

About the other stuff...Hmm... a lizard that wants to eat you by making you think you have telekinetic powers. If they'd only make a movie...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Angels appear to most people, visually, as frightening.

Why do you think demons look the way they do?

They try to impersonate angels.

Feeding on your fear, maybe. Perhaps it was trying to help you rid you of your fears, but you held on too tightly?

I am a schizophrenic, but your "dream" sounds exactly like my average night. I involuntarily enter a different "world" (most would argue it's only in my head), and I too never leave my room(though out of personal choice).

The Angels are at war right now, which would explain the armor.

Just my opinions, based on my own experience.

If it happens again, understand that they have as much control over you as you give them.

Try communicating with it next time.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Wow, I kinda get what you're saying...and not trying to sound offensive here, but I hope to effin' bleep that I don't have schizophrenia...my uncle has it, and I'm pretty sure my father has some kind of mental illness, most likely the aforementioned one, so I could have it...most people peg me as a lunatic.

That being said, if you are having dreams where you don't leave your room, you might be astral projecting. I imagine that when you travel on the astral plane, you'll start off in the location where you leave your body (ie. where you are sleeping.)

In re the angel thing, I'm beginning to think the entity wasn't as harmful as I thought it was, as I only felt bad or threatened when a negative thought passed through my head, and felt better when I thought about my siblings...could have been my mind trying ot work some stuff out. I also heard a voice in my head say ''you're ready to come with us'', but I find it so hard to lend any credence to things like these that pass through my head...I always brush it off as my imagination.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I don't mean to push you into doing anything, but perhaps you should try to go with them next time.

Honestly, even if you're abducted by aliens, you will always know the truth, whether no one ever believes you or not.

No one will be able to take that experience from you.

If it's an angel, then it sounds like he's trying to take you to Heaven, or some form of it.

I'd go for it.

Only problem is getting past the fear so you can move.

Paralysis is only because of the fear.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Perception is reality.

My whole issue with this "sleep paralysis" diagnosis is that it's a pretty easy way for the medical community to explain all the scary, horrible things that are happening to people all around the world that need to stay behind closed doors. That being said, I am on the fence about this. I too have had episodes of sleep paralysis, and recently had what I felt to be a sleep paralysis/night terror episode which I haven't felt or been able to make sense of.

Sometimes we should believe what we feel.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Malzypants]

new topics

top topics

join