It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to all those put-option deals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
One thing I don't get is that all those put options were placed on the fall in share price of the airlines involved and the proceeds from those options have never been collected.

Why would someone or some group place all those options knowing that it would implicate them?

Why would someone or some group place all those options knowing that they could never collect the proceeds?

Why hasn't the financial institution that took the deals for the options never revealed who actually placed them?

Surely in this day and age there must be some kind of paper trail or even if not on physical paper, there must be computer data that tracks back to who placed the deals?

Mark

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
media.nara.gov...

The one report on unclaimed put options you will find was written *before* you could claim the put options. What you are basically asking is "Why didn't i get a paycheck for august, even though I start working next month"

There are 2 more things about the put options: They are *not* above average, they are on the high side of average.

AA was expected to show a pretty bad report, regardless of 911. Several investment firms made reccomendations to buy put options because of that.

join