It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people Realy believe Iran will use nukes against Israel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

i never said they were blood thirsty monsters. Just how people imagine them to be according to the media.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by digger2381
reply to post by cormag

Any basis for this outlandish claim?

How about you look at the facts. Iran has the 2nd largest population of Jews in the Mid East. Second only to Israel. They are represented in government, have equal rights, have a Jewish hospital, a dozen synagogues in Tehran alone, with another dozen throughout the country, a Jewish research library with twenty thousand books, Hebrew schools, kosher shopping, and the Islamic courts even accept Jewish burial rites and divorce proceedings.

Oh, and wealthy Israelis are paying 30k a head for Jews to leave Iran for Israel or California. guess what, a grand total of 40 accepted in 2007, but the general feeling is not a positive one.

In August 2007, the Iranian Jews in Iran, responded by saying they "resent such transparent political enticements."

Also, most Iranian Jews leave for economic, rather than political or religious reasons.

There was also a documentary I saw where they showed that while alcohol was illegal to consume for Muslims living in Iran, Iranian Jews were permitted by law to drink alcohol for their various festivals. I would say this contradicts somewhat a lot of the things the media says about Iran and its leaders. Not saying they are the most friendly and trustworthy nation, but still this is quite telling at the least.

As for your question, Iran would only use direct military action against Israel if they were certain they had most of the world's support before doing so. Iran has a rather clean history sheet in terms of conflicts with nations surrounding them. Thus, it is unfair to assume that they would attack Israel with a nuclear weapon even if they were able to produce such a weapon. If a credible threat was made or planned after acquiring nuclear capabilities, then this is a different matter. But they deserve the benefit of the doubt given their history.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Most smaller countries who attempt to aquire nuclear weapons do so to protect themselves from big bully countries.

Why do you think the allies attack Iraq,and leave North Korea alone?

If I was leader of a small country,I would want nukes to protect the country from too much outside influence.

Just the ownership of nuclear weapons acts as an effective deterrent against bigger potential foes-you don't have to threaten to use them.

The western world activley tries to stop ANY other country(except Isreal)from getting nukes,not because they think they will use them,rather they know that country would be much harder to influence.
Also countries like Iran and Africa are kept down by the west-Its a sad part of our capitalist system that its in our interests to have many poor deprived third world economies so ours can prosper from the cheap slave labour/corruption.

In fact its essential we have these third world states...If we don't have enough we make more by sowing chaos and death through wars.

Its a sad state of affairs,which self perpetuates the cycle of terorist threats and bogeymen.
There must be a fairer system...but who in TPTB wants a FAIR system?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Iranians have three problems. The first is the longing for a return to greatness as they enjoyed in the great Persian Empire. The old men tell stories and the education system reinforces just how great the Middle Eastern world was under Persian domination and influence.

The second problem Iran has is Islam. The great Persian Empire was devoid of a backward-assed, restrictive, violent religion as they now suffer under.

Not only does their religion limit and define a backward-assed behavior characteristic of constantly looking backwards, it REQUIRES them to conquer and kill all non-Muslims if they don't immediately convert.

Specifically, many of the Muslim writings document and reinforce the hatred Muhammed (an illiterate, narcissist, delusional) had toward Jews who dismissed his efforts to say his Moon-god was the same God of Israel. They knew better and laughed at his limited understanding, his illiteracy, and thus his mistakes in trying to blend the two.

So there is a religious predisposition by Muslims - be they Arab Muslims, or Persian Muslims - to destroy Israel.

The third problem Iran has is their uncontrollable emotions, and emotional outbursts that precludes any rational thinking.

These people traditionally rely more on emotion to carry them through a struggle, which is exactly why the Persians have been absolutely slaughtered all through history when they came up against much smaller, Western cultures.

This emotional energy can enable them to be easily steered toward their carefully prepared destruction - as has happened many times in the past.

As long as they fought other eastern tribes, they did OK. It was military idiot against military idiot.

Modern day Israel is a culture of Western immigrants, complete with all the characteristics that make the Western cultures successful in warfare. Innovation, individuality, concentration, cold, self-serving purpose, and are emboldened by concepts of free markets, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of expression - those very things Persian Muslims and Arab Muslims are NOT known for.

It isn't important whether or not "people" think Iran will use nukes against Israel.

It's only important whether or not Israel thinks Iran will use nukes against Israel.

And based on the multiple attacks from Arab Muslims since their inception, I'd say it's very likely that Iran's Muslim leaders would not hesitate.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Not only does their religion limit and define a backward-assed behavior characteristic of constantly looking backwards, it REQUIRES them to conquer and kill all non-Muslims if they don't immediately convert.

I provide evidence when asked, do you provide evidence when asked? Please do so, let's start this long discussion regarding your wild claims against Islam.

prove to me Islam is backwards and prove to me Islam requires "them to conquer and kill all non-Muslims if they don't immediately convert. "

We will start from there and then we will move to your other wild claims.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by oozyism

Well, tell me once Ahmadinejad used the word Israel, not Zionist regime. He clearly said "Soviet Union" in his example. But he never, ever, used the world Israel. So Zionist regime = Israel. If US president during cold war would say that Soviet Union would be wiped off the map, while developing H-bomb, my guess is that Soviet leaders would consider it as an exestential threat.
Iran uses Hizbollah against Israel, nobody can guarantee that the same religious Iranian regime that is waiting for Mahdi would not use nuclear weapons against Israel.
So in my opinion Israeli government is totally correct in all diplomatic attempts to stop Iranian nuclear program. As for military option, not that sure.

Even though he gave a simple explanation into what he meant by his words, you still don't believe his words, you believe your version of his words. Does that make sense?

Ahmadinejad: No. We say that the people of Palestine should have rights and when the people of Palestine exercise this right, this will happen.

Read what he says, I can't clarify any more.

Where is the Soviet Union? The Soviet Union has been wiped off the map. What happened to the Soviet Union? The decision of the people, the vote of the people. When the people of the Soviet Union, the Russian people, were allowed to decide to take charge of their destiny, the Soviet Union disappeared.

The Zionist regime is an artificial regime… a fictitious regime. You brought people from different parts of the world and you have built this state. No, that cannot last, it is not sustainable. If they do not listen to our solution, this will happen one day.

Read it over and over again until you believe the words of the person who recited these words, not the persons who narrated them.

Thanks for your time

oozy

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They would have to have nukes first before they could use them.

Iran = Member of NPT and no nukes
Israel = NOT Member of the NPT and HAS nukes

I'll let you figure out who is more dangerous.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Let's see here... If Iran had nukes would they use them on Israel? Well, one could certainly hope - just kidding. But let's face it, no more Israel and many, if not most of the ME problems simply disappear.

No, the real threat is the fact that Israel already has nukes and has a demostrated propensity toward meddling in everyone else's affairs. israel has demonstrated time and again that they are willing to kill innocent people to further their agenda. I trust the Iranians FAR more than I trust Israel!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join