It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBC lies to force the chip, a personal story!

page: 1

join
share:
XL5

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My mom just got a call today by RBC asking that she calls a phone number to recieve important information concerning her bank card. So she called the number and it was automated and said that she used her card at some place that was under investigation (card fraud is assumed). It did not say her card was deactivated.

Then she called the bank and talked to a real person, the person on the other end said my moms card was deactivated because of some widespread card fraud. The NEW card she HAS to get has the chip, I'm not certain if its the RFID chip or the old phone card type of chip with the contact pads (I will find out tomorrow). The place that was under investigation was not named, other then the fact that illegal card readers were used two weeks ago! and then she gets called after the fact. Two weeks is long enough to forget where you used your card, alot of fraud can happen in two weeks. So why two weeks? They could have just asked, instead, they use a coverstory to force the chipped card.

Its not that I think the chip is the mark of the beast, its that it can be read at a distance of 10-50 feet compared to needing intimate contact, its the difference between a gun and a knife. If it wasn't bad enough with a magnetic strip, now they made it alot more easy to get the info and get away leaving no trace. This way there is no evedence left behind, no card reader, finger prints, software or witnesses

I have an RBC bank card too, but I don't use it other then at the bank its self to take out "real" cash, I wonder how long it will take them to come up with some way to get me to use the chip. A PS3 would be nice, since I can use a faraday shield to block any attempts at my card.

Posting this just so you know whats going on

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I will not get any chip in my body of any sort in my lifetime. I will refuse at all costs.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They are continuing the campaign to increase the capacity of their credit cards... and it will certainly be to their benefit.

Your data is wealth to them.

They will find a way to make all cards like this. Perhaps they won't even continue to produce cards without them. They are probably hard at work to convince legislators to make it a legal mandate, so they can get tax benefits for doing it.

I will resist the pressure to conduct my personal affairs under surveillance. No matter how it is disguised.

XL5

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I would never put one in my body either, but in a bank card with a PS3 as payment, sure. I can make RFID blockers so it would be alot safer. I would remove the chip from myself if they forced me to get it implanted before I start wearing copper mesh or tinfoil.

new topics

top topics

join