It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Derren Brown Predicted The Lottery Numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hi ALL

I am pretty sure this is how he did it.

Tv in the Uk is broadcast on analogue and digital the Digital signal is about 2 seconds behind the analogue one.
Derren could not show the numbers before the draw, now he showed the draw being done on a modern LCD/PLASMA tv most likely using the digital tuner NOW I did not see the show if he did not show the numbers picked at anytime before the draw this is how it would work.
He watches the draw on the tv on a digital signal one of his team watches it on another tv on the analogue signal they see the draw a couple of seconds before Darren NOW IF THE BALLS are out of view they could have wrote the winning numbers on them the 2 second delay would be enough time for them to get out the way after the last number was drawn.
I did not see the show myself but maybe someone can confirm if the balls with the winning numbers were always on view? if not I think this is how the trick was done.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
No one can predict the precise falling of the balls with so many random variables. Initial positioning, air currents, friction, misicule weight differences, etc.

If the guy somehow could predict such things he be the richest person in the world and have no need to do stunts on television.

M

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

What is the point of making this thread if you didnt watch it.

OF COURSE the balls were on show the whole time and there was LESS THAN A SECOND delay as i watched both of them live.

This was a completely pointless thread... i feel stupid for replying to it. But your speculating on a trick that you didnt see with the most obvious solution.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Hi ALL

I am pretty sure this is how he did it.

Tv in the Uk is broadcast on analogue and digital the Digital signal is about 2 seconds behind the analogue one.
Derren could not show the numbers before the draw, now he showed the draw being done on a modern LCD/PLASMA tv most likely using the digital tuner NOW I did not see the show if he did not show the numbers picked at anytime before the draw this is how it would work.
He watches the draw on the tv on a digital signal one of his team watches it on another tv on the analogue signal they see the draw a couple of seconds before Darren NOW IF THE BALLS are out of view they could have wrote the winning numbers on them the 2 second delay would be enough time for them to get out the way after the last number was drawn.
I did not see the show myself but maybe someone can confirm if the balls with the winning numbers were always on view? if not I think this is how the trick was done.

I think this vid explains it ( i am also going to watch it now).

[edit on 12-9-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FAQAmerica
What is the point of making this thread if you didnt watch it.

That is an excellent question.

top topics

join