It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found An RFID Chip In A Mark Levine Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
About 2 weeks ago, when I was returning home from vacation, I passed tthrough a small city There were a couple of books I had been meaning to get, but for some reason, I kept forgetting to order them on line.
Long story short, while I was in the store, I found a book I had heard of, but hadn't put it on my reading list. I shrugged my shoulders, and added it to the already substantial stack I had. (I am an incurable bookworm, and usually go over budget. That day was no exception.)
I checked out, finished the drive home, and picked up one of my new books. The first one off the top was the one I had not intended to buy. It was "Liberty and Tryanny" by Mark Levine. I started reading, and as is my want with politically oriented books, I'm underlining like crazy. Imagine my surprised, when I reached the end of the book, and found two RFID chips in the back of the book.
I actually felt a little paranoid for a couple of minutes. Then I thought about the other books I had bought. They were politically conservative books as well. I checked. No RFID chips.
Okay, why does the most conservative, the most critical of the three books have a chip, when the other authors aren't lightweights in the conservative arena?
Has anyone else had this happen? I know they use this stuff for theft prevention, but why only Levine's book?
(I bought some fiction, not even remotely political. No chips.?)
Feedback would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
got a pic of them?

second line

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I don't know what is scarier, the RFID chips in the back of the book or the fact that you read a book by Mark Levine cover-to-cover...that guy needs a lobotomy and a vasectomy.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Probably sensormatic tags that get deactivated during checkout. They put them in everything including books nowadays.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Seen them in many a beign msm book so I think its luck of the draw. Perhaps the publishing house of that title uses rfid warehousing?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
did it look like one of the following?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e2429a07a94.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25611fe9b632.jpg[/atsimg]

Yep rfid tags, but used for stock tracking and alarm system...mainly

[edit on 11-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Found An RFID Chip In A Mark Levine Book

I wouldn't place much if any significance on it being the only one out of how many that had an RFID tag(s). They're everywhere. It's just as likely the most recently printed/published book of the Lot. (?)

$.02

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You slow buddy? god im sick of nonsense threads on this site. the reliable stuff drowns in all the bullsh*t. sorry for the flame guy chin up. you'll be happy to know you can go buy the book, you'll live. Those chips are randomly placed in a few books to catch thiefs there are too many books to monitor them all. You should worry about WW3 instead

DENY IGNORANTS

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Actually, RFID is NOT just for theft protection; not anymore at least. It's to marketing more than anything else.

Wal-Marts were coersed onto the RFID bandwagon by Bush and Dept. of Defense at the beginning of his first term.

RFID is everywhere, it's no longer those thick huge strips and/or the square sticker with the metallic-paint-looking battery coils ... they've learned to miniaturize them so small they can be stuck INSIDE anything and never be found.

It's in apples (and consumed), in TV dinners to communicate with Internet to give instructions on how long to set the timer for, inside tires, in even in your underwear!

There are thousands of websites - here are just a few for you.

www.onlinesecurityauthority.com...

www.engadget.com...

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/02/03/MNM8UK3NH.DTL

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

They haven't figured out how to RFID your thoughts and dreams; but, they'll figure that out too!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Looked exactly like the one on the top. Like I said in my OP, I am a voracious reader, and bookstores get a lot of my money. This was the first book I've ever found with chips.
It's not that I care if anyone knows what I read. I'm open and above board about my political beliefs and I am an unabashed conservative of the old school. Besides, if they want to track me, I paid by credit card.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Actually, I found Mr Levine's ideas to be well thought out and written so the common person can understand them. I do not necessarily agree with everything he says, but I do believe he is on the right track.
We need to get back to the constitution, the way it was written. It says what it means and means what it says.

top topics

join