It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Observing 911 By Trying Not To Masturbate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

"If I don't masterbate today, should I also not masterbate on Pearl Harbor day too."

Ok, I starting the post off with a laugh
with that said I think this video is in very poor taste.

I just happened to laugh only on that part.

Do you think that they should not have made this due to it being in very bad taste?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I seen this yesterday on the onions website and my first thought was "how horrible"

very dissapointed that the onion did this.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's onion; take it for what it is.

I however see a very poignant insight into how overblown remembrance is very much like masturbation. A moment or two of silence is appropriate, but considering that some areas of the rest of the world have terror attacks once a week perhaps replaying the events of the day on 1 out of every 5 television channels is a little much. America is not the only country affected by the events of this day.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
thats pretty funny, and stupid at the same time
breaking news? this doesnt seem like news to me....at least not real news.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have always wondered. Who has the money to run a show like the Onion? They don't have enough advertisement on that website to pay for the professional looking production that is actually happening there. Not to mention salaries and other expenses. The question is, who really owns the Onion?

Never mind. They have 8 million subscribers. Sean Mills is the current owner.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by cloakndagger]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I see the point they are failing to make.
What is masturbation? What is a remembrance? Masturbation being the remembrance of the sexual act and trying to recreate that feeling.
Are they the same.
Shall I not masturbate?
What are you telling me to do by remembering?
I am confused.
I think I'll masturbate anyhow.

The joke is in poor taste and it is over-intellectualized.

For me personally, this day is a day that I get pissed off and drunk.
F-ing bastards in the Government use "training exercises" to scare people and gloat to themselves about how they pulled the biggest psychological heist of all time on their own constituents.
It is disgusting!

And not a laughing matter.
I DO NOT LIKE seeing the flag flying at half-mast.
The flag is BETTER THAN THAT. AND BETTER THAN THIS. AND BETTER THAN YOU. AND BETTER THAN ME!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I thought this very cleaver.

I saw it as an inditement of the 'falling into line' pervasive notion that no one should question the official version of that fateful day. That we must stand still, frozen on that day. That the horror of it must continue, so that the horror of it will continue to justify the actions of the American government.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Poor taste?

Try killing a dozen civilians in a drone attack. Now that's poor taste. Why do we get upset when someone swears on TV and not when our government murder people?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

I think you misunderstand me.
Of COURSE people need to be outraged with the Government.
The POOR taste is what is being remembered.
They are equating the remembrance of the act of sex with the act of treason against the will of the people of this nation.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Do you think that they should not have made this due to it being in very bad taste?

No. I don't think it's in bad taste at all.

Besides, think of it this way...they might have made a video about people celebrating the event by masturbating. For example...ejaculating exactly at 8:46 and 10:28.

That might have been in bad taste.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I mean yeah, they are poking at the idiots who are asleep.
I get that part of it.
But what I DON'T understand, and what they fail to understand themselves, is that the people who watch their broadcasts are largely asleep themselves.

So, in the end, this is something that makes them look stupid in the eyes of most and doesn't do anything to get their point across. Except for in the eyes of a few of us that "get it."

It does nothing to help the cause and in fact, makes a mockery of it, in the long run.

Sure it is funny to a few, but that isn't why I'm pissed about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The sign of our world in a steep decline....
:shk:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It is the Onion.

I had a hunch and checked the logo. Usually with videos like this it's the Onion.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
911 is a downer when you look at tv and all the propaganda and rememberances of all those poor people, victims of Bush and Cheney...

The last thing i'd do is masturbate,..... puke maybe.:shk:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Umm, I know it's The Onion and all, but did anyone think there was maybe a subtext to what they were doing/saying/asking?

Virtually everyone (pubescent onwards) masturbates, some more often than others, I'm guessing a hell of a lot of people daily... anyway, think of it as an act of self-denial. Like the 2 minutes silence - a time to be meditative and think about what happened, the loss etc... To actually take 1 day and to forgo something for 1 day shouldn't be that hard. Most cultures/religions have some kind of fasting event, (although not religious myself) I see this as a focus on certain aspects of that belief, self-denial maybe to focus on being greatful for what we do have?

I guess, The Onion MAYBE did it in a kind of vulgar way, but they're probably assuming a certain degree of understanding and comprehension from their audience.

Whether or not 9/11 was a governmental conspiracy, non-national terrorism, or whoever did it, it's still a horrible event that deserves a time of respect and contemplation for those that died.

new topics

top topics

join