It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock the planet 9.11.09, totally insane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was taking part in the "rock the planet" protest today. I was not some radical, I simply went to observe and take part in what was to be a peaceful protest. When I got to the area where the group was converging I counted about 12 people total, 4-5 picket signs. I parked my car and approached the group, talked to the leader, got in line on the sidewalk. The leader sounded really excited about protesting and excitedly told us that we need to fight to take back this country even if it meant violence.

Over the course of the next ten minutes the ringleader started yelling some weird stuff.
"Someone should F$#ing kill that (Rhymes with digger and begins with N) in the Whitehouse.")
"Join us or die by us"
With the racial slurs about the president came the wisdom of an old man in the group telling the ringleader to cool it down and that there was no need for violence.
After a few minutes a bum walked by, granted there are a lot of unemployed people begging in this city. The bum proceeded to beg for money from all of us, the ringleader of our group offered to give the bum a dollar. As soon as the ringleader opened his wallet, the protester closest to him grabbed the wallet and pulled out a police badge and held it up for the whole group to see.

Instatly the entire group clustered around the officer demanding an explanation. One larger and younger protestor pushed the ringleader towards the street yelling, "What the f##$ is this?" I have never seen a cop run so fast in my life, the dude ran to his car, started the motor, and peeled out.

After this incident the group decided to disband on the side of caution.

This scares me for many reasons.
What are the thoughts of ATS?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sounds to me like your "group" was almost duped by a local police officer trying to push your group from peaceful protest, to angry mob for an easy arrest or two. I would call him a plant, but a small group like that is hardly a place for a plant. Just my .02

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
sounds like the cop is trying to spark violence aimed at the protesters, in a way to where the protesters will be blamed.

that way he and his bud's can get some tazer practice in.

not to mention the MSN gets to spout that "conspiracy nuts" are becoming violent.

i hate manipulation like this, if your story is true, then i doubt its an isolated event.

hopefully calmer heads like the elderly gentlemen you mentioned will prevail in the end.

thanks for sharing. s&f

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Sounds like an agent provocateur.

Plain and simple.

My question would be to you, was whether he was the actual leader, or "assumed command" since others might have been less vocal?

Sure stupidity on his part if he in fact did something like that.

I have had people try to get me go along with nonsense before.

I do not join things, nor do I allow others to join, unless I have thoroughly investigated them.

Pure logic and common sense.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

[edit on 11-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
nobody took any pictures of all of this?
no cell phone pics? nothing?
Ugly pigs.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure this was a plant. I'm thinking that this was an idiot who has no real idea of what the minor protest was really about and just wanted to yell out his idiotic rhetoric. He was also a cop.

If he was a plant, I don't know what the point would be.

I'm glad your group was sensible enough to understand that the things he shouted were not was the cause was about.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
whoops, misread.

My opinion is much different now. haha.

Sounds like a bit of entrapment to me.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is why we need to be very careful.

TPTB/left/government/whatever are trying to label us all as racist, violent nut jobs.

Most of us want nothing more then a transparent government that abides by the constitution.

I really hope this was just a lone cop trying to pull a fast one so he could get as# patted his buddies back at the station (even if it was a lone cop makes my blood boil) but I highly doubt it.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow...this sounds like someone that either has motives that are different then the majority of protesters or a plant designed to incite violence. Funny thing is that most freedom loving people respect the laws of this country especially do not seek to inflict harm on one another.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This story shows the power we can have. Cause we as the people have the numbers... And look what the cop did.

top topics

join