It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you had a time machine and could go back to Sept 9th 2001?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Anybody ever watch the show Seven Days? What if you had access to a time machine and could make one trip back to September 9th 2001? What would you do? Could you stop 9-11?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I don't think you could. You wouldn't be able to go further back than when the first time machine was invented. It's the only way to avoid a paradox.

I don't see how one person could have made a difference in any of that. How could one person stop it? It might take quite a FEW trips to figure it out. But then what? The only thing it would change would be what was used to start these wars and take our rights.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Trying to convince people on Sept 9th 2001 of an attack on the US on that scale would have gotten you a free ticket to the nut house.

Although you could have called an FBI hot line and left a tip I suppose if it was done right and convincingly enough then maybe a few more lives could have been saved.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I would buy a ticket for one of those flights!!

I got divorced in 2004, so either I could save a lot of people, or I could go down fighting with them!!

Plus, I would know I was up against box cutters, and I would be prepared!!

Plus, I would find out if there was any hijacking after all!! Maybe they were crashed into the sea, or landed and off-loaded, or who knows what, and I would be prepared for a number of such scenarios!!

I totally agree with Slayer, no use calling the FBI or Airlines! They would ignore you first and prosecute you later!!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nope, no way to stop it unless you reincarnate as the president.

And this shows very well just how little power common people has to make a difference even when they know whats coming.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Anybody ever watch the show Seven Days? What if you had access to a time machine and could make one trip back to September 9th 2001? What would you do? Could you stop 9-11?

I think I would have waited at Logan and taken care of those bastards myself(assuming those people actually existed and it was not an inside job--which I do believe). I doubt you could convince a lot of people... I think you could avoid something.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Even if you could travel time, you would probably end up in a parallel dimension.

So even if you saved the day and prevented everything, it wouldn't affect us here.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah, all you would have needed to do was contact the hijackers and tell them you know about their plans in detail.

That would have stopped them.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Well assuming that I came back into the same timeline as we currently exist in, and that I could take back the information that I know, I would have called 3 of my buddies who trust me, gotten a couple of kidnap kits together (cargo vans, handcuffs, gags, hoods, etc), sent 2 to Dulles and taken one with me to Logan, and grabbed all the hijackers for holding.

That way when the official story came out, I could say BS, I have the "hijackers" right here...now what's the truth? because stopping the attack wouldn't be enough, I would want the exposure of those who planned and allowed it to happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Take a video camera and try and tape what was about to hit the Pentagon.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You couldn't stop 9/11, because time travelers and aliens would find you and cart you off if you said too much about it. Anyone that heard anything you said about it would be tracked down and carted off too.

Ever wonder why no time travelers came and clearly said that 9/11 was coming? Obviously they couldn't. John Titor tried it on the sly, though.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

John Titor said there would be a skyscraper missing from the New York skyline right?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Knowing that I probably couldn't stop it, I'd position myself such that
I could be at the Pentagon video taping "AA77".

I'd keep the tape for a few days without releasing it to MSM, or authorities
while making copies.

I would then mass distribute the material to investigating bodies like
p4T, AE911 and some alternative news sources.

The world would watch in awe as the aircraft passed over the Pentagon
as seen by Rosevelts Jr.

Could do the same for Shanksville "crash area", and either of the three
towers.

Would have been cool to have unedited footage/audio of explosives
going off before the plane hit.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
reply to post by MegaCurious

John Titor said there would be a skyscraper missing from the New York skyline right?

No, he did it like this:
-------------------------------
Posted by John Titor on 02-10-2001 09:49 AM

Waco, Ruby Ridge and Elian exist in your news archives. Telling you about impending place crashes or other disasters (provided I could give you exact dates and times) may save lives at one point but cause cascading changes that take others at a later point.
-------------------------------
The date of the posting is given as "02-11-2001" in some places though, which has been argued is to hint at 9/11/2001, as 11 - 2 = 9.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Assuming that all goes well with the time travel and I don't end up in a parallel dimension...this is what I would do.

First things first, smack my kitten on the butt for pooping in the house. Then it's on to business.

I would as quickly as possible get my uncles puddle jumper and fly into as many restricted air spaces as possible. I'm sure this will get their attention. When questioned I would do my best to persuade them. If for some strange reason it doesn't grab their attention...well...this is what I would do instead.
I would put a large crop circle of a plane and the roman numeral IX XI in my backyard. Take pictures...make copies....turn them in to [ewww] the MSM and...well...eventually write a book and be better off tha I am now!

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

That's quite possibly the best answer possible. lol

new topics

top topics

join