It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Abortion Activist Gunned Down Outside Michigan High School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Anti-Abortion Activist Gunned Down Outside Michigan High School

www.foxnews.com

A well-known anti-abortion activist was shot multiple times and killed Friday morning in front of a Michigan high school, and another man was shot and killed just miles away in what police are investigating as related incidents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Another teachable moment in the MSM. Now watch as they don't blame left wing hate mongering, or cover the story at all. I don't know if this shooting was related to the fact this guy was a well known anti-abortion activist, but we all know if he were pro-abortion the MSM would be all over it.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

These left-wing gun nuts and their hatred!!

Why can't we all just get along?

Seriously, this is an example of not having freedom of speech anymore.
Unless you're bashing Bush, hating the right, or banning fur.

The guy killed was probably a "domestic terrorist".

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A man is dead and all we care about is his political affiliation and media spin/coverage. Sad.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Apologies. After reading what I wrote, it did sound crass.

No excuse.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Don't take it personally. I just think today is a day we all tone down our rheteric. I'm no saint either.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

we're cool. I just have a "knee-jerk" reaction to events like this. Instead of seeing someone who just got killed, it turns into just a "jerk" reaction.

I still wonder about the reason, however.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Wimbly

These left-wing gun nuts and their hatred!!

Why can't we all just get along?

Seriously, this is an example of not having freedom of speech anymore.
Unless you're bashing Bush, hating the right, or banning fur.

The guy killed was probably a "domestic terrorist".

In the words of Chris Rock " What ever happened to Crazy ?!! "

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This type of behavior is a product of the manipulators that spout off and promote emotional issues as a means of creating intolerance and hatred to divide and conquer while issues that affect us all are swept under the carpet.... If abortion were illegal the practice would continue behind closed doors as it did in the past and a lot of women that couldn't afford to pay what a medical doctor taking the the risk would charge, will end up mangled or dead from seeking out a person not qualified and working in a less than suitable environment to perform the service.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Whats wrong with our country if it takes death for an opposed opinion?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
... and a lot of women that couldn't afford to pay what a medical doctor taking the the risk would charge, will end up mangled or dead from seeking out a person not qualified and working in a less than suitable environment to perform the service.

Never mind the mangled and dead babies, I guess?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

This type of behavior is a product of the manipulators that spout off and promote emotional issues as a means of creating intolerance and hatred to divide and conquer while issues that affect us all are swept under the carpet.... If abortion were illegal the practice would continue behind closed doors as it did in the past and a lot of women that couldn't afford to pay what a medical doctor taking the the risk would charge, will end up mangled or dead from seeking out a person not qualified and working in a less than suitable environment to perform the service.

What are you saying? That the killing was justified? You do realize this was an anti-abortion activist that was killed right? Not a pro-abortion activist.

I posted it, because if it were a pro-abortion killing, it would be all over the MSM with the headline "Right wing media pushes man to kill".

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Either way dead babies are going to be the result of abortion.... Making it against federal law is going to compound problems by forcing women that don't have the financial means to be on welfare raising unwanted children or possible death, and making those that have financial resources criminals.... Abortion will still be performed regardless as it has for centuries..... There is no way that a law is going to stop it and in fact it will create more profit for those willing to perform them.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by hypervigilant]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I don't think that this issue warrants all of the hatred that is spewed by either side and killing someone because they have take one side over the other makes no sense at all to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

Another teachable moment in the MSM. Now watch as they don't blame left wing hate mongering, or cover the story at all. I don't know if this shooting was related to the fact this guy was a well known anti-abortion activist, but we all know if he were pro-abortion the MSM would be all over it.

Hello

There is a shooting every day in the US. Sometimes it is gang related, sometimes it is because someone does not pay their debt to a Shylock, sometimes, it is a crime of passion, sometime, it is done by a disturb individual, sometimes, a woman suffers sever postpartum depression and kills her kids... Not to mention all the stabbings, slayings, strangulations or what ever creative way someone will find to end the life of another human being.

MSM not covering the story? From what I see, the given link is FOX NEWS, a major main stream media outlet. I fail to see how the MSM is not covering this story.

Regardless, the man seemed to have been shot over his views on the very touchy matter of pro life VS pro choice. On the second shooting that seems to be related, there is still no clear information coming forth as of yet.

They now have a suspect in custody. Until the suspect is charged for the crime and why, there is no need to scream foul play by the media for no one knows for sure if...

First, it is the actual shooter.

Second, no one as of yet has released information about the alleged killer views on abortion so there is no need to light the barrel of powder.

left wing hate mongering?

That is a pretty bold if not heinous statement, if not meant to inflame. May I venture to say that you, friend, might be a rep? May I even further dare say that using such a sad story because, someone is dead here, to further one political agenda is somewhat sickening?

Do we even know if the alleged shooter is of a different political spectrum than the victim own views or own allegiance?

Dare I even say that the way they choose to present this news is somewhat biased?

I know that these are a lot of question marks but the fact is, the only thing we do know is that the victim was a well known pro life activist, as for the rest, it is all speculation till there a serious investigation.

The news header could have only been "Man gunned down in front of Michigan high school" but instead, it is " Anti-Abortion activist..." which in itself is close to self leading, self serving news to promote an ongoing battle between freedom of choice and freedom of right for the unborn. Must have been a slow news day in Flint.

Be careful what the news feeds you and how they choose to feed it to you

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
*shrug* I dunno, I think it is about danged time that both sides start killing each other off...lol

If you are stupid enough to get worked up over abortion to the point of killing another human, then you deserve everything you get. At least when a pro-choice person does it, they don't look like a hypocrite.

Hmm... just noticed that Wimbly used the word "pro-abortion". Never met a pro-abortionist. There are actually people out there that *want* people to go out and abort theri babies? odd.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Hmm... just noticed that Wimbly used the word "pro-abortion". Never met a pro-abortionist. There are actually people out there that *want* people to go out and abort theri babies? odd.

Not that odd, just do an internet search with the words abortion and eugenics, and you can find stuff like this: abortion and eugenics

According to Margaret Sanger, a member of both the American Eugenics Society and the English Eugenics Society (and founder of Planned Parenthood, the United States' largest abortion provider): "Those least fit to carry on the race are increasing most rapidly ... Funds that should be used to raise the standard of our civilization are diverted to maintenance of those who should never have been born."

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

*shrug* I dunno, I think it is about danged time that both sides start killing each other off...lol

If you are stupid enough to get worked up over abortion to the point of killing another human, .

that is an interesting choice of words. anyone else catch the Irony in that?
No let me reword it!

If your stupid enough to get worked up over People Killing somthing that is not a Human to the point of killing another Human! Funny how some people see a unborn child as not a human being.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Ah.. okie dokie. I get that then.

So the guy who shot the anti-abortionist was in favor of eugenics? I must have missed that in the articles.

Interesting.. can't find it...

Ok, so that aside, the whole idea that the guy who shot him was either pro-choice or pro-abortion seems to be speculation...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

If you are stupid enough to get worked up over abortion to the point of killing another human, .

that is an interesting choice of words. anyone else catch the Irony in that?
No let me reword it!

If your stupid enough to get worked up over People Killing somthing that is not a Human to the point of killing another Human! Funny how some people see a unborn child as not a human being.

And yet here I am serious as all get out. I find it interesting that some people think that a creature that for all intents and purposes is a parasite and/or symbiote until it is forcibly removed/ejected from the body should have the same rights as a physically independant human.

But then in the end this is a religious matter. I don't worry about the souls of these kids, seems to me if they are needed on earth, they'll show up one way or another. *shrug*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join