It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Double Standard, FCC standards, Censorship, War Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I find it more than strange that the media focus on the prison abuse scandal in Iraq seems to be open topic in the media while the case of the beheading of an american citizen is too graphic to be shown.

With the current restrictions on US media and a crackdown on "shock jock"Howard Stern, why are they (News Media) so freely talking about graphic sexual abuse in such great detail and showing pictures of sex acts?... Where are the fines from the FCC now?

If Howard Stern or anyone other than the news media were to even talk about sexual situations such as has been discussed in the news media regarding the sexual abuse of Iraqis at the hands of US soldiers they'd be facing severe fines and possible suspension as a result of actions taken by the FCC under the control of Colon Powell's son.

Yet there has been talk of graphic sex acts at all hours of the day discussed in great detail and images shown in the media in the USA all called NEWS!... Meanwhile Howard Stern is fined for talking about similar sexual material?

It is ok for us as long as it is News?

Or is there are deeper agenda at work?

Don't get me wrong I am not a Howard Stern fan just pointing out the obvious double standard.

Now this same "news media" who thinks it is ok to show us scenes of graphic sex and discuss it in great detail, also thinks that we are unable to handle viewing the video of an American Citizen having his head sawed off on a short video.

There is something wrong here!

I am not usually a conspiracy theorist, but this stinks of some kind of political agenda here.

I just can't figure out which agenda is pushing what here.

What do you think they are trying to say to us here?

Do they want the Abuse stories to create an anti-war America?

Do they fear that if they broadcast the beheading of the American video there will be a shift to a more pro-war America?

And where are the FCC fines now on all of this graphic sexual content??

I was hoping through discussion here we could find some answers.

Gazz

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

join