It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michale Savage's Radio Empire Delt a Major Blow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Acid-tongued, conservative talk show host Michael Savage has been silenced in the very city he loves to whack -- San Francisco. The syndicated host of "Savage Nation'' has been dropped from local Clear Channel station KNEW-910 AM.

Link

As some of you may recall, Savage had a rather tumultuous split with his long time station 560 KSFO, when he was initially syndicated, that ended with him broadcasting on rival talk station 910 KNEW. [Which is now, or was, his 'flagship' station]

The million dollar question becomes, what bay area radio station will the nation's 3rd most popular talk show host end up on?

Link

910 KNEW’s decision is the latest blow to Savage’s efforts to spread hate. Last winter, following a campaign by the Council On American-Islamic Relations and Brave New Films, numerous advertisers ended their relationship with Savage, including Geico, Union Bank of California, and ITT Technical Institute. Savage has in the past advocated killing 100 million Muslims, compared President Jimmy Carter to Hitler, and has said that the U.S. Senate is “more histrionic than ever” because of the addition of female senators.

Link

I'm going to answer the very first question many of you have.

"Why did you take Michael Savage off the air?"

Here's your no-spin direct answer; we have decided to go in a different philosophical and ideological direction, featuring more contemporary content and more local information.
The Savage Nation does not fit into that vision.

Link

Well this is good news if you ask me. I have no outright hatred for the man but I do believe the type of 'talk' he presents on;ly causes problems.

The USA has enough hate at the moment and any reduction of flame fanning is a good thing. Maybe it will take some time to get the Savage Weiner back on the air giving some time for his followers to cool down.

All in all I think this is a good thing for the USA.

Enjoy.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Animal]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's one station in one area. I'm surprised that station in that area would air him at all. I'd figure the population would want view that more suits them. But then Air America has failed everywhere so maybe that population just doesnt listen to the radio?

These people gain and lose affiliates all the time. It's just business.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yaayy!

We're making progress.

Hey kids! Don't forget to support censorship in your home town.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
actually it was his 'flagship' station meaning were he broadcast from. it is not just loosing air in 'one area' it is loosing ones home.

this is also not censor ship, if he can find a place to broadcast his hate he can, 'denying ignorance' is not censorship, it is just ignoring people who would spread lies and hate.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

According to his site he's on:

S.F. BAY AREA LISTENERS!
SAVAGE IS LIVE ON KSTE,
650 ON THE DIAL

now.

Just business.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Animal

According to his site he's on:

S.F. BAY AREA LISTENERS!
SAVAGE IS LIVE ON KSTE,
650 ON THE DIAL

now.

Just business.

Well that is too bad. Well dare to dream. Some day the Weiner will fall.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I haven't heard Dr. Weiner in los Angeles for quite some time.

Savage may be popular, but I've seldom heard anyone so erratic and unstable on the air. The good Doctor can go from zero to two hundred on the hysteria scale in nothing flat. As I feel with so many "conservative' talk shows, it's not that they have different views from mine, but that guys like Savage, er Dr. Savage, just play on hatred and dishonesty, much like professional wrestling.
I guess thats the crowd they play to, after all, it's all about ratings and advertising revenue.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
is not censorship, it is just ignoring people who would spread lies and hate.

When you take it upon yourself to decide who gets to be the one to spread lies, hate or sunshine and buttercups, it IS censorship.

In my experience, the ones who are trying to shut somebody up are just as bad as the one they are trying to silence.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Censorship, my balls.

He isn't being censored, one of his employers decided to fire him, if that's censorship, then anyone who's been fired from a job can claim censorship..? Get off it.

Some people, I swear.... Listen, when you throw words like censorship, racist, Nazi, et cetera around just because you don't like what's happened, you lessen the meaning of the word, especially when that word doesn't apply.

So, if a radio station sees a drop in advertising revenue, listening audience, or perhaps the guy just doesn't show up for work on time, You don't know, his employer has the right to fire him, that does not equate to censorship at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Not a surprise. He will be back.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

I don't believe I've even mentioned liking Michael Savage or not, and I'm not concerned with his employment situation.

I've simply expressed my opinion on the fact that we don't have the right to curb anothers free speech based on our opinion of what he or she is saying.

Is there a problem with that?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
reply to post by uaocteaou

I don't believe I've even mentioned liking Michael Savage or not, and I'm not concerned with his employment situation.

I've simply expressed my opinion on the fact that we don't have the right to curb anothers free speech based on our opinion of what he or she is saying.

Is there a problem with that?

Was he making an income with the free speech you say is being curtailed? Then it wasn't free speech. It is speech that he was being paid for. Apparently that particular station no longer wishes to purchase that product for their listener base.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

that is the thing, no one is messing with his freedom of speech. they are messing with his 'profession'.

he is loosing his ability to 'practice' his 'profession' not his ability to say what ever he wants.

people are interfering with his ability to say what ever he wants professionally because they disagree with the types of things he says but this is equally 'their' right.

uaocteaou had it right, many seem to call out such actions as somehow inappropriate and an intrusion on someone's rights when it is simply the right of another being exercised.

i could care less what dr. weiner has to say i do think however it is tragic he gets paid to say it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

i could care less what dr. weiner has to say

Oh really?

I do believe the type of 'talk' he presents on;ly causes problems.

The USA has enough hate at the moment and any reduction of flame fanning is a good thing. Maybe it will take some time to get the Savage Weiner back on the air giving some time for his followers to cool down.

You could care less?

No matter.

My first post still stands.

[edit on 113030p://f07Friday by badgerprints]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

lets put that back into context shall we:

"i could care less what dr. weiner has to say i do think however it is tragic he gets paid to say it."

and i would add: "that he gets a stage to say it on"

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

We can go on all day but I think we both have an honest point of view.

I think he's crazier than a bedbug myself but both sides have em.

I just get a little squinky when somebody is happy that another opinion has been squashed.

I will leave you to it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I listen to him every now & then while in the car at night. He's a little different but can be entertaining. Every time I've heard him attacked by the left side they twist his words WAAAY! wrong. Either that or my hearing and memory have made that slide off the edge.

He's got his agenda and a bunch of folks go along with it. It's what pays the bills.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
Censorship, my balls.

He isn't being censored, one of his employers decided to fire him, if that's censorship, then anyone who's been fired from a job can claim censorship..? Get off it.

There have been many instances where people have gotten fired and these people turn back around and cry racism.

If the definition of one word can change, why not the other?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Savage is a clown that isn't even funny anymore.

Hopefully hate radio goes out of style and they all have to get real jobs

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Yawn, must people on the left get so worked up about conservative radio hosts? Radio Empire....Major Blow? You'd think they were actually scared of them or something. If you don't like what the person has to say.....don't listen to them. I only listen to Air America occasionally when I want a chuckle, and most of the time I can't even find anything to chuckle about.

I tend not to listen to Savage as his radio persona and show is a little trying to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join