It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

www.mlive.com

OWOSSO, Michigan -- State police at the Corunna post have confirmed a well-known anti-abortion activist was shot multiple times and killed this morning in front of Owosso High School.

The victim's identity has not yet been released but the shooting occurred around 7:30 a.m., after most students were off the buses and safely inside the building, said Owosso schools transportation supervisor Jayne Campbell.

State police also confirmed that a suspect was taken into custody about 8:15 a.m. at the suspect's home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I dont really care one way or the other about abortion. If you want to abort go ahead and abort and if you dont want to dont. If you are worried some god is going to lay the heavy on you that's fine and if you think a god is going to lay the heavy on someone else go ahead and mention it to them but if they dont want to hear stop being a pest about it.

Regardless, I didnt see this up here yet and I always hope that a 'contra' situation like this can shut up the fools who go around blaming a side of something for an action rather than the individual you acted.

Those crazy violent pro-choice people

www.mlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I wonder if their anti-abortion activities even had anything to do with the shooting, .... is that all that defines this person ?? I'm sure they were much more than that.

Any act of violence is never worth it. People fighting, and dying, over imaginary rules, and morals. Turning this playground of immortals into a hell not filled with flames and demons, .... but concepts, and ignorance.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Interesting, I've found an update:

OWOSSO, Michigan -- Owosso Police Chief Michael Compeau said it appears the Shiawassee County Sheriff's Department is investigating a second homicide this morning that may be related to the shooting that occurred in front of Owosso High School.

State police confirmed the second apparent homicide was at or near Fuoss Gravel Pit on Busha Road near M-21 in Owosso Township.

Link

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Maybe just some lunatic joyriding around taking pot-shots at folks standing by?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm pretty sure there had to have been a motive. I'm just making assumptions here but I think a random spree would be later in the day, after the shooter intoxicates himself.

Also, if it were random, then why not enter the school?

This sounds like someone had been planning these homicides and wanted to do it as soon as possible today. We'll have to wait and see if the victims were at all related.

EDIT: They're having a press meeting at 11:00 or so, I believe

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I dont really care one way or the other about abortion. If you want to abort go ahead and abort and if you dont want to dont.

Then you are pro-choice, and by definition, you DO have a position.

PS - I agree with that position

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Any act of violence is never worth it.

That's one of the most naive and dangerous lies ever perpetrated on society in general and American in particular, a collective "defanging" of the masses, and I hope you realize the flaws in such thinking before you ever have to defend something you hold dear, but that's for another discussion. There are plenty of things in this world - good, decent things - that are worth any amount of black, hateful, terminal violence. But I will agree with you and say that this is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
Any act of violence is never worth it.

Thank you. You've just negated Nature.

"Peace" and "nonviolence" are purely human concepts that exist nowhere else in all of Nature.

As with all human concepts, peace and nonviolence do not and cannot exist without human enforcement.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Not to sound uncaring or whatever, but maybe the hardcore anti abortionists that shoot doctors will now stop and think about next time they want to blow some doctors brains out.

What I mean to say is, the hardcore anti abortionists think it's ok to kill these guys. not saying this person was one of those, but this might be a wake up call to them that that kind of behavior is unacceptable.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Finn1916]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wonder if Obama is gonna denounce this act of violence.

I wonder if NARAL, NOW, and and these feminist, pro abortion groups will be blamed for fanning the hate against pro-lifers.

Does this mean that pro-abortion groups can go on government watch lists now?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

That would only be applicable if it were a doctor defending themselves against some nut resulting in the death of the nut.

As it stands if this situation was motivated by some pro-choice ideology it is much more likley to incite a retaliatory strike than to deter an attack on the doctor.

From the perspective of the anti-nut who would attack a doctor the doctor would be a 'murderer' who actively participated in the 'murder' of the unborn. If this is what justifies the anti's murder of the doctor the anti would have a hard time making the connection between his act towards an individual who 'murdered' with his own hands and this murder of a man just holding a sign.

new topics

top topics

join