It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Armageddon weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
'Military history teaches us an important lesson,' warns statistician Peter Lewis: 'If a particular weapon system is to be stopped, it needs to be stopped early. The further advanced a weapon system becomes, the more difficult is its suppression. Once a programme has been funded, jobs and careers become linked to it. Bureaucratic inertia takes over. The best time to tackle a weapon is almost before it has left the inventor's mind.'
In a paper, 'The Road from Armageddon', Lewis describes a number of horrifying possible future weapons, about which military speculation has already begun. Some are for the distant future and require assembly in outer space, for instance anti-matter bombs ('the force of the explosion would be equivalent to 43 MT per kilogram of anti-matter destroyed, an efficiency far in excess of uranium or any other nuclear explosive') or black hole bombs ('military theorists have started to speculate about the possibility of using small black holes as weapons, by cutting off their supply of fresh material electrically').

Link

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
UP have you seen Dr. Strangelove
r how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

cuz in the movie the soviets have the doomsday device which wipes out all live, to live you have to live in a mine for a least 5 yrs, its a funny movie that you should see

heres a synposis
Link to movie site

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I saw this movie and I like it very much. Especially the end, when the USAF Lt-Col cow-boy is dropped with the H-bomb.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the backgroud music was pretty good 1 hr of ''when johnny comes marching home again"

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well you would think nukes and icbm's would be enough but of course we will not be satified till we can destory the universe and GOD him/her/it's self!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Off topic but...God cant be destroyed. Anyway how are they going to use "small" black holes as weapons? What they are willing to sacrifice themselves too?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
of course god cant be destroyed becuse it is not real
and i think small black hole bomobs should be produced.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Dr. Strangelove is my fav film and i think a few people that are a little gun ho (you know who you are) should sit down and watch it. You will have a great time and maybe learn somthing.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Off topic but...God cant be destroyed. Anyway how are they going to use "small" black holes as weapons? What they are willing to sacrifice themselves too?

Ah the sin of pride. God or Gods depending on your belief system can be destroyed. I don't believe so in my world view it does not exist past present or future. On the off chance I am wrong, can you save me a seat around the fire?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Crafty weapon developers in the thread "Your ideas for weapons?" I suggest a singularity bomb looks like they beat me to it with there black hole bomb curse them

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Anti-matter and black hole bombs? We hardly even know anything about what a black-hole actually does, and we are hoping to use it as a weapon?Crazy, crazy world...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The best new New Armageddon weapon would be a simple ,cheap and universally effective one that any country could make and use its called PEACE.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
UP have you seen Dr. Strangelove
r how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

cuz in the movie the soviets have the doomsday device which wipes out all live, to live you have to live in a mine for a least 5 yrs, its a funny movie that you should see

heres a synposis
Link to movie site

Dr. Strangeglove... I just registered, but that name sounds really farmiliar...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwh0
Dr. Strangelove is my fav film and i think a few people that are a little gun ho (you know who you are) should sit down and watch it. You will have a great time and maybe learn somthing.

This film is also one of my all time favorites.

And I did learn something from it:

I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.

(my hero
)

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Crazyhorse]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
How would a black hole bomb even work, wouldn't it take out the rest of the world as we know it?

E_T

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwh0

Originally posted by fusion360
How would a black hole bomb even work, wouldn't it take out the rest of the world as we know it?

Small blackholes "evaporate" fast.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Black holes? c'mon thats retarded.Currently the most promising millitary weapons consist of cannon and rifles(or a personal weapon of that nature) that use Light or sound for the method of destruction.The us millitary aready has a working sound cannon, and they are working to improve its ability for combat.Also of note are the sound "blasters" that are used for massive people damage,blowing thier eardrums, and at high amps "brain hemmoraging".The military is trying to "Clean" up thier killing methods.As radioactive land is useless.

new topics

top topics

join