It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Abuse Of Powers Over Breaking Wind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Police Abuse Of Powers Over Breaking Wind

www.ananova.com

An Austrian man has been fined £45 for breaking wind while he was being questioned by police officers.
Police in Graz said the laughter of passers-by humiliated them, giving them grounds to book Hansi Sporer, 20, under local anti police abuse laws.
"This was an abuse of a serious law intended to protect police officers from serious attacks by members of the public not some trivial incident. "In the end Mr Sporer decided it was easier and cheaper to pay the fine than it would be to fight it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Blatant abuse of police powers. No wonder they are becoming so despised.
Also sad it would cost the man more money than it was worth to fight the crime in court. Are fines like this in some cases just a revenue raiser, because most people see it more expensive to fight their charge than the fine itself, so they just cop it on the chin & pay it.

www.ananova.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-9-2009 by acrux]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Police are insane these days... I myself once choose to sit a traffic ticket out in jail rather than paying the 400$ dollar fine... While being booked one of the hacks started going nuts, asking me if I " Thought that was funny?" I had no idea what he was talking about and I told him so. Well He was dead convinced that I had broken wind by him... I hadn't and that fact amused me... This guy this jail house deputy was so paranoid about farts that he imagined I farted near him... He started going on and on about how this jail was gonna eat me up and how I should watch my back....

I did my VERY best not to laugh at him.

Cops are a different breed of folk.... and they seem deathly afraid of farts.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Quick question.

Would you fart in court?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Would you fart in court?

Only silent but deadlies, that way they can't prove who to blame.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by acrux]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Quote from Donnie Darko "when your asleep tonight, i'll fart in your face"

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
LOl funny post..you know, i had pondered on this..and ive come to 2 conclusions..IF you in fact, have relaesed a silent but deadly..you can remain silent like everyone else. The thing is, as soon as someone loks at you, everyone else deos too, not knowing 100% it was yuor fault for sure. The other, is to release it , and then immediatly look and blame someon else

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Quick question.

Would you fart in court?

Not now that I know what happens to people who yawn in court....

Six months jail.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I personally beleive farts are funny. When toddlers do it, parents seem to break out in laughter. As soon they become more aware of their natural bodily functions, adults teach their kids more or less how and when to fart. In your teens you then start to use them as attention getters or personal space makers when surrounded by idiots on parties. I consider a certain distance around my body as my own personal space and whoever invades it while I fart is at its own fault. So in this case I beleive the man subconciously felt threatend by the police and released subconciously his defense mechanism. A fart. Just like in nature a skunk does apparently the same. Surely there are other examples. The man took the fine and paid it. Case closed. Just glad he didn't get charged for releasing poisenous bioweapon gas. Maybe the next step before breaking the law of breathing around a police officer. What goes in must come out.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Of course i would.

Breaking wind, flatulence or farting is completely natural. As natural as sneezing.

OK, the resulting smell is not something that could be classed as pleasant, but what about B.O.? That smells worse to me...is that a crime now too?

If the police of any country cannot handle someone farting or giggling at them, they are definitely in the wrong job.
Will they run away crying like small children if someone have the cheek to swear at them i wonder?!!

I would suggest, the charge they brought to this man, would serve equally well for grounds for their dismissal from the police force

"Yes, my lord, the defendant was walking along the street, when the alleged crime took place. Witnesses have given statements, at least the witnesses that are not still too traumatized to speak, and have confirmed that this..person actually, broke wind with malice aforethought, deliberately...and had no consideration for his victims walking behind him".

What an animal...what have you to say in your own defense before i pass sentence upon your inhumane soul (places black cloth on head)?

"You shall be taken from here, to a place of execution to be carried out immediately, and may your god have mercy upon your smelly soul"

I can't make up my mind what is worse, the police for their idiotic behaviour, or the 'offender' for paying the money over.
Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

WHAT??!!

The world is getting even more insane!

Six months in jail for yawning in court?! You HAVE to be joking...aren't you?

Yawning is again, a completely natural bodily function, and unlike morons who think it's a sign of boredom of disinterest, it has evolved in A LOT of animal species for two distinct reasons.

Reasons why we yawn No. 1: We yawn as a signal that we should begin a sleep cycle. This is normally done in primate groups, but also occurs in a lot of other species. The leader or alpha male (Usually) yawns to signal to the rest of the group, that it's time to go to sleep.

No. 2: We yawn, and other species yawn in order to get more oxygen.
If our bodies are not getting enough oxygen, we yawn to draw in a large lungful of air, and replenish oxygen levels. It's a natural bodily response.

To say it is a crime, punishable by substantial prison time, is probably even more ridiculous than being fined for flatulence!

The judge must be a moron...i was going to say Baboon, but if he were, he would know what yawning was about...so in this case, the judge is less knowledgeable that a Baboon..

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hmmm
I could see a guy getting a fine if by chance he took a lighter and turned his fart into a big flame that then singed someone's beard or something.
But a plain old fart??
Cops ego's get bruised so easily these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Tip : Don't eat taco's before getting arrested.

Where is the breaking wind smlly ?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Hmmm? The legal status of flatus! :bnghd: :shk: What next?

Personal Disclosure: I'm going to go stand outside the copshop and laff my a$$ of at them. And I'll pass wind to pass the time!

P.S. I'm totally reminded of that monty pythons "I fart in your general direction!" line ...L.E.O's beware or I'll ....PULL MY FINGER!

top topics

join