It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the woods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hello friends, I'm going to share with you guys something extraordinary that happened with me a couple of months ago. It took me a while to share this because it was "hard to deal with" at first.

One day I decided to go hiking by myself to watch the sunset from the highest point around my area. I'd never went all the way through on this trail which is almost circular (you can get to the same place you started without coming back). The middle of the trail was the highest point where I wanted to reach for the sunset. I would guess that it would take around 4 hours to complete the entire trail without stopping.

As I got to the highest point I stopped until it was dark. When it got dark and the moon was shining I found the night very pleasant and thought it would be cool to continue the track all the way through. But then after walking a bit I realized that I'd never went that way and that I could easily get the wrong path specially since it was dark. So I thought that it was safer to just go back the same way that I came. To my surprise (as an inexperienced survivalist) everything was really different at night and I had no idea which way was the way back.

So there I was at night, lost in the woods without any knowledge or reference to guide myself home. I tried following random paths to see if I could recognize anything but I couldn't at all. It was dark and I was facing the opposite way that I walked before now, so all features of the trail were at least slightly different.

I started becoming a little bit anguished, afraid of having to sleep in the woods - something that was definitely not in my plans for that night. I had no cellphone or any other tool that could help me besides my mind which seemed pretty useless at that moment.

I looked for a place to sit, so that I could quiet my mind, be calm and distract myself by looking at the stars hoping that I would have an insight or a feeling of what to do or where to go.

Thats when the weirdness started happening. As I was looking at the skies (which was all around me) I started seeing strange lights. Let me tell you first that I live very close to a big city so there were lots of airplanes and moving lights in the sky besides all the stars. I was looking at the sky right after the sun went down and I noticed all the lights and observed how they had similar patterns (which clearly showed that they were human-made).

But then when I stopped to calm my mind at that moment of angst I started seeing lights that didn't fit the common patterns, they were blinking and squiggling oddly. Some that had regular patterns simply disappeared and seemed to reappear somewhere else. I started paying hard attention to these lights and forgot about my situation, they really caught my attention and I had a weird sensation that they were actually presenting themselves to me.

I couldn't tell how far or how big they were. It was dark, they were just lights and they moved in ways that I couldn't really understand. Their color was mostly yellowish/orangish. My eyes aren't the best so I couldn't really tell if they had a specific shape. They seemed like pure light to me.

So after a while observing them appear, disappear and move oddly I figured that it could be anything and that I was just wasting my time when I was in trouble. So there I was again thinking of what to do and where to go.

Suddenly I heard my name being shout like someone was using a megaphone far away and behind the bushes. I freaked out and looked in that direction. All I saw was this yellowish lonely star right on top of where I thought my name had come from. I looked at it and it blinked once. At this point I started thinking that my mind was playing tricks on me because I wanted to find my way back so bad.

I kept looking at that weird star asking myself what it was and if it was relevant at all. It blinked again. I was dumbfounded, started thinking that maybe someone or something was trying to communicate with me and help me out to find my way back.

I thought to myself "If this thing has intelligence and is trying to communicate with me I can probably communicate back. I'll ask for it to do something so that I have proof that its not only my mind playing tricks on me."

So I said/thought: "Okay, are you telling me which way I should go? I don't know how to get there where you are, I have two options to go from here and I don't know which trail to get. Could you come closer and show me which way is the right way?"

And bam. The star disappeared and another light appeared right on top of one of the trails (this time the light was more on the side of the mountain that in the sky, which made me wonder how close and how big these things really were).

I got serious goosebumps when this happened. After I had my "proof" though wild thoughts started coming from nowhere. I started thinking that those lights could be just "devilish entities" trying to mess with me and give me false hope while making me get even more lost then I already was. I have no idea why I thought of this, but I did.

I started becoming reluctant to follow the light and again sat down trying to clear my mind and be calm. One more time, I hear my name being yelled from behind the bushes. Now I was seriously getting freaked out. I was sure it was not my mind playing tricks, I was sure there was something weird happening and I really didn't know what the heck it was.

I thought how I was screwed already and that it didn't really matter if I got a little bit more screwed. I was lost, had nothing to lose taking a random path and seeing if it would take me where I needed to go so I followed the light.

After I decided to take the path the light vanished so I continued to walk until I saw something blinking again far away, seemed like it was showing me the direction I should keep focus on. It was blinking oddly, it was low, on the side of the mountain. I thought that it could be someone else hiking or perhaps some sort of cabin. All the time I was trying to keep thinking as logically as I could, even after the wild experiences that I just had.

So I had this idea, I took out my lighter and blinked it once to the light to see if anything would happen. And the light blinked back. I blinked twice. The light blinked twice. I blinked three times. The light blinked three times and started moving diagonal downhill, became red for a brief moment and vanished.

I thought it could be a ranger checking with me if I needed help. And that after three times blinking he figured I was in trouble and started coming towards me with a car (hence the downhill motion and the red light). I kept walking on my path that was heading towards this light. I was already starting to feel embarrassed thinking that I would have to be rescued and all when suddenly the light showed itself again in the same spot it was before.

At that moment I started recognizing where I was and that I had gotten the right path. I was happy and forgot about the lights until I was completely sure that I was good.

Then I finally got to the starting point of the trail that has a bench on an open area, great for stargazing. I sat there and started pondering about my adventure. Started thinking about how those lights appeared for me and helped me out. Suddenly I saw the hugest light I've seen that night. It was very very close, just on the other side of a small valley that separated us. Again "on the side of the mountain" instead of "in the sky".

Continues ....

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This time for my shock the light started coming towards me. It started becoming bigger and bigger, slowly coming at me. I could see some kind of fumes beneath the light, like there was a lot of heat coming from it. (Strange though that I could only see the fumes beneath since it looked to me like pure light). It was getting so close that my senses and instincts started getting all wild. This unknown weird thing was coming at me. I had no idea what it was, just knew that it was big and powerful.

I tried to think to myself that it was alright, that I meant no harm so the light would not harm me. I tried asking it what it want but I received no answer and it only kept coming towards me. I got an incredible rush of adrenaline, I was suddenly deeply afraid of actually knowing what that thing was. I couldn't think anymore I was just feeling some serious goosebumps and felt the urge to run away as fast as I could.

And thats what I did, I started running and I didn't even look back because I could sense that it was right behind me, trying to reach me. I was in panic. I could not think of myself coming to have such an experience like that. While I was running I started thinking why I was running. I figured the encounter would blow me away too hard. It would make me insane, I wouldn't know what to do afterwords, having the world that was taught to me shattered in pieces right in front of my eyes.

And that was it. After running like crazy after a few minutes I finally hit the road where there were houses and people around and didn't feel endangered anymore.

Its really weird that after having the lights helping me out I got so afraid of them. Until that day I thought all my fears could be easily conquered. I was so wrong.

So what do you guys make of all this? I'm not making it up, it really happened and it was real significant to me. I learned so much from that night even though I finished it with more questions then answers. Any ideas on what exactly those lights were? Has anybody had similar experiences?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So many stars and flags but no feedback!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What a cool post! Thank you for taking the time to write all this down and share your experience. You sound like a levelheaded, clear thinking person.

It kind of rings a bell with me. I've had several really weird encounters in my life with lights in the woods. Most of the time they were orange balls, and looked like solid, liquid things. They also exhibited very intelligent behavior.

One incident that kind of reminds me of your story, was that I was staying in a cabin with my brother in the woods in northern Wisconsin. I decided to go for a long hike at night. I didn't have a flashlight with me, but it was one of those really clear, full moon nights where you can pretty much see your way around. When I got pretty far out on the path, I started having thoughts about UFO encounters, and alien abductions (Of course! What else?), when I saw this really odd circle of fog way out in a field. It was kind of in a depression in the ground, and was about as big as a house. I'm sure there is a natural explanation for that, so I decided to leave paranoia behind and go walking into the field alone so I could stand out in the middle of it. The fog seemed kind of lit up by the light of the moon. It was just really neat.

Suddenly I had this really definite, kind of creepy feeling that I was surrounded by a presence. Like something powerful, but kindly was watching me. Again, this could all be explained away easily. I didn't feel like I was in any danger. I just looked up at the night sky with all the bright stars, and said "OK, I'm having a brief moment of courage alone in the dark. If there's somebody watching over me please show yourself".

At that instant a very bright, very large light shot across the sky, lighting up the clouds and the surrounding area. It just looked totally weird and out of place, and not really like meteors that I've seen before. It was so fast I almost missed it. It was completely silent. Suddenly, it seemed like every dog (or wolf?) for miles around gave up this really long, weird howl, almost like they were singing.

It was just a really profound experience, and I've never forgot it. If it was just something to do with nature, it was really really beautiful. Maybe somebody or something was just checking in to say "Hi"?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Life is interesting isn't it.

I know when members here say if they had an experience they wouldn't fear but as you now know fear is a human built in and it isn't something you can control no matter how much you think you can.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

All I can say is wow! It would have scared the bajesus out of me but I would never have been in the woods alone at night. LOL

I have read similar stories her at ATS about these lights communicating with the observer. I think they are some life form, where from I don't know? They may be similar to some orbs, from another dimension...I don't know. Part of me wanted you to stay and face the light but I would have ran too! LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I always had in mind that I wanted to be abducted and that was one of my goals in life. But when I had the opportunity I realized how dangerous that was, specially for my mental health!

When I was little I told my mom I wanted to be abducted. She told me that wasn't a good idea because people who were abducted came back retarded.

I think that stuck with me. I don't know. For those brief seconds that I had the light coming at me I had the weirdest sensation that if I had such and intense experience being so aware of it, it could change me so much that I could end up having trouble communicating with everyone I knew before.

I mean, the world I was previously in would cease to exist immediately.
I think that if I came back I would start getting obsessed with my experience.

I don't know. I just think I wasn't prepared for it. I believe I'm still not prepared. But my desire to be abducted and meet other worldly intelligent beings is still with me.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I don't think they wanted to abduct you more like merge with you.
Sort of like a Vulcan mind meld.
Just going on intutition here.
Still I would be apprehensive too. LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Well, when I say abduct I really just mean "taking me for a ride".
I think a Vulcan mind meld would fit into that idea.

I wish they came at me more slowly, stopping every now and then to give me time to center myself. But they came so fast and they seemed to have such a strong intent in getting to me that I got kinda freaked out.

I tried communicating with whatever it was while it was coming at me. I asked what it wanted, I said that I believed they didn't want any harm but that nonetheless they were scaring me. I got no feedback like with the lights I had encountered previously. It just kept coming...

Maybe next time I will be more courageous.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yeah they really need to learn a bit about personal space and a date and meal before intimacy. LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder if it was able to detect your fear, it seems like it was trying to communicate, but in a gentle way. The more I look into the UFO phenomenon, the more I suspect that most of these UFO sighting are plasma life forms.

On this thread I provide several links to scientific evidence that plasma life forms might exist, and several others have made contributions. If you care to check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I've see threads talking about these plasma life forms but never really looked into it.

Now that you mentioned it I read the threads and I'm intrigued.
It boggled my mind.
Sounds like the most reasonable explanation that I could get.

But I feel that the understanding of these things is far from complete.
I mean, why do these things rarely go public?
Why would they care to communicate with me?

Do you think they are highly intelligent and are attracted maybe to some kind of energy that some people can happen to release?

Its a damn trippy thought to think that life is not only carbon based.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That is a common story that has always been told through out the ages. Someone is lost, in a very dangerous situation. They hear their name called, and they follow the voice and it leads them to safety.

I would guess this one you encountered would be considered benevolent. Apparently it has some psychic ability to read your mind, detected that you were lost, and lead you to safety. It suggests a being far more advanced than we are.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Do you think I could go to the exact same place that it happened and try to mimic the event or call them somehow they would appear?

I don't know if I have the balls.

I could even take a camera...
Don't know if I need pure intentions to get in touch, though.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Geladinhu]

new topics

top topics

join