It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient people DO NOT get enough credit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I just want to start of by saing that ancient people dont get enough credit! We all think they were all stupid. Did you know that an Ancient Romandoctor, Galen performed brain surgery? I'm watching the history channel's "Ancient Discoveries." Right now they are showing it about an inventor from Alexandria Heron. He invetnted a steam engine, and automatic door apening system, and also many more inventions like the first coin operating vending machine And the Ancient Roman doctor, Galen performed brain surgeries. Here are links:
Heorn's Inventinos
Galen
Galen
So before you say ancient people werent that smart think again!

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Perhaps they did not invent these discoveries but merely rediscovered them?
Ancient artifacts hidden away from public view suggest that MODERN man existed long ago, but because the way history is taught it's kept secret.
So did they invent or were they simply finding what had been hidden, and is now again shown in the light of day.

Michael

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Ark-Angel]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I agree with you arkangel, we are simply rediscovering all these inventions imo.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I agree with you arkangel, we are simply rediscovering all these inventions imo.

What scares me about this is that we could make the same mistakes that threw away the technology we are again bringing out into the light. So it looks like we have learned nothing

Michael

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For anyone to condisend the ancestors of humankind, shows only the lack of appreciation for what is to come in the future.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You have NO idea just how far we underestimate them in my humble opinion. Check out my post under the Bible Archaeology thread.
Man once had 100% perfect all encompassing knowledge of physics, and fought a nuclear war. All of known history has been defined by the rebuilding of both sides, a civil war within one side (represented by the schism of Judaism into Christianity and Islam), and the new outbreak of hostilities between the original two sides, in WWII and the Cold war.
(In case your wondering, I believe the war to have been one, by our side. The probelm is that not all of us are on our side, thanks to that civil war I mentioned. Now a new war continues, essentially a holy war where in Muslims fight a semetic New World order and Christians play unwitting allies to the Jews which they too had split from.)

I digress, but my point is that ancient man was far smarter than us, and the events he set in motion dominate our world to this day.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
You have NO idea just how far we underestimate them in my humble opinion. Check out my post under the Bible Archaeology thread.
Man once had 100% perfect all encompassing knowledge of physics, and fought a nuclear war. All of known history has been defined by the rebuilding of both sides, a civil war within one side (represented by the schism of Judaism into Christianity and Islam), and the new outbreak of hostilities between the original two sides, in WWII and the Cold war.
(In case your wondering, I believe the war to have been one, by our side. The probelm is that not all of us are on our side, thanks to that civil war I mentioned. Now a new war continues, essentially a holy war where in Muslims fight a semetic New World order and Christians play unwitting allies to the Jews which they too had split from.)

I digress, but my point is that ancient man was far smarter than us, and the events he set in motion dominate our world to this day.

I wouldn't go that far in saying they had nukes! there would still be traces of a nuclear war.

I just want to say we do underestimate ancient poeple.
egyptians,mayans,greeks and sumeriens and other were a ll great civilisations.

we think we're better but were all getting obese looking at TV.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Most folks seem to pick up on the more extreme views of the ancients -- that they were simple shepherds that wandered around and nobody discovered much of anything till the Enlightenment (1700's) or that they were some sort of super beings who had marvelous technology and bombed themselves back to pre-stone age.

Niether is true.

They had some marvelous inventions that we haven't duplicated today simply because they're not that important in today's society (we don't know exactly how the Egyptians made faience, but we do know they had huge workshops for it. However, there's no rush to rediscover it since our subsequent ceramics are of higher quality and better and more consistant color. We don't know exactly how they put the pyramids together, but beyond historical curiosity there's no real need to understand since we can put together something similar (or larger) with modern construction methods.

The rumors of nuclear war are simply untrue. If there had been such a thing, we would see pockets of radioactivity without underlying ores; flat, slagged areas that covered a lot of territory.

We don't see that. Nor do we see melted and charred and abandoned artifacts.

Stories in ancient religious books are just that -- stories of how things came to be. Many should not be taken as truth... as for example, the story of the sun hiding in a cave and not coming out until a fat old goddess performed a raunchy dance.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I seen that show and I was amazed at the genius that ancient people had. I never knew that the steam engine, odometer, and a whole mess of other things were invented a long time ago.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark-Angel
Ancient artifacts hidden away from public view suggest that MODERN man existed long ago, but because the way history is taught it's kept secret.
So did they invent or were they simply finding what had been hidden, and is now again showen in the light of day.

Michael

Rediscover them? Modern man existed a long time ago?
I have heard things as this and only partly belived them.
Is there any proof?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Must of the reason that some ancient history is hidden is because it does not line up with bible time line. For anybody interested on more information I have a book that talks bout the Forbidden Archeology and the name is THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF THE HUMAN RACE by Michael A. Cremo and Richard L. Thompson It can be order in the internet.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
www.inquiring-mines.com...
Read towards the bottom where it talk about increased uranium deposits in coral and irregularities in C-14 dating.

www.geocities.com...
Read the whole thing, but beware of the liberal date assinged to Mahabharata. It is actually believed that the vedic epics were writtin in the middle of the first millenium BC.

I've even found articles by skeptics who do not dispute the existence of these sites, nor do they present any evidence of an asteroid (such as irridium at the site or a crater), just as they also do not present any evidence of uranium deposits at the sites.

I can't tell you who nuked who, nor can i prove that it even involved humans, but the evidence DOES exist, and who knows how much more remains under sea since the deluge.

I am not saying that ancient man was technologically superior to us. I'm saying he knew got a single physical equation from somewhere- the theory of everything. Man knew all physics before he developed metallurgy, construction, government, economics, etc. He may have known a few very simple, non technological tricks based on physics.
The following is not likely to be exactly true, but an example of the sort of scenario i envision (simple techniques producing an illusion of high technology because of high knowledge):

Man encounters aliens, and they want to mine Earth, and have man do the work. Man calls the union hall and says "hey boss, these guys want me to lift 50 tons of ore by myself, tell em it aint in the contract". The aliens show us how easy it is, teaching us how extremely simple tricks (which aren't obvious to us because they play on the 10 dimensional properties of matter and energy, rather than just the 3D ones that we are limited to understanding.) We learn that by performing some simple action we are setting an invisible process in motion in thsoe dimensions where we can not observe the consequences, and that the process in turn affects the observable world in the way we want.

Imagine that you lived on a sheet of paper- you are 2D. You are trying to move a drawing of a huge stone block towards the top of the paper, but it wont slide. Now I lean down from the incomprehensible world beyond (a different point in the 3rd dimension- above the paper- which you can not percieve) and I tell you to go get a drawing of a big rubber sheet and rub it up against the sides of your drawing of a block, because i know you're going to charge the block, and it's going to be attracted to objects up here in the 3rd dimension. You obey, and the block tries to jump up into the third dimension, but doesn't quite have what it takes to make it, so it comes crashing dwon again father up the paper. You rinse and repeat until the block is where you want, then you do the same process more gently, getting it to just hover as you guide it into place.

Now spend a few hours pondering a 4th or 5th dimension and get back to me later

PS- The sources of the Piri Reis map used aerial survey and spheric trigonometry before 4000BC! *repeats it over and over again until he's blue in the face*

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal

Originally posted by Ark-Angel
So did they invent or were they simply finding what had been hidden, and is now again showen in the light of day.

Michael

Rediscover them? Modern man existed a long time ago?
I have heard things as this and only partly belived them.
Is there any proof?

Michael Cremo

The Hidden History of the Human Race (The Condensed Edition of Forbidden Archeology)

Michael

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Very good, I am impress Ark-Angel, you have done homework.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Check out this website for ancient civilizations, posted by webmaster who visits all these places. Includes science, Torah Code, religion and much more with lots of photos from all over the world.

www.onealclan.com

top topics

join