It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(TTSSC)You Gotta See The Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Come Inside The Shows About To Start Its Guaranteed To Blow Your Head Apart!

“Seriously dude, are you going with her or what?” Greg asked with a smile as they watched the new girl walk from the bathroom back toward the production floor. She turned before she continued through the double doors and smiled at Brian, who admittedly was watching her butt. Greg was watching too but he quickly turned and busied himself with cleaning his wrenches as his face began to turn red. Brian blushed and smiled as he offered a quick wave of his hand. She turned and continued to her work station as the double doors closed behind her.

“What’s wrong with you man? She caught us.” Brian said as he punched his work mate’s shoulder. They both laughed and now Brian joined Greg in cleaning the tools they had just used.

“Well, are you gonna answer me or just keep acting like nothin’s goin on between you two?” Greg persisted. He knew something was up between them. He knew because Brian always spent more time by her machine with the preventative maintenance schedule they kept. He would leisurely go about changing supposedly worn belts and lubricating parts that just didn’t need lubricating. All the while they would be giggling and chatting. He was envious because that new chick was hot and she only seemed interested in Brian. She wouldn’t even talk to the other guys in the maintenance shop. Not only that, but Brian stopped showing up at the bar on Tuesday nights where they would ritually meet and play pool. He knew that Brian had to be seeing her.

“Look dude, I’m seeing her alright? That’s all I’m gonna say. About two months ago the both of us have been hanging out. We went to the movies a couple nights and we just hung out at my place a couple nights. A couple of nights we hung out at her place. No big deal. She’s pretty cool.” Brian offered this as his answer as he tried to dismiss the persistent questioning.

Deep down, Brian was jumping for joy. That chick was hot and he knew it. All the other guys must be jealous of him and he had to play it cool. He never thought in his wildest dreams that he would end up with such an awesome chick. They had a lot in common and she seemed to know just what he wanted to do before he even asked, in every aspect of a guy and girl relationship. She was the perfect specimen as the guys would often joke about when they saw a good looking girl. Brian was in love with her but he couldn’t let on.

She had started working at the plant about three months back. Everyone noticed her right away and made comments. Everyone tried to hook up with her, even the floor supervisors, but she would have no part of them. She kept to herself and did her job as all the guys would gawk at her. It wasn’t until her respooling machine came up on the computer for scheduled maintenance that Brian was brave enough to talk to her. They hit it off right away. She was intriguing to him in every area.

She had moved to Brian’s town from Sacramento because her job there had closed down. She then made the move to this area because it was cheaper and she wanted to start over. She had never been married and had no kids, and better yet, she didn’t have a boyfriend. Brian’s luck was unbelievable. From that point on, they spent all of their free time with each other. Their relationship was blossoming but here at work they had to keep it professional.

“You lucky dog! I mean really, what in the world does she see in you? Look at me; I’m taller and much more handsome.” Greg said as he straightened up and then started to laugh. Well, Brian deserved a break like that anyway. At least she was with a guy from the maintenance shop and not with one of the bosses. That would really tick him off. Good for Brian. Greg just wished he would share some details of their time alone together. Greg wanted to hear something juicy.

“Hey, she has good taste, what can I say?” Brian dropped the wrench he was polishing back into the drawer that it belonged in. “Besides, who else could keep up with that motor of hers?” Brian teased Greg. He knew what he really wanted hear but he wasn’t about to divulge anything.

Just then, the end of the shift alarm sounded and everyone started toward the time clock. “Looks, like we’re done here dude. I’ll bring this back to the shop, go ahead and wash up.” Brian offered as he began to roll the tool box back toward the maintenance area. Greg smiled and headed toward the bathroom. “Lucky stiff! You lucky stiff.” Greg said as he was walking and rolling up his sleeves. He stopped suddenly and turned.

“Dude, are you gonna make it on Saturday? Remember, my place, big party?” Greg stood waiting for a response from Brian who had stopped and turned as he seemed to be thinking.

“No, man I’m sorry, I forgot all about that. I’m going to see that Afghan Preacher guy at the stadium that night. Jen already bought tickets and is really into that guy. She begged me to go and I told her I would. I can’t tell her I’d rather go to your party; she already paid for the tickets. Man I’m really sorry.” Brian was genuinely sorry that he forgot, but there was no way he was going disrupt his and Jen’s plans that night for a goofy beer party.

“Yeah, yeah I understand. The times they are a changing! Go enjoy listening to how the whole world is one crap. I’ll be thinkin about you as I’m havin my eighteenth beer. Knucklehead!” Greg turned and continued on toward the bathroom. He couldn’t blame Brian, that chick was hot and he would do the same thing. He wondered if Brian would mind collecting some of her bath water so he could drink it. He laughed at this idea and wondered how Brian would react if he asked him.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Brian wasn’t really sure what the Afghan Preacher guy was all about. He knew from the news that the guy was very popular all around the world. He was supposedly responsible for ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He knew that the guy wrote a book called JaWriting. It was so popular and accepted that it became a mandatory curriculum in schools all around the world. The guy was trying to convince everyone that the whole world should unite under a one world chair or something along these lines. It had something to do with the seven continents and a one world government. He was going to listen to him speak because Jen was into this type of stuff. Why not, maybe he’d learn something. At least he’d be with her and find out more about what interested her. He couldn’t wait to meet up with her.

The Afghan preacher rose to prominence through the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. He was the voice of reason above all of the violence that had killed so many. He single handedly reigned in the terrorist mentality of the Jihadists and brought peace to the lands that no military force could. The occupying forces saw no need in continuing their presence and the Afghan Preacher’s words were able to unite cultures like no other person in history. His popularity had spread worldwide and people now flocked to his assemblies. His influence was so great that world leaders began taking notice.

His logic was that we are all human and that we needed one another to survive. The simplicity of his message was like a much needed feast to a starving world that had no answers. People realized that his was a message of peace and restoration. The Afghan Preacher was slowly changing the world and he was on his way to the United States. Brian and Jen would be there to hear him speak.

Brian laughed at himself. He would never be going to something like this if it wasn’t for Jen. Hell, there were a lot of things he wouldn’t be doing if it wasn’t for her. He laughed about that too. Some of the nights they spent together were strange though. He remembered bizarre dreams sometimes when they had spent the night together. A lot of strange dreams seemed to occur when they crashed with each other. Brian dismissed these as nothing really, he was used to being alone and having someone to spend the night with probably brought these things on. He was sure they would pass.

It was time for the assembly and it was a sold out show. Jen had bought the tickets early enough to get pretty good seats. She didn’t believe many people would be sitting anyway. Her enthusiasm was contagious and even Brian couldn’t wait for the Afghan Preacher now.

They were sitting in the stadium listening to a distant drum roll that reverberated around the massive complex. Laser lights shone from high above and scattered across the platform where the Preacher would address the huge crowds. Smoke machines provided a blanket of fog over the stage that poured from its edge and rolled into the crowd. The anticipation was palpable and everyone couldn’t wait to see the Afghan Preacher. Brian could feel his heartbeat in his ears and he tingled with excitement. He tried not to seem so giddy, but he knew darn well that everyone else was feeling the same thing. This was pretty cool.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Suddenly the stadium went dark and all noise from the sound systems had ceased. In that instant it felt as if the place grew colder. Then, with a flash and a thunderous boom, the stage was illuminated with bright fluorescent light and the Afghan Preacher stood in front of a microphone with his arms raised. The crowds all cheered in unison and everyone started to stand and applaud.

Brian couldn’t believe all the excitement and he suddenly felt grateful for Jen’s idea of going to see this guy. He stood up and began to clap as well with a smile that he simply could not stop. This must be something because Brian hadn’t expected this kind of energy from a Preacher. He couldn’t wait to hear what this guy was going to say. The cheers slowly subsided as the Afghan Preacher used his arms in a downward waving motion to silence the applause. It was now quiet enough to begin.

“Thank you kind people. Thank you. I must, before I begin, tell you something very serious. It is about my message.” The words echoed across the stadium and just his opening statement had everyone captivated. He continued.

“This message comes from you. Not from me. It is your message that I convey. You have bought me this message in your collective will and I am only here to send it back to you and affirm what all of your hearts have already figured out. So please, turn to one another and thank each other for this message of love and peace that is emerging from the darkness that has blinded us for so long. It is your message and I believe you all know that already.” He gestured toward the crowd.

Everyone turned and shook hands. Some hugged and even more were crying. Brian turned and extended a hand toward a burly looking man who had tears in his eyes. The guy pulled Brian to himself and hugged him as he sobbed softly and called him friend. Brian couldn’t help but be swept up in the emotion of the event and he returned the hug and even called the guy friend back. There really was something about this Afghan Preacher, huh? The salutations were now ending and everyone directed their attention back toward the stage.

“I have seen the worst of what isolating our brothers around the world can do. I have seen what turning a blind eye to someone’s concerns and fears have done to this world for too long. We are all human and we need each other. It is as plain as the nose on our faces. We cannot be whole by ignoring the needs of our friends in other lands. It is this indifference to our fellow man that has eaten us alive! I am working with your world leaders to unite all of mankind. Imagine all seven continents under one common law and guardianship. We can be aware of our distant neighbor’s problems and work together to bring them comfort as one unified force. The wages of continuing on as before are terrorism and hatred. We cannot allow religious ideology or unfounded fears to stop us in our progress. We must tell our leaders to unite under a one world chair. A world chair that oversees the needs of the many and acts to fulfill those needs collectively. To bring comfort and healing to those who require it.” Everyone in the crowd stood again and began clapping and cheering.

They understood what the Afghan Preacher was saying. They understood and wanted him to bring the change. Brian was entranced at this point, and Jen began poking him in the ribs. He snapped out of it and turned to her.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Revelation 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

“Brian, here, you forgot your notebook. Take it.” She handed Brian a small red spiral notebook. He took it slowly trying to remember what it was about. He looked at quizzically then turned the front cover over. That’s right, he did forget it. It was a good thing she had remembered it. Brian began making his way toward the stage. Jen gathered her things and made her way to the exit.

High above the crowds, in one of the private luxury box seats, sat a solitary man. His face was expressionless and he sat straight, viewing the event as if studying a set of mathematical equations. In his ear was a Bluetooth device and he waited for his status reports. The device crackled then softly beeped as it picked up the transmission.

“Psychotronics are fully engaged and absorption is high. Transmission of this event is booming worldwide. You are witnessing the culmination of extensive testing and research. Jim Jones, Manson, Heaven’s Gate, Koresh and all the others are right here gentlemen. Jester is pleased. Stand by for the solution.” The earpiece beeped softly.

“I know the fear of change. I know that it does not come easy. I know that this continent has struggled with past injustices done in the name of peace. It has decimated your lands. Your economy is ruin, but I tell you that I have seen the cure and it is at your fingertips. Your technology centers have devised a system whereby mankind will never see poverty again. I have seen its potential and it is the way we will unite all of mankind. It was not some God from high above that devised this cure. It was you.” The Afghan Preacher pointed to the crowds and they cheered in response. Brian methodically twisted and turned through the crowds, forcing himself through the cheering bodies toward the front of the stage.

“Do you want to have eternal life? I tell you now that this will happen! This does not come from some book that promises and does not deliver. This is for real and you have made it happen! Do you want your needs met before they become dire emergencies? I tell you now that this will happen! Do you want to be free of debt and free to pursue that which is important in life? I tell you now that this will happen! These are not fairy tales but facts and it has come from you!” The crowd could stand it no more and began to roar in acceptance of the Afghan Preacher’s plans.

The Afghan Preacher was in mid sentence when he noticed the distraught man that had made his way to the front. The man’s arm was extended and a pistol was aimed directly at him. He instinctively raised his right hand so as to make him halt but the shot had already rung out. The bullet passed through his right hand and into his forehead. The Afghan Preacher fell backward and Brian was tackled by security.

From the safety of the luxury box seat the lone man watched coldly. His earpiece beeped softly. He turned and watched the crowds scattering from their seats and running for the exits as he listened to his message.

“Well done gentlemen. Phase two is engaged. Anomaly is a go. Jester is very pleased.” The earpiece beeped softly. The man would wait for the crowds to disperse. He sat back and smiled.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Brian’s image was plastered all over the news. The people demanded an investigation as to how this was allowed to happen. It was reported that the weapon had been staged in the stadium by a cohort of Brian’s who worked for the janitorial crews. This guy was reported to be a Muslim fanatic. Nobody ever really knew him. He was just an image on the news.

On Brian’s person, it was reported, that a notebook filled with deciphered words was found. A code was found in the note book as well. In the code numbers were assigned to letters by sixes. A being six and B being twelve and C being eighteen and so on. Afghan Preacher was calculated to be six hundred and sixty six. As was Jawriting and World Chair. A lot of other words were calculated and no one could make sense of what this terrorist had done and why.

In Brian’s house they recovered his computer and found that he had been thoroughly into end time prophecy websites. They found numerous weapons and Bibles. It was reported that he was simply a Christian terrorist. The two of them were exactly what the Afghan Preacher was trying to rid the world of.

As for Jen, there was no mention of her. There was no paper trail of her at the plant. Human resources would have no evidence of her employment or existence. The workers there figured that the event was so traumatic that she just left. There was no mention of her going to the assembly with Brian. She had work to do elsewhere and she was a busy woman.

The Afghan Preacher almost died. He had been taken to the hospital where the latest technological advances were applied. He lived on from a wheel chair and spoke on a very limited basis through a computer which was linked to his brain. He had someone else to speak for him now and he would appear with his speaker at assemblies to give the masses hope. His message of salvation lived on. A year after his near death experience he arrived with his speaker at the same stadium. It was another sold out show.

“The Afghan Preacher has survived this attack because of your hope for a better world! His message was for peace and for this he was attacked by extremists. If we are to see his message of unity come true we must rid ourselves of those who do not want peace, but how do we know who is really ours? Look at your Afghan Preacher and see his wounds. I submit to you that we will never forget this attack and the evil that brought it to us. I am going to mark myself! In the same way the Afghan preacher has been wounded to show my allegiance to his dream. I want the world to know that I am not an extremist and that I am part of this world!” The speaker was more eloquent than even the Afghan Preacher was in his prime. The crowds cheered in agreement with him.

The speaker went on to explain how the technological advances of the peoples continent have made it possible for them to root out those who do not belong. He raised his hands to the skies as a laser was fired from a satellite and burned a life size portrait of Brian to ashes before the awestruck crowds. The event was seen worldwide through the media and absorption was high. The people, soon after this, would begin marking themselves in their right hand or forehead through surgery or tattoos. Some would get scarring procedures done to replicate the wounds. Some would get tattoos with the new insignia of the world government that the Afghan Preacher helped bring about. Whatever was more fashionable at the time and God help those who didn’t want to mark themselves.

The luxury box seat was occupied by the same individual that was occupying it last year. He waited for his status reports. His earpiece beeped softly.

“Anomaly has the reign’s boys. He’s driving them home. Wait for it. Jester is very pleased.”

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Link to external source used in opening post:

Karn evil 9 - Emerson Lake and Palmer - www.metrolyrics.com...

Well that was one story I had been working on for a while and never really got back to. I decided to post it and use it in the contest. I wanted to come up with a really factual mark for the end, but that will have to suffice.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I just had to add some after reading music to this. Please enjoy.

It's guaranteed to blow your head apart.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Jack, your writing is bar none.
Superb.
In this story, I sense something much deeper than your words convey.
I cannot put my finger on it though.
A perfect twist.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Where do I begin? I could explain everything in the story but it would take a little while to do. It would be a long post. The reason you feel there is something that you cannot put your finger on is because there is something else to it. Let me think about it and I promise I'll reveal it soon. It cannot be explained easily I'm afraid.

Edited to add an attempt at an explanation.

Brian, if you could not tell, was the victim of mind control. Hypnosis actually. He had been programmed by Jen. Notice how she set him in motion with the notebook. This is a known technique. It could have been anything, but it was better that he had the "evidence" on him. He wasn't into end time prophecy at all. That was all staged at his house. He was no Christian fanatic. He was a victim.

Jen was an agent. A very good one. Her job was to program a subject to be an assassin. Brian fit the bill. He wasn't up on current events and could care less about them. Remember, he would never have gone to the event if it were not for Jen.

The Afghan Preacher was a victim too. He was a working product. He was able to influence large crowds and was programmed to convey a specific message. He was the product of years of testing and research as noted in the story and he was a great product. This product would have continued and continued until he breathed his last. Thus the need for the solution.

The anomaly was just that. He knew the plan before the planners and had it worked out already. No need for psychotronics when he was let loose. The Afghan Preacher had to be seen attacked by those who were not susceptible to the mind games. They had to be identified and vilified, the crowds had to be traumatized as they were. The Preacher was loved and he was attacked by those who could not be influenced. Then, the Anomaly could be let loose.

The seven headed beast mentioned in Revelations is actually the seven continents. The sea that it came out of was peoples nations and tongues. The woman who rode the beast is those very same peoples nations and tongues. Notice how the Preacher let the people know that the great advances in technology and even his message was their own.

Revelation 13:11-14 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

The Anomoly is the beast with two horns from the above passages. He is causing the world to worship the first beast, the Preacher, who was wounded. The Preacher represents the seven continental global government. I hope this makes sense to you. Notice how in the passages he makes fire come down from heaven. In the story he does the same thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Jack..thanks for the explanation.
Not what I meant though..
the deeper meaning is the reason you wrote it..the personal meaning.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Now I feel like a tool. The personal meaning behind writing it is easy. It is meant to entertain and make aware. That way if this stuff really does start to go down, maybe those who read this will make the correlation.

Not that I think it will go down specifically like the story, but the elements are there. We'll be a leg up on the events. If nothing like that ever happens, then damn I was entertained writing it, and I hope those who read it were entertained.

It's all in the title. You Gotta See The Show.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

What a great story Jackflap !! You are a much deeper person than I had realized.

I'm not even going to bother trying in this story contest. Its apparent to me I should just keep on crocheting . You are a very talented writer Sir.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Thank you for you kind words Magantice! I am displeased that this story has taken the wind out of your sails though. If anything, it should have inspired you to try to come up with a really great story.

You have the talent and now you have the motivation. Try to come up with a twist in a story line that will blow us out of the water. I am looking forward to reading more of your stuff. I enjoyed your last entry, and I really want you to submit something for this contest.

My cards are on the table, develop a better hand.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You've earned a star and flag from me for your efforts, jackflap. The contest asks for a twist, and a twist is what we got when Brian shoots the Afghan Preacher. Quite unexpected and diabolical. I can tell you spent some time writing this, with the end result being a substantial story - one that hungry readers such as myself can really sink our teeth into. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatwoods

Thanks Flatwoods! I thought about ending it there but couldn't. I had to explain matters. The interesting part is this was worked on for a while. The ending was added and took me a little bit. That whole thing with the code being found in his notebook I had figured out a while ago though.

A=6, B=12, C=18 and so on. That is some kind of weird code that people know about. If you assign the numbers to the letters throughout the whole alphabet, you then spell something. You than add up the numbers that correspond to what you are spelling.

Computer=666 and some other odd ones. Well, afghan preacher does equal 666, as does world chair and jawriting. It was just something I threw in there as a way to keep the context going. I thought it would be a cool "artifact" for Brian to be found with after his attempted assassination of the Afghan Preacher.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow. You have wowed me. Bravo.
Plus: I got it, I got it!. Even the notebook as the signal! .....And she went to the exit, aware he was going to the stage. So................wow.

Fantastic, Jackieflap! This is another excellent contribution.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Excellent story dude. You know you coulda just UtwoU'd me, I have tons of ideas on the mark of the beast. I starred and flagged yesteday!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thanks ladyinwaiting! I always wait for you to reply my stories eagerly. I don't know why, but I feel like your opinion matters on them. I am glad that you were wowed. I had to use a subtle approach to the fact that he was groomed to be an assassin by her and I wasn't sure that the message came through. You have relieved my anxiety. Thanks for replying ladyinwaiting!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thank you my friend. I'm honored you feel that way. It's always a pleasure to read your stories.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Thanks for the reply Toodles! I did end up U2U'ing some ideas anyway. I believe we hashed out our ideas pretty good. I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join