It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to extraterrestrials... Why?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hello, if you read old and religious books you will find the very same fact that people from other places contacted influential humans to shape the way the humanity march. The complete reasons is not to discuss here but to be brief: If you read the old book I cited and take the human ignorance out and focus on the good advice, do you believe that humans not following strong rules of conduct will be here today? They will have destroyed the planet and killed each other a long time ago. That's why such contacts always happened and still happening today. Not long ago humanity was to be destroyed by atomic bombs and in few days years of menace suddenly ended and nations freed from dictatorship and from slavery. Talks of peace took place where years of hate and suspicion was the norm. This was a work of the people that are here to keep this plane existing when had to be very realistic on showing the consequences of the stupidy of bombs capable to destroy the planet many times in the name of nothing.
If you ask why not be visible and turn all humans aware, spend a minute thinking what is gonna happen if all you believe and trust, all you live and die for is not what you think. What if money have no value tomorrow? What if your religious beliefs are not what so many generations believed, killed and lived for? Today man kill man for any reason, man lie and rob each other for simple pleasure. There are real cannibals among your society as had centuries ago. Can you imagine if your people can get access to laws, principles and apparatus thousands of years ahead of your evolution? A simple machine can be constructed that destroy all the solar system. In what hands will you trust this machine? Evolution comes at it's proper time and in the same way you can not introduce a small child to a meat slicer you can not access what is ahead in technology, you will hurt yourself instead of using it as a tool for progress. For a long time misinformation will persist and if you look around the ones that truly believe in existence of intelligence in the universe are not necessarily more intelligent but rather than more peaceful because they know more in their hearts than in their brains. Advancement will come when humans can trust completely in each other. Look at any team, they achieve success when they think in the same way and work as a unique body and brain. There are laws and forces in the universe that scape your imagination, most are not in your current capacity of comprehension and have to be that way until the day you are ready to discover it. Make an analogy with a child in first grade getting a lecture in advanced physics... Some mistakes was made indeed but corrected on time; as a proof, look back 3 years ago when was widely announced the introduction of a communication modem using quantum principles. Nobody are talking about it anymore, nor even asks what happened. The problem is that you was not prepared to such equipment because it will accelerate to what you are not ready.
Hope I answered your question and made you think without passion.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hope I answered your question and made you think without passion.

The first part, absolutely. It made me think. But never without passion. Never do I use my mind without conviction and imagination. Passion is one of the defining characteristics of humanity. Thinking with passion does not mean an inability to apply logic and reason. More to the point, using your passion allows you to be more critical than you would otherwise be and allows you to explore avenues of thought that would not come to mind without it.

But you did make me think.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join