It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has been 8 Years......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Tommorow is 9/11/09 and I sit here and remember all that I did and Saw those fateful days. I will not watch any tv. I will sit with my children and thank GOD, for my life and my family.
I am still sick from there. Cardiomyopathy, CHF, COPD Mild, Asthma Mild, DIabetes type 2. I am getting help from the Mount Sinai Hosp 9/11 responder program. They have helped a lot. Getting better. My Doctors say I will live a good life.

I miss my friends and coworkers that had fallen and some that are sick, I see them at the hospital, I can't work anymore but I can play with my son at the park and play MR. Mom at home. Learned to make low carb low or no sugar meals.

I hope all ATSers will take a few minutes and forget the conspiracy and remember the Victims. No matter what happened, the people who died and got sick are to be remembered.

SOME GAVE ALL, ALL GAVE SOME!

My thoughts and prayers to the families.

I also pray that we can come together as a country as before so many times.

They can not beat us when we are UNITED!

God bless the USA.

Be safe and please be careful.

BufordNY
Soon to be from Texas.

RETIRED NYPD

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You are right and I for one will be remembering the victims as well. Thank you for your humbling words. Good luck to you, I will keep you in my prayers.

-Lest we forget-

CX

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My thoughts will be with you all from across the pond.

I can't believe it's been eight years. All the best with your health problems.

CX.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Never forget.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
hard to believe.. it seems like yesterday. It was a tragedy that it happened at all. Let us never forget, and never let something like that happen again.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I still remember the whole day vividly. My heart goes out to all those still suffering. Peace be with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I still remember the whole day vividly. My heart goes out to all those still suffering. Peace be with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'll be happy when we catch the scum that did it expose the lies and stop all the killing in the middle east. 3000 died on 9/11 over a million Iraqis are dead thousands of soldiers god knows how man afghanis.

That horrible lie caused probably over 2 million deaths. Very sad indeed.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thoughts to you and to everyone who lost loved ones and to everyone still suffering the consequences today.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Even though im a Brit I know a girl uptown of NYC whose uncle was a First Responder and is suffering the ill-effects of the aftermath from debris clearing at GZ 8 years ago. My American Flag was put up the very second it turned Midnight here in the UK and will remain up all of today on 9/11 not only as a reminder of those who gave and are giving so much to this day, but the freedoms we lost as a world.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thank you to all who have posted on this.

Just thinking about that day, I still smell the fires, a metallic smell the same I smelled in New Orleans during my help at Hurricane Katrina. That smell like the taste of blood that you never forget. The screams of people in the street groups of people standing on the corners crying. All you can do is to tell them we will get through this. The walls of the missing I saw.
My visit to the Family Pier, where families have gone to report the loved ones missing. The hardest time is when I walked down teddy bear lane. This was an area in the front with at least 50000 teddy bears sent by the children in the country to the families. I am crying now................ I cant stop remembering the letters attached to them and the powerful message that it sent.
The power of children sending the purest of love and energy that exploded to anyone who was there.....

THERE IS NO MAN ALIVE WHO CAN STAND IN FRONT OF THAT WALL AND NOT FEEL THE POWER OF HOPE, LOVE AND CARE FROM THE CHILDREN.
And not cry......

And the priests and clergy who where going around on roller skates to anyone who seemed stumbling in their pain.....

Yes totally funny and unique. POP's Priest on Patrol we called them.
They brought me back to my mission and gave me hope.

I remember the fear that we all had, when the fighter jets flew over the the area doing CAP. We all scurried under trucks and vehicles thing it was another attack.

I also remember when climbing up the pit to deliver supplies, silence of the workers doing the digging and passing the buckets. The Only sound was the wrecking equipment. Every agency within 200 miles on the first day. 90,000 Workers Cops, FireFighters, Civilians, Iron workers all working in a harmony that only comes during disasters . Not one order was ever given all of us knew that task on hand.
I remember the Iron worker hanging by a work harness from a small crane about 100 feet in the air, with the torch hanging next to him, he was upside down cutting the big steel girders. Not your every day assignment. I remember telling a construction worker that his boss was telling him to get off the rig since he had been working for 4 days straight no sleep, He did not know that 4 days had past. He did get some rest after we helped pull him out, He was stuck and so tired. They drove him to the hospital to get checked out.

I will write more later...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
S&F Wonderful post I agree with the OP and I will take some time off to devote to the people who died on 911 and all the first responders and police and Firemen who suffer ill effects from the WTC debris my hart and grief goes out to all of them. This is a time for remembering and to never forget. We must never stop asking important questions when we feel in doubt that our government has not been forthcoming with truthful information into the true events of 911. It is only fare for the victims, their families, and all the responders that the truth will be unveiled so; we all can have some real closures, and the real perpetrators put behind bars for committing such an evil treasonous atrocity for their personal gains.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
I'll be happy when we catch the scum that did it expose the lies and stop all the killing in the middle east. 3000 died on 9/11 over a million Iraqis are dead thousands of soldiers god knows how man afghanis.

That horrible lie caused probably over 2 million deaths. Very sad indeed.

Agreed.It was a very sad day,but the repercussions from it were far greater and caused even more death and destruction.We will never find the real perpetrators or those complicit in 9/11 though... and any independent investigation will more than likely be as independent as a parasite.Just one of those things in life.People will be yapping about 9/11 conspiracy theories for a good few decades to come. and then it will fade into obscurity.The people behind it will be dead and buried.I don't care *who* those people are as im not certain...official story is a pack of lies though.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The world will always remember what happened 8 years ago today. Eventually they will also know the real group responsible for this crime!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
God bless you Bufordny

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
8 years later..and here we are. I was in my kitchen, listeing to tv on other room, washing dishes, when my ears heard the news cast lady on abc news i think it was, her voiced was in awe..i ran to the tv hearing someting about explosion and terrorism, and watched as the plane hit the tower, standing in awwe with my jaw down to the floor.
Go bless those who helped and died, may we never forget and always rememebr, forever all of you. May the guilty ones BE found, to avenge all of you for thier crimes. May this day commemorate, that we will not give up ever, and fight till justice the american way is done legally and without halt... god bless EVERYONE! who was in 9/11 and those assocaited with it in a positive way we will never ever forget my heart goes out to all of you I salute you all

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Today is a day that regardless of who I think did it,I will mourn the thousands of people and the thousands of soldiers who died because of what happened that day 8 years ago.
I raise my glass to all the responders that day as well and to the OP.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bufordny

Starred.

I am glad to hear you're going to be ok buford.

My uncle, a member of the MTA wasnt so fortunate. He developed terrible lung cancer from the asbestos and who knows what else that was inoperable and died 3 years ago. I have a cousin who is the son of my uncle we lost and was also there, promoted to lieutenant to backfill the losses. Another Uncle, a Fire Chief in Manhattan was also there. I hope they are not sick, or that they are not going to get sick.

We often forget in our bickering and speculation to have compassion for those who were there. And it is on this day that I ask of everyone to take a moment and think with all you know now, how horrible a day it was for the people at ground zero. For some, way more horrible than others.

Let's all take a day to reflect, and remember those we lost and those who remain and still suffer.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Don't let this become another JFK or Kennedy family disaste, push for the truth!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thoughts to the families of all involved all over this world of ours, may we never see such an event darken our lives again. And one day may those responsible whoever they may be be forced to meet their maker and pay.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join