It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Analysis of the Al Qaeda Beheading Video of Nick Berg

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

"The most telling evidence that the video of the decapitation of Nicholas Berg was taken inside the Abu Ghraib prison can only be detected by performing a frame by frame analysis. La Voz de Aztlan did just that and some revealing frames came up that are difficult to see if the video is played on normal speed. Towards the end of the video, at frames 9306 through 9368, a person with a US military cap temporarily pokes about a quarter of his left head into the video. His neck, left ear and part of his cap and visor can be seen. We have prepared an animated gif with just the relevant frames that clearly shows this at Animated Photo 7. Look at the right hand side as someone with a military cap, possibly with a second video camera, pokes his head into the video."

This site has been all over this & chasing down the particular oddities. I think the jump suit thing is off, however.

www.aztlan.net...

i didn't see a military cap,what i saw was a white finger protruding through a US military glove,the kind that snipers use to keep their hands warm,but still maintain a touch to the trigger.

[edit on 9-21-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
is a hand holding a camera. the strap on a hand held video camera would look like a fingerless glove, and typically the little finger extends outside of the strap. right handed person like myself olds the caemr in left hand. viewing through camera range finder with left eye, while keeping right eye open to the larger scene.

"staged video" if you're shooting a video of an executiuon it "is" staged

"if" this was done in the prison we don't have to go much further� the goons and their sick friends in the prison are the same goons and their sick friends using the �enemy list�

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Filmmaker Moore Says He Has Footage Of Berg Interview
www.local6.com...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by signa
Filmmaker Moore Says He Has Footage Of Berg Interview
www.local6.com...

I think you should make this into a seperate news story man, it's very interesting indeed. I wonder how he came into possession of it

It would most likely answer alot of the questions that have been floating around here, although we'll probably never get to see it. Good of him to not release it really and just dealing with the family.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I saw this article also and wondered about it's contents. I wonder if it is maybe him reading a statement or messages to family. That would explain why Moore is keeping it with them. I believe if it actually showed something that proved something other than what we thought happened he would be in the middle of time square with it on the jumbo screen right now.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Moores bias would be interesting, as would the 20 extra minutes of video.

Good work people.

Deep

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think that the video has been edited but what does that matter! It matters very little. What matters is the content of the video, and how Nicks body moves when his head is being cut off. To me it looks as if he was druged or beaten before hand. The reason I say this is because when a person is put in that situation even when your arms are being held your not just going to lay almost still like Nick did. He really barely moves when his throat is being cut! Most people would be squirming and tring to get away even if they knew that they were not going to get away. The execution looked to easy to me and almost like Nick let them cut his head off. But like I said he was either beaten or druged because it was too easy .I feel sorry for Nicks family because of this horrible news footage. This is something that should of stayed in Iraq and never aired anywhere in the world. The file footage is worse then most anything I have ever seen on TV. The Alquida deserve to burn at the stake for the way they treat there own people and prisoners of war. I know in war that these things happen but we dont have to televise it for the whole world to see.Things happened just like this in WW2 and Vietnam and its happening again War is a disgusting thing and we have only seen the tip of the iceberg because its really much much worse then we could ever imagine.

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by mrroguesr]

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by mrroguesr]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
How come when ever there is video of anything like this its never clear but SEP 11 we have footage of all sides both planes crashing the only one that isnt seen by americans is the one that failed its mission and crashed in a field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
if you don't think US officials fib about who they detain, read this article
www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't have video equipment but something else looks weird to me. during the reading of the terrorist tripe, Nick's face looks a wrong color and strangely out of focus. Someone doctoring the film to correct for bad lighting? ditto the beheading. That little loop someone posted also shows Nick's head color a totally different shade than his arms. What gives? Anyone look at that closely? Thanks H

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This discussion got OVER 159,000 views:

LIBERTY FORUM

[edit on 18-10-2004 by artbishop2020]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
? everything, trust no one, Now the big ? is why? Would a set-up take place with Nick B.? LOokS JuSt A liTtLE LiKe ThEReS SoMEtHiNg NoT RiGhT wITh ThE PiCs. If so CIA?, but something smells odd to say it lightly..

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just because they are terrorists, and undoubtedly thugs as well, do not underestimate their technological abilities!

I can easily see how this footage could be edited on any computer, and we all know that even terrorist thugs have access to personal computers these days, not to mention more sophisticated equipment.

I believe in the validity of this video. The way that the blood ran out at the end quite convinced me, but then, I'm no expert. This is just one viewer's opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I think Berg was freshly killed when his body was decapitated. If he were alive, as the Mexican physician points out, blood would have shot out all over the place until his heart stopped. As it was, his blood, still fresh flowed freely all over the floor at the time his carotid artery and/or his jugular vein was severed.

Oh! Those white plastic chairs are ubiquitous. The presence of one of those could prove that the murder was carried out in my mother's backyard.

[edit on 05/4/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The presence of one of those could prove the that the murder was carried out in my mother's backyard.

LoL....was it?

I do see your point about how it would have sprayed out with much greater force if he were fully alive and awake at the time......I do wonder what affect drugs could have had on that, though?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but you guys haven't been paying attention if you're sticking with the whole "blood didn't spray" argument.

There have now been videos of victims beheaded in broad-daylight on the sidewalks of Iraq. They were alive because they were walked into the camera frame, blind-folded, knelt down on the sidewalk and their head cut off. The blood did not spray anymore than Mr. Berg's blood did. It just gently pumped out.

As stated early on in this thread and others - we need to give up the hollywood concept and look at the fact that in real life things are just sad and vicious and nauseating - not spectacular.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
when the video first hit the net months back...........i watched it. the images didn't bother me as much as the screams.........they were horrible.

i don't mean to sound callous..........the video was so jumpy it was difficult to make out EXACTLY what was going on.......but the screams came through loud and clear and just made my skin crawl.

i don't buy in to the conspiracy aspect of it. i personally feel this guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time...........kidnapped......and ultimately killed because he was american. but that's my opinion only.

angie

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The blood spray depends on a lot of factors, there's nobody (physician or otherwise) who can say 'this will happen without exception' in regards to the human body. Low blood pressure/high blood pressure, poor circulation/increased circulation, arterial blockages, heart attack; any of these could explain the low blood flow.

However, blood does spray some distance in many cases, sometimes it is rather spectacular, so that can't be written off. It depends on a lot of factors, like location of cut, depth of cut, sharpness of the blade, etc., etc..

I don't think this point should be bought whole-hog, nor should it be discounted out of hand.

Once again, blood can spray a ridiculous distance, just like in the splatter-gore films - under the right circumstances, within the constraints of the victim's physiology.

The chairs certainly don't prove anything, as has been said.

The time stamps are interesting, and mirror those irregularities observed in 9/11 airport footage. I think these 'little details' are great at confusing some people, and simply roll off the back of those who can't believe their leaders would mislead them. Cheap to do, and very effective.

As far as the 'ring', it could have been a camera artifact, or perhaps it could have been what some claim it to be, proof that the perpetrators are not fanatical muslims. Mossad has been implicated in some false flag attacks, to increase the perceived threat level and to soften resistance to military action. Berg would seem a perfect candidate for that sort of operation, because most people would discount Israeli involvement immediately. 'They'd never kill one of their own people!'
Right. They are somehow 'more human' than every other group of people on the planet, who have a well recorded history of doing horrible things to their own kind for various reasons. I don't think so. This is a possibility that can't be discounted.

Maybe Berg wasn't beheaded at all, and this video is just a reasonably well executed fake. It certainly was effective at acheiving its goals if that's the case. Think about it, Joe Public believed it, some conspiracy theorists believed it, and the rest didn't. That's perfect, because what it does is sow confusion and disbelief, along with fear and anger - those who succumb to emotional responses are much easier to manipulate (they're more predictable, and more easily influenced as a result).

The point of this conspiracy, like all conspiracies, is not to be perfectly concealed. The point is to be good enough to fool a majority, and poor enough to be noticed by some fringe elements. When the fringe starts howling, the majority is further distanced from them, less likely to listen to them in the future, and have 'their own' convictions cemented (largely by the simple desire to be opposed to those they see as un-patriotic and 'crazy').

This is yet another example of a perfectly executed (no pun intended) ruse. It fools enough people to fly perpetually, isolates the rest, and keeps everyone just far enough away from each other on various minute issues to prevent the sheep from ganging up (with any sort of factual, provable, easily explainable points) on the masked shepherds - whoever they may be in this case.

I tend to suspect Mossad whenever something goes down this smoothly. Nobody else in the world, no inteligence service I've ever known of, has the ability to run with the ball like they do. They're good, and it shows.

The video isn't a perfect fake, that wouldn't serve their interests nearly so well as the imperfect one you see before you.

There're some other interesting loose ends for people to follow, for example; the reports of Berg being alive after the event. There's also a couple of sites claiming that the server that first uploaded the video was based in a Texas hotel suite - Houston I think. Regardless of the truth behind those, and other similarly unsubstantiated allegations (the ring, the cap, the time stamps, the dialects, etc., etc.), it's a ruse designed to confuse. It's a maze designed without an exit, because reasonable doubt always exists in some, and of course the hardcore on both sides will believe whatever is most comfortable regardless of what's shown to them. The great divide is successfully widened.

Divided..and counquered. That's us.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by John Nada

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Okay....

Has anybody made any comparisons between this and the UK prisoner
Kenneth Bigley (biggley?) who was executed in a similar manner.

Just a thought.

He apparently escaped just before being re-captured and then beheaded.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Bigley is thought to have escaped for around half an hour, with the help of one of his captors

Quote from the BBC.

www.kirkbytimes.co.uk...

Many seem to believe Ken was dead when he was beheaded; the video itself is not a continuous one and is spliced (cut) at several points using computer software. The editing may have been done to hide the fact Ken was dead as the killers cut off his head.

Quote from the kirkby times.

Very, very interesting.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by mr-lizard]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join