It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Analysis of the Al Qaeda Beheading Video of Nick Berg

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
perhaps I'm seeing something else, but for the few frames I see it looks like an ear with a backwards cap.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
amazing ain't it, you see an ear with a backwards cap and I see a hand, with a pinky sticking out

I see what you're seeing but can you see what I am seeing??? perspective and subjective...really hard to come a conclusion on the video when there is so much in bad quality and so many views of the same thing.

I believe this video was intentionally edited to make it so questionable and remove little giveaways slipped by the group responsible.

and i am still curious as to why the the middle guy who started the beheaded wasn't the one to finish it and hold up the head?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Interesting BT...

But looking at it, it looks more like someones right hand, the "ear" looks like a thumb...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
alright, my bad, after reviewing it, it does appear to be an ear.

looking at the gif from the original site, the thumb appears to be bent in strange way, as if it#s on the wrong hand.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Okay i watched that frame again in movie maker from the full length vid (thanks for the tips val) and it looks very convincingly to me that it is a LEFT Hand pinky out, possibly the another cameraman holding the second camera.

[Edited on 5-18-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Its clearly just a hand with a pinky, typical way of a hand to be held when holding a camera.
eg. being the second camera person.
I don't have a frigin idea where anyone gets a view of a head with a military cap on it.

I watched the video frame by frame and was using 50000$ worth of video editing software for it. I used to software to digitaly enhance every frame as I looked at it.

What noone seems to notice, wich is very wierd imho, is the dynamics of bergs head when the middle guy grabs his hair and pulls him to the ground.

His head moves in a very wierd way.

First when the hand goes on his head, his head seems to be puched down, making his neck go 5 cm shorter.
Normaly the head should tilt forward to get this effect when someone grabs you by the hair.

Second thing thats very anomolous in that part of the video is that after the guy grabs berg by the hair, first his neck gets compacted unexplainably, and then, when the guy pulls him to the ground, bergs neck gets stretched an enormous length. It almost looks like a rubber band

Some explained this as his neck or head being severed before the execution, but imho it looks more like his head is digitaly manipulated in that part. It looks like bad video effects.

Next thing thats anomalous(actualy first thing in the video timeline), while the guy is reading the text, his mouth isn't moving anywhere near like how it should move.

I can read lips, due to an accident when I was younger, I spent 3 years completely and 1 year near def, learned sign language and lipreading in that time. Now my hearing is perfect again(even above perfect, my ears are a bit oversensitive and I even hear ranges most people don't)

So, that asside, the guys lips and mouth aren't moving anywhere near what they should be moving like.

The sound seems to be added over the video.

Then the last thing I find strange about the video.
Together with the body formats of the guys standing there, not looking very arabic, at least 2 of them looking like rather overweight white guys.
The way those 4 guys act while the middle guy is reading the text.
The way they shoulder and hold their guns, stand there, move and so on. It just doesn't "fit the picture".

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's pinky finger on the left hand, and you are looking at the elbow of the left sleeve just after that.

There is no ballcap EVER visible. But what is interesting is that this guy is wearing gray coveralls (even got a little zipper pocket on the back). I think this is camera 2.xx man moving over to try to get a better shot. BUT, it might not be either.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Why assume they are thugs?

I assume no such thing, I always forget sarcasm doesn't translate too well over the net. I was actually using the words of how most people see them, and suggesting that maybe people should reevaluate how they perceive them or something here is not afoot.
It is all down to perception, and mine is definately not that they are "thugs". I should've made my satirical remarks a little clearer though.

It takes very little experience to do basic digital video editing on almost any home computer. Or judging by the cuts made, even just pressing stop and start on a regular old vcr.

Well it looks like they've used 2 video clips but just the 1 audio feed, which rules out the use of a video recorder.

They are going to want to gain as much as possible from such a killing, its really no problem at all do splice the footage from the 2 cameras together.

It is no problem at all once you know a few basic techniques, but because it looks like they've used video this means that they've hooked the video up to a converter on the computer, then edited the clips on there. This to me suggests at least a basic background in media, which doesn't necessarily mean anything either way. Again it's down to interpretation and some see it different than others.

The only real odd cut comes right at the end. From 13:46:33 to 13:47:42 (The difference is 1 minute 13 seconds not just 13 seconds).

Yeah that was a typo, I didn't post this so I can't fix it sorry. If you would be kind to that would be great

EDIT* Scratch that, I've sorted it. Cheers.

But there are still possible reasons for this. Most of them boil down to the same reason, crap footage. They might have had trouble making the final cut through the spinal cord. Didn't want to make themselves look like gooses struggling to get it off so they just cut to the end.

Yes that's a possibility, but like you said they'd obviously want to milk this for all it's worth. Milking it to me would be showing that awkward cutting through the spinal cord, it would knock most audiences ill. As well as the fact that two of the guys change over, so I would want to show the slow, torturous removal of the head every step of the way. If they really wanted it to look professional they would've used a proper knife in the first place. If you're going to be prepared with two cameras, an editing system and a nice little speech you'd make sure you had a proper knife to make sure you got the job done without looking like "gooses struggling"

Or perhaps the cameraman just goofed the shot of the removal. You can't have a blurry money shot so they retook it. There really are a lot of reasons to can that minute and a bit. Those are the most obvious two that spring to mind.

Again that's another possibility, but we don't really know for sure do we? That's the problem, until someone comes forward and explains all this there are going to be question marks. It's all down to interpretation and some might think these cuts are too convenient until they are explained or someone provides the original and uncut two seperate tapes.

Its a bloody horrible thing to watch either way.

Agreed, I took no pleasure going through it again and again.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by John Nada]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
When the head is lifted up, there's not enough fluid coming out of it to be a severed human head. it would normally be draining copious amounts of blood and spinal/cerebral fluid, but nada. And a doctor online somewhere said it appeared as if the cut was entirely too clean for a knife decapation. His features stretch and elogonate like rubber during the decapitation. The thing is a fake. For whatever reason, that guy was depicted as being beheaded, but was not.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Undomiel]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
WW & VAl...

Could very well be the left hand pinky, the first thing I thought of was it was the thumb on the right hand...

This is my thinking, is that whoever that is, is holding a knife in their right hand ( grab a butcher knive in your right hand, and hold itr like your going to stab someone ,and compair it to the cut out and enlargement that I posted earlier)...

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Yoda]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corey

Originally posted by twolf
I read on Alex Jones's website www.infowars.com that a gold ring was flashing in the light of the camera from the terrorist that actually did the killing.Isint that totally against their religous beliefs?Also it is mentioned that the killer was a Harvard graduate?Any one have info?

I'm sorry- I'm not sure what it means to have a ring on
one hand/finger as opposed to the other in any other society... Can someone please explain?

And here is some more enlightening info for your brain Corey!

Executioner wore gold ring - forbidden by Islam

uploaded 13 May 2004

Behind the Masks
Clues From Graphic Tape of Beheading Could Help Identify Killers
By Brian Ross and Vic Walter
ABCNEWS.com

May 13, 2004� Crucial clues into the masked men seen in the videotaped beheading of American Nicholas Berg may come from the tape itself, as well as Berg's body, federal investigators involved in the case say.
After analyzing the audio of the tape, the CIA has concluded with "high probability" that the masked speaker, who also carried out the beheading, is Abu Musab al Zarqawi, the top al Qaeda figure in Iraq. Zarqawi is also believed to be behind a wave of suicide bombings in Iraq against American targets.

(the author should post the link)

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You on to something there twolf?
Try these threads that discuss just what your posting up as fact:
Nicholas Berg Timeline and Video analysis
Nick Berg and Zacarias Moussaoui Linked
Nick Berg: US PsyOp sacrifice?
Was Nicholas Berg Executed by the CIA?

seekerof

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You on to something there twolf?
Try these threads that discuss just what your posting up as fact:
Nicholas Berg Timeline and Video analysis
Nick Berg and Zacarias Moussaoui Linked
Nick Berg: US PsyOp sacrifice?
Was Nicholas Berg Executed by the CIA?

seekerof

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Seekerof]

try this on for size seekerof

15 Anomalies Surrounding
Death Of Nick Berg
What Really Happened.com Letters
5-14-4

www.rense.com...

DO NOT paste entire posts from other sources.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I know what I am saying is fact Seekerof!...read on!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
(CBS/AP) Secretary of State Colin Powell scolded Arab governments Sunday for not expressing more outrage over the videotaped beheading of an American civilian in Iraq.

msnbc.msn.com...

Do not paste entire posts from other sources.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Dude, the ATS search feature works perfectly.
Use it!
Everything that your posting has virtually already been posted and discussed, k?

I think you might want to check your u2u box also....look to the top right and you will see a white bunch of words reading: 1 u2u, etc.

seekerof

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It could have been whoever was filming pushed the person away with his own hand, seeing that he was getting into the picture, that would explain why it was a right hand we see.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcherAnd i am still curious as to why the the middle guy who started the beheaded wasn't the one to finish it and hold up the head?

Maybe he was shaken up buy the gore...you cant have a man puking when hes supposed to be "A holy warrior" afraid of nothing but god. It wouldn't make for good scare tactics either.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm new here.

I've just found your site and thought I'd post a quick link to a thread on liberty forum. It's (for the most part) look at the details in the video. A lot is already covered here, but there's a few interesting points. Every bit helps!

www.libertyforum.org...?=all&vc=1&t=0

cheers all

videoman

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thanks for providing your own insights videoman.

At the thread at your forum that you point to, this coherent piece was also linked as a post:

www.brushtail.com.au...

It includes a set of arguments for how the video came about, including these important questions:

Suggested lines of inquiry

� What are the standard interrogation procedures used in these circumstances by the FBI and or the CIA? Do they include videotaping the interrogation. Personally I�d be astounded if they didn�t, after all, the careful reexamination of an interview for nuances of speech, body language etc, is a powerful investigative tool. In this respect, has any of the photographic and video material viewed in closed session by US lawmakers depicted an interrogation session?

� Were tapes made at the three known interviews of Nick Berg by the FBI? Who did the interviews? Where are they?

� Were the orange jumpsuits issued in Iraq? To the Iraqi police, or only at US run facilities like Abu Ghraib? (There is, now, one photo in the public domain showing an Iraqi prisoner at Abu Ghraib in an orange jumpsuit, although it is of a different style to the suit Berg is wearing).

� If video cameras were issued to interrogators, what brand/s were issued, and are their on-screen clocks consistent with those seen in the execution video.

� Whereabouts in Iraq was Nick Berg imprisoned by US and/or Iraqi police?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join