It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu: second wave could strike with a vengeance, says WHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Swine flu: second wave could strike with a vengeance, says WHO

www.telegraph.co.uk

Swine flu could strike with a "vengeance" in the coming months, the director of the World Health Organisation said as the number of cases across the world passed 1,000.

Dr Chan said: "Flu viruses are very unpredictable, very deceptive. We should not be overconfident. The situation is evolving and the virus is changing".

She said the end of the flu season in the northern hemisphere meant that, while any initial outbreak could be mild, a second wave may be more lethal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
But the BBC news report today suggests that the UK is winning the battle against swine flu.. which is a bit of an odd thing to say considering what else they say in their report..

The UK is "tantalisingly" close to winning the battle against swine flu, the chief medical officer says.

But he warned he was still expecting a surge of cases during the autumn and winter months.

And just in case the next wave proved particularly bad, he unveiled plans to double intensive care bed numbers.

Sir Liam said it was only right that the NHS should still plan for the worst case scenario.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So the WHO gives us a warning that the virus is changing and we could be facing something much more damaging whilst letting us know that the threat level may be increased to 6...

Meanwhile, back in Blighty, the good ol' Beeb plays it safe and drums up a report that keeps everyone calm whilst ensuring everyone that new plans are in action, ministers have done their thing, everything will be fine, business as normal... but just in case, they got a vaccine and Tamiflu to help out if we really need it..

It seems to me that there may be a bigger threat than anyone here is letting on to.. Especially with the way the original outbreak was dealt with.. It was allowed to spread.. they should have halted all flights, but no, they had to carry on flying to keep the money rolling..

Many people have died due to incompetence, or down right ignorance.

Many feel the virus to be man made and released deliberately. Others feel it is natural and nothing will stop it.

Just today on the radio I heard adverts for Dettol (a disinfectant) telling everyone that it kills 99.9% of germs, including H1N1 swine flu virus.

So what's it to be? Is the virus under control or are we being fed a load of tripe by the BBC in order to keep order?

I'll be keeping a careful eye on this over the next few weeks.. As much as some are confident, others seem to be getting the body bags ready..

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Quit spreading fear mongering propaganda.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

S&F matey......
BBC are doing the usual BS stuff while ITV Wales news are telling us to prepare for school closures....Propaganda or not still a good post

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

Thank you..

My point was to highlight the difference between what the WHO is saying and how the BBC treats us..

The WHO seem to have taken the kid gloves off, whilst the BBC and the UK are preparing the cotton wool. I expect to see a lot of TV adverts for 'man sized' tissues next.. and herbal tea...

If nothing happens, then great... but if it does turn bad, at least we are semi prepared for that.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Swine flu could strike with a "vengeance" in the coming months, the director of the World Health Organisation said as the number of cases across the world passed 1,000.

OR - Swine Flu could act just like a regular flu and do almost nothing.....

It "could" do lot's of things. So could the common cold, or any of a number of active germs in the environment. It "could" become the plague of the 21st century. OR it might not.

Best poison ourselves now... to save mother nature the trouble right? [rolls up sleeve]....

I gotta say, sometimes I think we are trying to destroy ourselves by every means possible, and the government (global or otherwise) is desperately trying to help us along.

With all the NWO zombies amongst the ranks of the WHO, I'm starting to think maybe they really do want most of us dead... leaving a few to remain as loyal servants - of course.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Which kinda makes you wonder why they so want us to panic but not panic..

Whichever you do, you're going to keep spending your money and makes me think of that thread the other day about how your birth certificate is nothing more than a way for your country to use you as a 'deposit' in a big bank account.

I found that thread interesting seeing as you are worth more dead than alive.. just as long as you've done the marriage bit and had kids..who have birth certs..

It kinda makes sense for them to throw in the odd virus or war every now and again.. got to keep the forest thinned to make way for the new whilst keeping some of the older, finer specimens.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Just today on the radio I heard adverts for Dettol (a disinfectant) telling everyone that it kills 99.9% of germs, including H1N1 swine flu virus.

Its products like Dettol that seem to be causing most of the problems. By killing all the competing germs the 0.1 % that Dettol does not kill can spread and multiply unhindered. Our only hope is Phage Bacteria.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Its a shame noone in the WHO, world leaders or anyone in authority is risking having the "Swine Flu" Injections themselves, despite them being so persuasive that everyone who hasnt been vaccinated against this "flu", should be.
And Dettol wouldnt kill Swine Flu unles you happened to drink it into your lungs.

[edit on 10/9/09 by ROBL240]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This what The Times said around the same in JUNE.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I thought this section was for breaking news? The date of the article the OP posted is May 5th. Old news already.

top topics

join