It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criteria for reaching front page?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How does a thread make it to front page, i thought perhaps flags but that doesn't seem to be the case.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I imagine someone is picking them...

a man behind the curtain if you will

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf
I imagine someone is picking them...

a man behind the curtain if you will

Just wondering cause all 3 at the top have less flags than the rest of the top threads.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The ones at the top are by most flags in the last 18-24hrs, not sure which.

The others are by either most flagged (Important/Top) or most responded to (Hot) within the indicated time frame.

That's my understanding anyway.

[edit on 10 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
yeah it has to do with recent activity. I just wish it wouldn't get congested so easily when there are hundreds of threads about the exact same thing, like right now, with the alex jones crap.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Your right, I think it is 24 hours though...LOL, I have timed it before.
(sad I know right?)

After 24 it gets repopulated with new ones, although the side bar of "top threads" stays active with the top six for 72 hours I think...

But it IS by flags, "active" or the green ones in the side bar is most replies...

[edit on 9/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's all by either flags or replies, none are specially picked by the mods/admins.

Sometimes (like with the Alex Jones story) threads do get promoted by them, but that doesn't directly manipulate the front page as such, it's usually by U2U, and sometimes with a text banner at the top of other threads.

At least, that's how I've seen the system work.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
yeah it has to do with recent activity. I just wish it wouldn't get congested so easily when there are hundreds of threads about the exact same thing, like right now, with the alex jones crap.

I tend to keep an eye on some of the other pages if I find I've already done the front page, the best I think is recent posts. That's a sure fire way to find something fresh.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing, cuz for some reason my introduction thread was at the top of the front page for like 24 hours and I couldn't figure out why, when I normally saw stuff like massive government conspiracies and it was replaced by lyrics from a Rolling Stones song... puzzled the hell out of me.

[edit on 2009/9/10 by Griever0311]

top topics

join