It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown object over Istanbul Sept. 5 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.ufocasebook.com...

The object seems to sway back and forth like a feather floating to earth.

Could be debris although it is luminescent and very large.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I swear there are kite lines underneath.Anyone else seeing them?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I am learning to kitesurf (very slowly due to kids and work) and have a 12.5 meter flexfoil storm kite. I have thought before it would be cool to fly it at night with leds or something on it as it is a huge kite and would look very impressive lit up.And of course in the dark you won't see the lines.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Interesting theory. I do not see them, but it would fit the movement I think although the altitude seems to high for strings and a kite.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Interesting theory. I do not see them, but it would fit the movement I think although the altitude seems to high for strings and a kite.

lines on the kite can be anywhere from 20-40m long thats pretty high up when looking from the ground.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hi,
interesting video. I also live in Istanbul and I dont think that this is a kite.
In the video, the family discussing what it could be. The daughter says, it is a baloon, the father says, no way, because it is stationary and the lights are too strong.
The object seems like this one
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by deccal]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here is some more kite action this time at night.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Of course there is possibility that this is a kite, but I have never seen a kite with lights in Istanbul

Besides, the witness say that it was stationary and with strong lights to be kites. (They were thinking it might be a baloon).

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Honestly after seeing his video of kites at night I am more convinced it is not a kite now, the kites moved dramatically this object was pretty stationary only swaying a bit.. although that possibility still remains... I don't hold it to be a likely explanation.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

i too think it was a kite after seeing the other vids but it could be something else entirely.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
since there is no reference point or objects (again for the thousandth time), it could be a small vessel on the sea being tossed by wave action. the "light" itself does not bend of wave, but the entire object moves as if it is riding on a wave. there are black bars seperating the light, as if we are looking at struts at one lighted deck level. i have been at sea and this looks somewhat familiar, especially on lighter and smaller fishing craft seen at a distance.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Did you compare this video with the link I posted above? The chinese ufo and this have stunning similarities.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Actually I noticed that as well. They were quite similar. Thanks for sharing that video it is one I missed previously. Really don't know what to make of it. Very odd indeed.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hi there Nephratari! Nice to see you!

Here is a link to the weather data for Istanbul on the 5th:
www.wunderground.com...

Hope that helps in your investigation!

-WFA

top topics

join