It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recorded sex comments cost Calif. lawmaker his job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The Orange County Republican is now a YouTube hit after KCAL-TV aired his racy comments about sexual conquests that were caught by an open microphone in a Capitol hearing room.

I could usually care less about the extramarital escapades of slimy politicians. However it becomes important and the public has a right to know when they misuse public monies, etc, to cary out their affairs, or as in this case when one of the people that they are having an affair with may have ulterior motives for having sex with them.

It seems highly unlikely to me that a lobbyist for an energy company was having an affair with an assemblyman almost 20 years her senior without the ulterior motive of influencing his votes.

He made the comments about the affairs to Assemblyman Jeff Miller during a break in a committee meeting inside the Capitol on July 8, apparently unaware that the microphone at the desk was on.

He was vice chairman of the Assembly Utilities Committee.

Several media outlets reported the woman Duvall refers to in his comments works as a lobbyist for Sempra Energy, a San Diego-based energy services company that operates San Diego Gas & Electric Co. and Southern California Gas Co. Sempra issued an e-mail statement saying it was investigating the claims.

The unseemly remarks also raise questions about the relationship between lawmakers and lobbyists. The Assembly Ethics Committee is investigating Duvall's comments, in part to determine whether the affair might have influenced his votes.

I hope they have an actual investigation and if they find that he allowed himself to be influenced by this lobbyist because of their sexual relationship that he is brought up on criminal charges, such as accepting bribes.

See link for full story....

news.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'I1NzZyc3Q3BFJfYWlkAwRSX2RtbgN5YWhvby5jb20EUl9maWQDYmR hMGMzMzU0NTFiYmY2YjY0Y2Q0MWRlYjBiYWRlNDYEUl9sdHADMQ--

Edit because i forgot link.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by chise61]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I just finished watching the video where he was caught on open michrophone discussing his affairs. Apparantly the women he was having affairs with are both lobbyist.

It also states that the source complained that he talked an awful lot about his sexual conquests and that it made other lawmakers uncomfortable, but that they could not get him to stop talking about it. Perhaps someone figured out the only way to shut him up was to accidently leave the michrophones on while he was bragging.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You know I am sick of these politicians loosing their jobs by doing something a lot of people do.

Sorry if I seem a little too liberal but cmon really, does it matter where he puts his thingy?

He doesn't legislate with this dong, so why does it matter who he chooses to share it with?

I think the time is coming where people are going to realize that what a person does behind closed doors with a willing person does not affect how well they do their job.

The sanctity of marriage is a fallacy, I can attest to that firsthand. My now ex wife left me for someone. What does it matter how he does his job who he chooses to spend his personal time with?

Just being honest here people, sorry I don't see the moral outrage. Especially if the person's significant other gets to enjoy all the perks of his position and maybe doesn't have to degrade herself by sleeping with the man to get it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

He didn't lose his job, he resigned and rightly so.

He doesn't legislate with this dong, so why does it matter who he chooses to share it with?

Many men have been influenced in bed by who they choose to share their "dong" with, and many women have used sex for the sole purpose of influencing a man.

It matters because the women that he chose to have sexual affairs with have a job that's sole purpose is to influence legislators on behalf of their employers. i don't understand how you cannot see that this is a severe conflict of interest.

I think the time is coming where people are going to realize that what a person does behind closed doors with a willing person does not affect how well they do their job.

Except for the fact that it may very well influence how well they do their job when the person that they're behind closed doors with is paid by someone else to influence that person on their behalf.

This thread is not about the sanctity of marriage, it's about a politician that put himself in a position where he had conflicting interests. It's about a politician that may have betrayed his constituents for some sexual favors. It's about the dangers of personal relationships between politicians and lobbyist and how those relationships can effect this country.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think its a good thing that he is gone now that just have to look into revokeing the lobbyist liscence of the women involed. Then I beleive the message would be sent that its not tolerated anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Our country is run by sinful deviants, they think that because "In God We Trust" is on the money and God is mentioned in alot of things refering to America that we wont notice their true nature, sadly there's still many that don't see them for what they truly are, there's no such thing as democrat and republican they're all the same thing working toward the same goal, power, money and total control of we the people, they use Gods' name as a way to fool us, the Bible says in the end there will be people claiming to be good but are truly bad, don't be fooled, wake up, there's no left or right, no one truly represents you, their goal is to work with each other to rob you of everything money and freedom, it's time to revolt!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You're absolutely right the women need to be dealt with also and should lose their right to lobby, perhaps that would put an end to this if such measures were taken.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
You know I am sick of these politicians loosing their jobs by doing something a lot of people do.

Sorry if I seem a little too liberal but cmon really, does it matter where he puts his thingy?

If the hoo-ha belongs to a lobbyist who is hired to 'influence' him, then it does matter where he puts his thingy.

I will agree with you if they continue their relationship once both are out of their respective jobs. Then again, it could be that they'll only have each other left to screw...but not on the public purse.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

I couldn't agree more, we haven't been represented for a long time now. The only ones that our politicians represent are those that can give them the most money and power.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

How is it a conflict of interest that he chose to stick his wang into the willing hole of some broad?

And how many women in history have influenced their husbands in exactly the same way?

Really the thing is he shouldn't quit cause he got his knob waxed. After all Clinton figured out that Lewinsky was a natural humidor and he finished his second term.

Politicians getting some on the side is nothing new, and it's nothing that should shock anyone.

I just don't see the connection between this guy bragging about how good his mistress gives it to him and his ability to legislate.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

You know it almost seems that a revolution is the only way it will change, there has to be millions more that feel the same way that we do.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It's a conflict of interests because both women are lobbyist, it is their job to influence legislators.

It's not about him getting "something on the side", it's about who he was getting it from.

The connection is that the minute that he engaged in personal relationships with these women (paid lobbyists) his ability to do his job was compromised.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

We definately need to clean house in this country. Yes there are millions that know our government needs to be cleaned up, and hopefully the peacful protests that have been occurring will cause our government to wake up before it's too late.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What you dont know, or are obviously overlooking is this is basically government funded and blessed prostition. Basically the bimbo women have sex with this loser and he puts thier special pet project to go status as his reward to them for the sex. This is government corruption through and through.

Only the dim minded see this as a sex only mind your own business deal.

Why should the tax payers fund a prostition ring?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Considering the two women in question are both lobbyists?

I think it's a fare bet to assume his Mr, Happy is doing the voting, not him.

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok...first off, ew. Can you imagine having to earn a lobbyist's salary with that guy? So basically, lobbyists are prostitutes?

I think the guy is an idiot. He should have kept his mouth shut, but I'm glad he didn't.

I have to question, that in ALL of the meetings they have in that room, and ALL of the open mics that they have monitored and recorded, why just THIS guy? Seems to me like he pissed off the wrong person. You can't tell me that he was the only one caught on an open mic saying something he shouldn't have.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The post I had made was the wrong Jeff Miller. Seems there are two Jeff Millers one from California and one from Florida I live in Florida so I thought it was the one in Florida and had no idea of the other.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Basically the bimbo women have sex with this loser and he puts thier special pet project to go status as his reward to them for the sex. This is government corruption through and through.

Only the dim minded see this as a sex only mind your own business deal.

and how is that different from politics as usual?

I think some people in this thread are being naive, if you don't think this sort of thing goes on all the time in not only our government but everywhere there are some people that really need to pull their heads out of the sand.

This is a trick as old as politics itself. The only problem is this guy got caught.

I would like to see one of these politicians stand up and say, "Yea I got a mistress, what's it to you? It's none of your business."

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No that's a different Jeff Miller, the one you're talking about is a congressman from Florida.
The one that Duvall was bragging to is an assemblyman from California.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'd like to know just how much the democratic party is involved with setting this guy up. Apparently, he hasn't been doing this very long or he may not have been so outwardly giddy about it. No guilt over it also suggests he's under some lower mind control and possibly even drugged; prescription or not.

This only shows how near useless ( as usual) most of these people really are for their voters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join