It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entitlement Program Insolvency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Health Care, its what being talked about throughout the USA at the moment.

Partisan debate between Republicans and Democrats is increasing in both tone and regularity.

Ignoring the politics for a moment I'd like to ask an important question.

Can you Afford it?

Check this link out.

Debt Clock

Q: What is the difference between the Debt and the Deficit? A: The National Debt is the total amount of money owed by the government; the federal budget deficit is the yearly amount by which spending exceeds revenue. Add up all the deficits (and subtract those few budget surpluses we've had) for the past 200+ years and you'll get the current National Debt. Politicians love to crow "The deficit is down! The deficit is down!" like it's a great accomplishment. Don't be fooled. Reducing the deficit just means we're adding less to the Debt this year than we did last year. Big deal -- we're still adding to the Debt. When are we going to start seeing the Debt actually go down?

That's a hell of a lot of debt, $40000 for every person in the USA roughly.

We also hearing about how many entitlement schemes are nearly bankrupt (medicare,social security etc).

Link 1

Link 2

Hmm not so good on that front. Yet the current Administration says we shall have to borrow more to pay for Healthcare reform.

Link 3

Link 4

Lets take a look at how health care in the US would look if the reforms came in.

Not to streamlined if you ask me.

My opinion : We need less Government + less spending both in the US and UK. Give local communities more of a role in helping people, reduce entitlement slowly so people don't suffer to much. Free market health care could work if we give it a chance.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, I know other people have valid opinions but my question from the start still stands.

Can you Afford it?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Bumping this so more people can read it + comment.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
more like $40,000 bimonthly, where did you get this from ??

God damn.....lookin at that flow chart one can not be surprised the U.S.A is up the duff!!!, Back to basics i rekon, simplify guys, it doesnt mean your stupid.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I got it by dividing the total amount of debt (~$11 trillion) by the total population of the USA (~300 million) to give example of how much we owe. However I may have had a bit of a brain fail there so feel free to correct me if its bimonthly.

I just ask if the US can afford more government intervention and bureaucracy when its already so in debt.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
and where may i ask did you get 11 trillion from???, you know its 2009 hey, not the year 200??. i'll get back to you with the numbers that ive learnt. Good thread, i just want the right message gettin out.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The $11 trillion is from the Debt Clock website which I believe to be independant and accurate with some very interesting information that you don't normally see.

Thanks for the comments, I just feel this is one issue of health care that is overlooked.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Final bump for this thread, like many of my threads it seems to have slipped away.

Leave a comment if you wish.

top topics

join