It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superb vistas from reborn Hubble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Astronomers are celebrating the release of remarkable new images from the Hubble Space Telescope (HST).

They prove the mission carried out by astronauts in May to service the observatory was an outstanding success.

The latest pictures include trademark Hubble visions - from colliding galaxies to dying stars.

Link to article

Link to pictures

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ea5998eabd9.jpg[/atsimg]

It's hard to believe that, possibly, someone very small, is worried about a job interview.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

That's just poetic.....

second line goes here

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

haha - true.....When my mates start talking about football and cricket stats I always change the conversation by telling about about the hubble deep space image.....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
For me some of the pictures that hubble take, touch me very deeply inside. Like how the best art touches some humans, and makes them all goey inside.

Some of the pictures we have seen from hubble have been so beautiful. Just think, us scum are part of this all. Just think all of the looney humans vendettas mean nothing in the sands of time. While we live in something so beautiful, people are just scum, here to ruin anything they can.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I love the images from the Hubble telescope! I saw the butterfly nebula one earlier today and was just awestruck at how beautiful it is. I think the galaxy really is a beautiful place.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Can't be a NASA photo it has colour in it! Must be fake!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

hahaha man i was just about to post that picture and people say ohhh no way can life be out there

We alone? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? hahaha

star "ironic" LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

hahaha man i was just about to post that picture and people say ohhh no way can life be out there

We alone? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? hahaha

star "ironic" LOL

Dude, I remember, the picture, pointed into a blank and empty spot in the universe (btw the guy who did it outspent his time, gratefully now though!) and when it was developed, so much was seen, that we couldn't fathom it being there, in a vastness of nothing.

Just makes me wonder, how the others are living, we assume in a greater essence, but are some just slaves in a whole planet, are we lucky to have the little slavery we have.

Most of, in such space, how could we not be alone, we aren't even SPOTTABLE! in the universe!.

LMAO, that's so incredibly sad too.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

totally agree mate but LIFE will always find a way, after all we make the universe work!!

I take heart knowing without me you the cat the dog the aliens.. NONE of this we take for granted would WORK

One poster said it best.. The universe does not revolve around you but have faith and take heart that the universe revolves BECAUSE of you

thought it was fitting

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Ha that would be me! I have one today!

Nice pic..Reminds of Christmas lights : )

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
maybe the hubble is a scam and they're all computer generated images....I just cant comprehend how unimaginable these images are....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have a silly question. Please bear with the naive Nixie a moment.

I was looking at the incredible butterfly picture from Hubble.

Where does the light come from? Do they have to enhance the picture? Does it come from the nebula? Surrounding stars or suns? What makes it glow?

Thanks! and please don't hurt me.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I think thats a good question which made me do a little search. From a quick google I found this but your question is quite specific but hope this may help...

The Hubble Space Telescope has two kinds of instruments: (1) imagers, which take pictures; and (2) spectrographs, which analyze light. Imagers are electronic detectors called charge -- coupled devices (CCD's). The CCD's convert light into electronic signals, which an on -- board computer records and sends to the ground. A spectrograph, like a prism, spreads light into its component colors, much as water droplets spread sunlight into a rainbow. The resulting band of light is called a spectrum (plural spectra). Using spectrographic data from the Hubble Space Telescope, astronomers can determine the composition of stars and galaxies--measuring, for example, the amounts of hydrogen, carbon, and other chemical elements in them

Link to source

[edit on 10/9/2009 by booda]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this has already been posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing thread, thank you